What's new

When does flowering countdown start?

2stoge

My AK47 says it flowers in 53-63 days, but do I start counting the days from when I switched to 12/12 or from the day preflowers are seen? :chin::chin::chin: Thanks. :1help::1help::1help::1help::1help:

S

SmokeMan

Most growers start counting the day they flip to 12/12. I count day 1 of flowering because usually by then I have seen presex signs :woohoo:

del...

it starts when 12/12 begins...but one shouldn't necessarily go strictly by what the breeder info says. i've noticed it's usually at least a week or two short in most cases but it can be used as 'general info'. for instance, every time i've had straight ak47 it's flower time was closer to 10 weeks...

MobbDeep

im kinda in that same predicament..im growing nirvana ak48..and they are 10-11 days SINCE 12/12..but they barely have the pistils..theyr all female because they already shwon sex..but theres jsut not alot of pstils everywhere and budsites froming like I nroamlly see..am I just being impatatient?? How far along exactly should they be,considering ak48 is supposedly a FAST flowering plant...and its been around 10 days..and they BARELY have white pistils...Im using 400 hps..but started the flowering process using 6500k t5....then switched to the 400 hps around 5 days ago..

should i be getting worried that my plamts are flowering more profusely,or this normal??

Please help man..im getting worried that i may have a light leak or something..

del...

no worries...it takes a couple weeks after the switch before any real changes begin. 3-4 before you see those popcorn buds then they'll take off and start filling out the stems.

MobbDeep

no worries...it takes a couple weeks after the switch before any real changes begin. 3-4 before you see those popcorn buds then they'll take off and start filling out the stems.

Thanks man..I was getting quite worried that Im either way behind,or I had a lgiht leak..but yeah,my plants are ALL females..with each one making more pistils daily..just not as much as Id like..and the pistils are very sparse..

Do you speak from experience saying that most plants really dont show any REAL flowering til after a couple weeks after switching to 12/12??

Its been 10-11 days since thw switch,and atleast theyve shown sex already..does this mean Im in the right path?:dueling:

del...

been growing outdoors for several decades and indoors for 15 years (2 grows/year = 30 years there too?)...every time i flower i too think it sure is taking a long time to see something! once you get those popcorn buds you'll see faster action...

you are looking at them every day so you won't see much day to day change like that...stay away for 3-4 days them come back and see what's happened! i'm sure you'll notice a difference...

2stoge

del... and Smoke Thanks a lot for the information. I have only grown bagseeds and have never kept track of how many days it took, just let them go until they were done. Its good to now have an idea of how long it will take to finish.

MobbDeep your grow looks alright to me, but I dont know about the banana technique, hell I might give it a try on the next seeds i pop and sees how it grows.

MobbDeep

you def HAVE to try it out man..google CANNABIS BANANA MTEHOD

it al has to so with the ETHYLENE hormone..

full time daddy
Veteran
mobbdeep, look into a first week booster they really work..... i used to use bud blood from AN 25 bux for a small bag that last for ever... but now just use big bud from week 1-6...

i count the night's...... she should sleep 53-63 nights.....
but one shouldn't necessarily go strictly by what the breeder info says. i've noticed it's usually at least a week or two short in most cases but it can be used as 'general info'. for instance, every time i've had straight ak47 it's flower time was closer to 10 weeks...
soild advice

MobbDeep

I want to buy Bud Blood..and currently have Bug Bud powder..Im jsut getting worried cus its been 10 days and I BREALY have pistils..all my plants are females though..and they all have shown sex so I GUESS im in the right track..I just need REASSURANCE on around what week do the actual buds start forming..and the pistils start piling up??

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I just need REASSURANCE on around what week do the actual buds start forming..and the pistils start piling up??
Don't go buying additives now.

The time the pistils start showing up will depend on your specific growing situation, your strain and the maturity of your plants at time of flower.

Given optimum conditions, your strain could show pistils anywhere between 4 and 30 days, maybe even longer. (Some haze strains don't show pistils for close to 3 months) I have a Skunk#1 that will show hairs in 4 days, if the first 2 days are dark. I also have an Ice Princess X Sour Diesel that didn't show pistils for 27 days.

