What's new

When knowledge is suppressed we all lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

In~Plain~Site

sorry ips, but you destroying the planet i live on IS my business. If you dont think it is, then how is me supporting movements that WILL cost you money any of your business?

Which seems to be at the crux of this political thread.

Feel free to commit any funds/effort you desire to that end.

You want to start pointing fingers, look to China

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Point out which of the denialist tactics I have used, or stop with the false accusations.
Nothing I said involves the proving of a negative. You are confused.

You want to start a thread on creationism vs science? I'll be more than happy to participate.
until then, your false accusations and ad hominem attacks exemplify denialists.

cool...whatever gets you through the day.

you have admitted this is just another global hoaxing thread and nothing more.
thinly veiled as a discussion of a fabricated concept after the thousandth p.o.s. thread you created on the topic got closed.

i dont debate with creationists..they believe in "science" as a means to prove a forgone conclusion same with these folks http://www.skepticalscience.com/ and these http://www.hopeandchange.net/2010/02/global-warming-disproved.html

you cant debate a zealot.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
you do realise that the belief that people thought the world was flat is another of those urban myths that arent true dont ya? at no point in time has anyone ever believed the world to be flat.

undereducated people say the darndest things, don't they...

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
lol head, makes me wonder if these guys are really growers or hired spokesmen. they are trying desperately to get this thread classified as something thats against the tou, as they realise all they have done now is demonstrate the inability of anyone to argue against the facts of the matter.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
cool...whatever gets you through the day.

you have admitted this is just another global hoaxing thread and nothing more.
thinly veiled as a discussion of a fabricated concept after the thousandth p.o.s. thread you created on the topic got closed.
Never did I admit any such thing... If you understood context and how conversations work, you'd recognize a specific reply to a specific poster. AGW denial is just one aspect of the disease.
i dont debate with creationists..they believe in "science" as a means to prove a forgone conclusion same with these folks http://www.skepticalscience.com/ and these http://www.hopeandchange.net/2010/02/global-warming-disproved.html

you cant debate a zealot.
You meant, "you can't debate someone who has piles of evidence when you have a head full of nothing, so your only recourse is to attempt to portray them as zealot cultists in the vain hope of somehow discrediting them."

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
lol head, makes me wonder if these guys are really growers or hired spokesmen. they are trying desperately to get this thread classified as something thats against the tou, as they realise all they have done now is demonstrate the inability of anyone to argue against the facts of the matter.

Unfortunately they've learned that if they scream politics loudly enough, good informative threads get closed.

must be miserable to hate being governed more than you love your fellow man or knowledge or truth.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran

really i dont think a thread about global warming is against the TOU...

i understand there is a political component to the entire issue... but in reality what topic in today's environment of government reliance (not just for goods and services but for legislation of health and the dependence on the nanny state for "saftey") does not have a political component?

hell its a marijuana site and that in itself has a political component....
i dont think anybody is trying to get the thread closed?
why would we?
i think most see heady weady's undeserved air of smug superiority reminds most of us of this

smug-alert.jpg

and the angry emotional neg reps and pm's from individuals concerning everything from my mother to my sexuality and education are great entertainment.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
lmao... GMT is talking about constant mentions politics and religion, not your silly assertion that this is a disguised AGW thread.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
You meant, "you can't debate someone who has piles of evidence when you have a head full of nothing, so your only recourse is to attempt to portray them as zealot cultists in the vain hope of somehow discrediting them."

nope sorry i said exactly what i meant.

thanks for playing. runners up will receive a 3 day 2 night stay in historic franklin TN at this beautiful 9000 sq' historic estate!

al-gore-home-renovation.jpg

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
OK let's talk about vaccination deniers.
That's some more undereducated folk that are causing harm to others.
Did any of you guys happen to catch Penn and Teller's last Bullshit?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
OK let's talk about vaccination deniers.
Did any of you guys happen to catch Penn and Teller's last Bullshit?

and the pbs doc about jenny mccarthy.

a classic example of causation/correlation confusion.

my son presents autism near the same time he receives the MMR so it must be the cause.

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
and the pbs doc about jenny mccarthy.

a classic example of causation/correlation confusion.

my son presents autism near the same time he receives the MMR so it must be the cause.

You are right... that's an actual example of causation/correlation confusion... unlike AGW whose cause can be directly observed and measured.

Vaccines absolutely do not cause autism.
It amazes me that you are willing to look sensibly at the claims of those denialists who claim science is wrong about vaccines, but are unwilling to apply the same standards to those denialists saying science is wrong about the observed properties of CO2, or at least familiarize yourself with all of the information so that you could sound well informed in your reasoning.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
You are right... that's an actual example of causation/correlation confusion... unlike AGW whose cause can be directly observed and measured.

Vaccines absolutely do not cause autism.
It amazes my that you are willing to look sensibly at the claims of those denialists who claim science is wrong about vaccines, but are unwilling to apply the same standards to AGW denialists.

you assume i have not read studied and drawn my own conclusions..

hell your so smug and defensive over GW you dont even try to understand what your opponents believe...

you could not tell me right now if i believe GW is real or just not man made?
or do i believe it is partially man made and just not as catastrophic as proported?
maybe i believe we are like a case of fleas to the planet and she will just shake us off when we actually start to damage her?

you would not know my position because your to busy trying to "have the upper hand" to even know what your saying or who your saying it to ;)

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
of course ive believed "denialisim" was absolute crap and a bullshit tactic since the state of flordia baker acted me into a rehab @ 16 for "marijuana addiction" and that was DECADES ago...
they told me i was an addict..i told them marijuana was a non addictive substance, they replied "your in denial"
i realized right then the idea of "denialisim" was just a tactic.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
oh, i dont think anyone believes that global warming will destroy the rock we call earth, just that it will shake us off (or rather prevent us from being able to survive to be accurate). To me that in itself is a big enough problem, even though it wont happen in my lifetime and i dont have kids. to some that may seem like a pointless thing to worry about I guess. Which would only support my view that those not concerned with anything more than the amount of dollars in their pocket are selfish.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
oh, i dont think anyone believes that global warming will destroy the rock we call earth, just that it will shake us off (or rather prevent us from being able to survive to be accurate). To me that in itself is a big enough problem, even though it wont happen in my lifetime and i dont have kids. to some that may seem like a pointless thing to worry about I guess. Which would only support my view that those not concerned with anything more than the amount of dollars in their pocket are selfish.

put it like this if GW is manmade the only way to reverse it at this point is to HEAVILY reduce the population. the earth will restore the balance she needs. driving a hybrid and putting up a windmill is too little too late if the doomsayers are correct. so... greed or not, it is what it is.
here we all sit contributing to the problem(if there is one)as we type into our majic petrol boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.