What's new

when do you trim bottom of plant?

medtoker

I am seriously considering trimming some of the lower branches and trying to clone them. the only problem is my plants are ~5 weeks into flower (8-10 week strain).

What do you think, will it be worthwhile, or should I jsut wait until my next grow to experiment with cloning...?

K

kannubis

when I get tired of trying to ignore it & its too thick to see the medium after a couple weeks of 12/12 (did it last night)

David762

When I want to make clones?

(Did I win? Did I win? What did I win?) LOL

I would trim the bottom of the plant when those fan leaves no longer get so much light as to be really effective -- which is also (imho) a really good time to take clones. But that's just me, thinking aloud. YMMV.

:tiphat:

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive pruned a few weeks deep into flower, the day off flower...

i now like to prune the lower shit off a few days/week or so before i flip them to give them a chance to recover from the trauma and start bloooming on a good note. then i do some 'upkeep' pruning thru the first few weeks of bloom to keep the bottom and insides clear of scruff so all the flower power goes into the branch leads i want the buds to be on.

the key is knowing how the plants react and grow...

good luck

whodair

Veteran
I work for one of the bigger CO MMC's and have still pulled about 1lb per 1k but only with proper training...

so they're having a tough time with yield (.4g per watt) over at the big MMC ??

I am seriously considering trimming some of the lower branches and trying to clone them. the only problem is my plants are ~5 weeks into flower (8-10 week strain).

clone taken at harvest no prob..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php