Try to keep your first few grows simple and get a 'baseline' for how the plant grows. Then start messing with additives and such. Personally, the results I get with FNB are so good, adding anything doesn't occur to me to be anything more than an additional hassle. (Money, time, pH adjustment, res stability, strength)

MobbDeep

Thanks but the thing is I HAVE pistils..all my plants have DEF shown their sex and theyr all females with white pistils at every node..just NOT ALOT..Im worried if I have some type of ligh leak..or maybe Im being impatient as this is my first REAL grow using quality genetics...all my plants are growing very nciely..and they all strecthed quite alot duing the 12/12 under the 400 hps...the temps are around 80-84f...

My concern is when the pistils are going to REALLY start popping out and piling up..and when the buds are gonna start forming...as each plant only has A few PISTILS HERE AND THERE..AND most of the other grows Ive seen usually have alot of hairs ...

So I need someone with experience who can tell me ROUGHLY when the buds will really start showing..maybe at around weeks 3-4 of 12/12??

I truly hope I dont have some typ of light leak..as it gets pretty damn dark in there ( I cant see my hand in front of me when its the dark period..and also considering my strain is nirvana ak48..which is reputed to be a VERY fast flowering strain..Im 11 days into 12/12...

Another thing is at first I was using a 6500k t5 light to flower..but recently change to the 400 hps..I used the 6500k t5 around 5 days in 12/12..maybe it was this blue spectrum lower intensity light that delayed flowering?..all I know is when I put them under the 400w hps..the plants EXPLODED in growth..and are now very bushy,with new leavs forming daily..PLEASE someone shed some, light into this problem..thanks

del...

i have never done the 48 version but have done many grows with ak47 (so i probably shouldn't even be saying anything...but i will)...ak47 takes a lot longer than 8 weeks. it takes a couple weeks after the switch just to get them started into flower...remember here, we are forcing them to flower, forcing them to do something that's not really natural for them unless they're sexually mature when flowering starts. in fact, that's a good question...how old were they before 12/12 started?

MobbDeep

You can see my grow..they were around i month old when they were switched..not too big in terms of size..but def not seedlings or young plants either..

How many weeks is a "couple"..like 3 weeks after the switch?? I just wanna know ROUGHLY how many weeks after the switch for them to really start exploding with pistils,and ofcourse buds...

Im at 10 days..so in WEEK 2..and my plants really dont have many pistils..should I be expceting them to really start prodocing lots of new pistils around week 3-4 of 12/12??

del...

ahh, they probably weren't sexually mature when flowering started so they actually were 'forced' to flower. i always wait at least until alternating branching is well under way and pre-flowers are showing...always. but you'll be fine...just running a couple weeks +/- slower than had you waited for maturity. there is no exact science that'll tell you when this or that will happen...'weeks' will have to do.

MobbDeep

does it matter if i have A TINY bit of light?and by lgiht i mean the glow of my tv and cpu screen??it gets very dark in there though..and i have lots of blanket over the doors..the doors themselves are completely light proof..its jsut the edges of them that let in any light..thats IF i even have a light leak..

del...

that's debatable...i say yes, it does matter yet a good friend gets outrageous flowers and enters the flower room often during the dark period...but he sometimes gets a few seeds too while i do not <knocks on wood>

i always stress k.i.s.s. and do it by the book and there will be no probs...

MobbDeep

I certainly strive to make the closet as dark as I can..when the lgiht turns off..I NEVER turn on my room lights..keep the door closed,etc..the only light Im afraid of is the glow of my compouter screen and the tv...other than that,theres no light..and ofcourse the morning sun shining through my window*(although i have very dark curtains)...

so when is it? when do the plants EXPLODE in new pistils,and then ,buds??

Since Im in week 2..with only a few pistils here and there..am I in the right track..in this normal??Or do I have a problem such as a light leak??

full time daddy
Veteran
i say no...... i have light leak's and it's not a prob..... some strains will show nanna's & if let go would do harm{seed's} but them are the strains i dont keep..... :) i like having strains that can handle anything at anytime..... u never no when that timer might not turn on or your not there to water.... i say lax n enjoy them befor u know it it will be time to cut.....

start of week 3....
2168flower_3_.JPG

then at 9 week's...
2168silvehaze_11.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts