What's new

When was the last time fan leafs got you stoned?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i use my fan leaves or "water" leaves in butter and "fatty" extractions like cooking oil or coconut oil.
there is lots of good shit in every part of the plant, imho. i try to use it all, as far as im concerned its all got good properties

Stranger

Vape them, and its a nice mellow buzz. Seems to really hit the joints and aches with out a huge head buzz.

Smoking them is a bit harsh and with a vape they can taste good too. Has to be off of females at least in bud.

I now sample them off of most all I grow, good indicator of whats to come. The stronger more pronounced the fans, the better more potent the bud.

Never like wasting anything from the good plant :)

Peace.

Desperate times call for desperate measures... If I'm deep in bud, I never resort to fan.
In a storm, bet you I'm doing it too, and glad I have at least something. Screw brick trash.

In 1966 I think, it was going around that banana peals would get you high. So I dried some and smoked it. Didn't do much for my head.

Wasn't that about the same time as Donovan's song Mellow Yellow?
We smoked our banana peels in the Panhandle in San Francisco for the press. Story with picture made the front page of the SF Examiner.
Same outcome. Nothing much happened.

oldchuck

Veteran
Yeah, Mellow Yellow. I always thought that song was about warm piss. Maybe it was about bananas.

I heard about it listening to WBAI in New York. I think they did get it from the west coast (like most other things). Maybe it was your little show in SF, bruce.

honeybooboo

I dont even save fan leaves for the hash pile. Thats disgusting!
Maybe make a salad if you want to consume fan leaf. I wouldnt do it unless the plant was flushed and Id imagine the fan leaves would be toast by then.
I'm with you TS, don't even save them for hash making.I smoked them as a teenager though, many years ago.

gingerale

Veteran
So how do the fans taste compared to buds? I've never tried smoking any. Let's say if you took some off a plant that has crazy trich coverage on the fans, rolled it up into a blunt, properly dried and cured etc... then smoked it? How would it taste?

Morphote

Veteran
I smoke the new growth on my vegging plants. Fan leaves can be smoked but it isn't recommended. Better to consume (eat, juice, cook with) them than to smoke them. New growth (top 2 inches of the growing shoot) will have a serious effect depending on your tolerance level. If you have no THC in your system you will know what I'm talking about. If you are accustomed to smoking lots of bud then you will not notice any effect.

M.

I

ItsTopShelf

that is the most pointless shit ive ever heard ^ ..... but anyways.. i have a couple plants.. that i save the fan leaves from.. not most of the but.. after u pull off the useless fan leaves.. there are some smaller fan leaves on some plants i have that are loaded with trichs.. and i mean loaded.. ive made killer hash with some of the fans.. but i get rid of anything that doesnt have trichs.. !

sso

Veteran
usually the larger wide leaved varieties are pretty useless. (indica´s.)

there is one plant i have that has rather potent fanleaves. but its a very thin leaved sativa. (pure sativa, from n-vietnam.)

its fanleaves are actually better than some buds ive tried.

but this is a plant that has very tiny buds but is basically rocketfuel, you dont bother trimming this plant.

idiit

Veteran
I now sample them off of most all I grow, good indicator of whats to come. The stronger more pronounced the fans, the better more potent the bud.

for sativas only is also my experience.

i have some phz/acapulco gold females in veg right now. i've smoked some of the primary fan leaves a couple of times very recently and these fan leaves are very potent. two bowls is all i need. these leaves smoke very comparable to subcools jillybean in potency and effects. i'm serious.

the taste is horrible! :) .

Stoxx

Never was that desperate, but was for tobacco when I used to be a chain smoker. Was snowed in one time at a lodge, and there was no way I could go to the store. Some guy had left a pack outside and it was frozen solid. Thawed them cancer sticks, broke em down, put it in my rolling paper and had thawed cigarettes. That was about the rankest thing I've done.

I'm just imagining some of you guys vaping fan leaves in a volcano. :D

It's like always running a ferrari on a quarter tank of gas.

Stoxx

Never was that desperate, but was for tobacco when I used to be a chain smoker. Was snowed in one time at a lodge, and there was no way I could go to the store. Some guy had left a pack outside and it was frozen solid. Thawed them cancer sticks, broke em down, put it in my rolling paper and had thawed cigarettes. That was about the rankest thing I've done.

I'm just imagining some of you guys vaping fan leaves in a volcano. :D

It's like always running a ferrari on a quarter tank of gas.