What's new

Where are the good sealed room threads?

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Hey grow nerd, do you aircool your lights? if you do how do you completly seal the hood? cuzz mines has all kinds of cracks & cravises

Tape around the glass and hot glue/tape on any seams.

It's pain in the ass but keeps keeps the c02 in and stink from getting out.

drymouth

I actually just found them after freezerboy or somebody helped me redefined my search, the last time i searched sealed rooms nothing inparticulare came up but after i change the settings a whole bunch of things came up.

Plus I made my mind up to go semi sealed, for now. Just cuzz I dont have the funds to buy ac's, dehumid units.

Shcrews- I'm aware of those growers and there threads but when I research there threads I breez threw looking for info pertaining to what I'm searching for like, blazeoneups water only soil mix, or how stoney use 1 600 on a mover on a 4x8 and gets nice numbers. But now that you mentioned it I will go back and read threw again looking for anything pertaining to how they seal there rooms. Thanks.

for me to run all these units I would have to install independent lines for them as I believe these units to pull just as much as 1000 watters or 600 watters.

drymouth

Caljim, I'm going to make me a diy hood cover for my hood's kinda like the ones there selling in the hydrostores, dont know the name of them but I know they got em it looks like nothing more then a fire blanket for a hood... I'm going to use that silver insulation wrape. This would allow me to still take the lens out and clean it.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey grow nerd, do you aircool your lights? if you do how do you completly seal the hood? cuzz mines has all kinds of cracks & cravises

21028_31_06012.JPG

21028_31_06014.JPG

21028_31_06013.JPG

Equals

2102Lean_On_Me.JPG

Have A Nice Day
Mr.Wags

G

grow nerd

Sometimes, depending on the situation and the room... I've done both. When air-cooling, obviously the light ducts are on a closed circuit system.

You can completely seal the hood by making small modifications, since (as you've found out) most hoods aren't completely sealed OOTB. Even the hinged glass design hoods with foam / rubber gaskets don't seal completely, and sometimes it means replacing the gasket material with something slightly thicker and better for a tighter seal, and/or tape around the edges to get that complete seal.

Sucking also helps, instead of blowing.

G

grow nerd

IMO those hood covers are a waste of time & money. I mean, if you've done everything else to your room and there is no other place for improvement, and you have extra cash burning in your pockets, go for it. But otherwise, there are plenty of better items that you can invest your money on instead. My :2cents:

drymouth

Im looking for a good mini split that works great at dehumiding as well as cooling I've been doing some research and most talk about getting a dehumidifire after getting a mini split? can anyone chime in on there recent buys and performance on this units, links to where they purchesed them as well as number of lights and space being used in? thanks

G

grow nerd

Chances are if you're doing any more than a closet grow, you'll want a separate dehumidifier to lower the RH beyond what your A/C is capable of doing. All A/C units should have a dehumidification rating (typically L/h or L/24h) in their spec. sheet.

drymouth

Dam I knew it! I had just conjured up this money to get this split

http://www.earthstores.com/hvacdistribution/

I found this to be best suited for my price rang it has a high seer of 18 and 24000btu cool only unit. hopefully this will do the trick. I ll be setting this up soon if this does'nt do it for dh then I'll have to conjure up some more money to get a santa fe, seems thats the prefered choice around here not unless you could leed me to one 400 and under.

Kush Farmer

A split system isn't going to cut and you will end up getting separate units. You have to keep in mind that they will need to run independently. It's not always hot and humid at the same time. When the plants are mature they will be emitting large amounts of water vapor. Meaning that your D/H will cycle far more than your A/C. Since you are running Co2 you're target temps will be higher than standard 70*. This means that if your RH is dependent on an A/C running you average temps will drop. Then your plants will no longer intake Co2 choking out the stomata on the underside of the leaves essentially shuting down the plants respiratory system. On the other hand if you allow the A/C regulate higher temps the your RH spikes choking out the expiration of moisture from your plants again shutting down the respiratory system of your plants. In CGE you are responsible for every aspect of the environment. Wanting total control over nature entails separating every element into a single system then combining them for optimal conditions. In the long run you will spend more once you have to 'repurchase' a separate D/H unit. Or at least I did six years ago on my first CGE. Good luck and I hope you choose to do a full CGE. The benefits are endless.

S

sparkjumper

A poor mans arrangement..3 1K uncooled vertizontals in an 8 by 8 room.A green air CD-6 propane generator controlled with a cap PPM-3.A 12,000 BTU window AC and a 45 pint dehumidifier.An 18 inch oscillating fan and you'll pull 2 lbs per vertizontal at the minimum with an average yielding strain like blockhead

MaddsVonF

2 Sealed Lab's

2 Sealed Lab's

Running 2 Sealed Lab's.

12x12x12

15x25x10

I posted a grow diary with pics and will add more.

Wife says I'm like Mrs. Winchester, always adding more. I think I'm more like Red Green, only I prefer the Aluminum Tape.

Madds

Latest posts

Latest posts