What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When Is a Strain "Yours"?

kaochiu

Veteran
Fact is that a strain being "developed" by your amazing skills doesn't mean that you'll be the one cashing on it. That belongs to commercial reasons. If someone claims "that is MY strain!" what I hear is "I need a cuddle!".

Tony21

Amazing, but there it is in black and white, I've never been able to quite put me finger on it, but finally ..... Cuddlyness...... The true heart of the matter!

Well said Sir, very observant and analytical :tiphat:..... Are you by any chance a lawyer lol!

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
i fill once you buy seeds from a breader there youres do as you please ,f2 them cross them or whatever, but making f2 there not realy yours maybe after youved worked them to a f5 or better you can call them your , as far as making f1 crosses there yours , its always nice to ask the breders for premision before uesintg his/her gear ,but not all breader will respond back to you & some will tell you noway , i try to respect the breaders an there wishes , but some r just asshole
[gready money hungry asssholes].

PDX Dopesmoker

This is fascinating! Thanks for posting it up.

The explanation of the sport phenomenon in that article might also explain the controversial genetic drift in clones that some people say they've observed.
If there is the possibility of genetic mutation with every new branch, does that mean that a pot plant is a community of clones rather than a single organism?

grayeyes

So I'm mixing poodle-dump x afghani x crap dog. This means all these strains are mine.
Commericialization!! "All for enterprising as long as its to me".