What's new

when making pollen

littlegrow

hey guys im curious when you make pollen or hash and you shave the bud to get the crystals off it once you have shaken it a fair bit does that mean the cannabis buds which you used are no longer any good or will the effect of the THC not be there due to shaking all the thc crystals to make pollen or hash ?

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have an automated roller/tumbler which knocks off crystals for kief. Left over buds, I give to friends. There's still potency in those buds.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
hey guys im curious when you make pollen
I popped in here because I'm working with pollen, the stuff which drops from male flowers to pollinate your female flowers and make seeds. You mean knocking off trichomes, the part of the plant containing the highest concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes. Yes, I'm aware the term pollen has been used incorrectly for decades. No worries, it's a common mistake which has been passed on for too long.

Yes, you'll still find low potency in tumbled/kiefed bud. Some of the dispensaries in colorado (and many a black market grower) have pre-tumbled the flowers to remove some of the yummy trichome goodness.

It's a money win-win for them as they can sell the kief at a higher price. The customer who buys the flower, with the lowered potency, will have to buy more to reach the same level of efficacy. Sucks for the customer though.