• mid-flower

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • last couple of weeks of flower

Votes: 23 62.2%

• Total voters
H

Hal

Hey All,

I searched all over and couldn't find the answer, so I thought it would be a great poll question. At what stage of flowering, in your EXPERIENCE, does the purple coloration begin to show. This applies only to plants that have purple in their genetics, not those who turn purple only because of low temps.

The reason I am asking is because I have a few girls now in flower that have shown some very purple stems from the beginning, the most purple colored girl had some purple in her buds very early on...but then disappeared :(

The parental lineage is sweet tooth x lifesaver, both of which are known to have purple in their genetics. I'm wondering if I might get blessed with some pretty purple buds in the end :)

I realize it is a very general subject with mucho variation, but in your general experience does the purple show up in the beginning, middle, or end of flower?

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ha i was just checking that on my Chocolate Chunks
39 daze flower here brother :rasta:
oh it's from seed not clone.............. if that matters ?
:smoweed:

tenotoge

i think it really depends on genetics. There's strains that have started purpling out just as the buds started forming in August (you know, when the buds look like anemone). Latest purple slut was a Diamondhead...some purple/pineapple/hawaiin thing...started purpling fairly late.
PS Diamondhead SUCKS. Fun to watch growing though.

swampdank

Pull my finger
Veteran
Mine mostly show the most later. I use it as an indicator of close to ripeness. My F13 stays green til the last week or so and then the buds go purple.

H

Hal

I want to hit you guys with some rep, but it seems to be out-of-commission at the moment.

H

Hal

Talk about coincidence....

Last night when lights came on I inspected the girls, and that one girl who has super purpled stems started showing purple in her buds. Not real distinct at this point, but it definitely is there. I wonder if this purple will increase as chop day approaches?

canned abyss1

Veteran
It depends on the plant, I have seen purple show up on the first calyx and I have seen it show up right before the plant is almost finished, and just about every where in between.

grimcreeper

I've got some sprouted, just over two weeks old and they were purple from the get go. Stems, cotyledons and the leaves. Cotyledons were more greenish on the underside but tops were deep purple. It's been cold however. Afghan Kush Ryder is the type.

fjällhöga

HazeAddictedFanatic
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yep there are various factors involved in purple plants ...

to name a few

* genetics
* nutes
* temperature

H

Hal

I guess an addendum to the initial question might be: when the purple change does happen, does it happen gradually, or all at once?

K

kallenavndk

My experince says that its boh a strain/genetics and Klima issue...
The plants i grown whit Purple genetics such as erdpurt or erdbeer some of them goes red/bourdeau?too,but they go purple early first leafs stems in vege and then buds in flower first light purple or red then very dark the red ones goes almost black....some of my plants get purple very late in flower and was green all the rest of the time .
I grow in 54 degrees north and in the end of our sesson my late girls goes Purple to because it getting cold...so its a tricky pole qeustion hehehe i will say yes to em all :woohoo:

H

Hal

The poll question pertains to buds only, I guess I wasn't absolutely clear on this with the inclusion of "veg" in the first poll answer, but the only thing we really care about in the end is the color of the buds, eh?

I've gone through my alloted rep/karma for today...but thanks to everyone who is participating in this poll :)

Latest posts

Latest posts