What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

when to feed coco from seed ?

littlegrow

Hey guys so i popped 2 blue mystic beans and i was wondering when should i feed her ?

should i feed when she pops out of the soil with 1ml of a+b canna coco

or should i feed her when she has her true leaves not her cotyledon ? like wait for her true leaves ?

i have a ph so i can bring my ph from 8 down to 6.8ph

MickFoster

I charge my coco with 1/4 strength nutes from the beginning and water with the same strength nutes for a couple of weeks before I increase strength. I don't understand your pH statement. If you feed at 6.8 you will have immediate deficiencies.

Levitationofme

Agreed. Early Veg 6.0 to 6.2 Ph is what I use.
I would water with a Pipette for the first week or so.
EWC is a good thing to use in the beginning as well.
I add Kelp liquid to the finished tea. Lots of Microbes and lots of Growth Hormones
Should give you a banging start.

Yea making small amounts of EWC is possible. Leftovers are dumped on house plants and such. Most recipes are for 4-5 gallons. I just scale down to a gallon.

There are some guys on youtube who do coco from seeds. It's good to watch what someone else does, so you can tweak to your situation. Time compression for the win.

good luck!

Gramse

I usually start with only rhizotonic the first 1-1,5 week and then 0.4 ec for a week or so before I raise it. Ph between 5,7-6,2

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well growing is a learning curve, as we all come out different results..

I like half strength from beginning, but I also like to run high light levels as possible, and don't water as much as most I bet, I like to cycle the water

Aheadatime

After having just started my seeds in coco a few weeks ago (first grow), I'd highly recommend pre-charging your coco. My girls have had a calmag deficiency for over a week now, and they're just finally starting to recover after I bumped up CaliMagic to 4mL per gallon. That seemed excessive for their small size, but with coco and the strains I'm running, it's not. In fact, I'm going up to 6mL next watering because some signs are remaining persistent and spreading to newer growth.

I'd also recommend feeding after you see the first set of true leaves. 1mL A+B and you'll have to figure out the calmag for yourself, depending on your strains and envio. Which calmag product are you using?

Plants have sort of a feed me gauge....

They are called the cotyledons...... YOu dont need to feed until you notice the cotyledons beginning to turn yellow.....

which means the cotyledons are giving up their nitrogen to the new growth......

Levitationofme

Cal/mag levels important in Coco.
Coco ties up cal/mag and you have to make sure you have enough going in.

Also 5.8 ph is best for nutrients in coco. The PH will slowly drift up between feedings if all is going good.

Dont let the coco dry out too much. The salts in the nutrients build up and get concentrated.

If you are using R/O to water between feedings definitely spike with some cal/mag