What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

When cannabis is legal.

bluebublelove

I wonder if when cannabis is legal will it be a govt regulated drug where the control the potency and it is still illegal to grow your own untaxed herb? or if since now all the profit is driven by the illegality of the plant will the price be driven down? will it be a free market like people who sell watermelons on the side of the road? will it come in ciggarette packs? will it be good, will it be bad? basically...sort of a framework as to what would be realistic if we could for some instance be given a chance to ammend the constitution. maybe after we bust down the doors run them out and take their positions and hand the power to the people, in the form of a bong rip....ok so anyways...have at it folks. :joint: :wave:

fat jesus

25 years man...maxiumum. herb will be sold on the free market and it will be a lot cheaper. it will be legal, and you'll be able to buy it in any form you want, like any other produce product. different strains, organic vs. hydro, west coast vs. midwest, etc...once the current college geneation is in power it will be legal unless they betray their past :(

bluebublelove

I think that 25 years is about right....as bad as it sounds...it just depends on how long it takes all of "them" to die off...and what I see with the younger generations. kids 30 and younger are all very accepting and willing to try. so I think it will be somthing.

but you think it will be like stores to buy your weed, just like liqour stores?

whos growing all the weed? individuals or companies?

hows the quality?

tewmten

I don't think it will be completly legal, more like it'll have the same status as alcohol. Certain stores sell it, and smaller amounts are legal to grow for personal usage.
I wouldn't mind it that way, it's still a good deal :)

tewmten

pieceofmyheart said:
Funny, but when I was in my 20's I though for sure it would be legal by now. Some 20 years later............................

here we are
I guess only time will tell.

solrebl

Yeah give it another 20... it has to...There have been advances towards that goal right(medicinal marijuana for example)... I think it's getting there.

Last edited:

Babbabud

Bodhisattva of the Earth
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yea almost 40 years ago i thought it would be legal when my generation got control. Sorry you guys i guess we dropped the ball. :badday:

Aroma

Babbabud said:
Yea almost 40 years ago i thought it would be legal when my generation got control. Sorry you guys i guess we dropped the ball. :badday:

the trouble is there are always students at college that go unoticed , don't get laid and are driven by bitterness, and then there are the colleges only for rich kids. and they are probably conditioned to beleive that mj is for losers and cocain is the drug of choice, but only for the elite. I reckon the legality of it is about control.

G

Yea I wonder how it will be done. Like right now if you wanted to could you gro tobacco plants and roll your own cigs out of your homegrown tobacco? I know peronally if it was legal and being sold everywhere I'd still want to grow my own as I'm sure many others would.

monkeyman

My dad and I talk about it every now and then. When I get into a rant about how it should be legal and some of the positive steps that certain states are taking he just smiles and says that is exactly what his generation thought 30 years ago. He said he was sure back then that it would be legal by now.

People have to remember that there are a lot of extremely powerful lobbies who will do just about everything in their power to keep the drug from ever finding a place on the local store shelf or pharamcy counter.

How well do you think alcohol would do if it had to compete with legal pot? What about a large section of the pharam. industry? I'm actually suprised that the tobacco industry is against it though. In a world growing less and less tolerant of tobacco I would imagine that they'd want to look into other markets to move into. They already have a huge infastructure and distrabution channels which could be mobalized to make them a fortune on the drug if they were ever given the chance.

FinalSolace2

never ever will be legal under the federal government.

CIA works with the top drug dealers- they want to hold onto the marijuana raqet especially as the CIA is protecting their cocaine raqet.

Last edited:

bluebublelove

FinalSolace2 said:
never ever will be legal under the federal government.

CIA works with the top drug dealers- they want to hold onto the marijuana raqet especially as the CIA is protecting their cocaine raqet.

thats the attitude final solace....could you grab my bright future sunglasses?

bluebublelove

tewmten said:
I don't think it will be completly legal, more like it'll have the same status as alcohol. Certain stores sell it, and smaller amounts are legal to grow for personal usage.
I wouldn't mind it that way, it's still a good deal :)

I've always imagined it to be alot like that too. but with a personal touch like...alittle more love...or I hope so

Wacky Tobacky

ill tell ya one thing. if it is ever legal expect me to be growin like lou and going out on the streets and giving it all away. i want to share this great herb with everyone.

robobond

Future Psychopharmacologist
massholebmx said:
Yea I wonder how it will be done. Like right now if you wanted to could you gro tobacco plants and roll your own cigs out of your homegrown tobacco? I know peronally if it was legal and being sold everywhere I'd still want to grow my own as I'm sure many others would.

You can legally grow tabbacco and roll your own. You can also make your own alcohol but you can not sell it without a special tax.

genkisan

Cannabrex Formulator
Veteran
monkeyman said:
People have to remember that there are a lot of extremely powerful lobbies who will do just about everything in their power to keep the drug from ever finding a place on the local store shelf or pharamcy counter.

How well do you think alcohol would do if it had to compete with legal pot? What about a large section of the pharam. industry? I'm actually suprised that the tobacco industry is against it though. In a world growing less and less tolerant of tobacco I would imagine that they'd want to look into other markets to move into. They already have a huge infastructure and distrabution channels which could be mobalized to make them a fortune on the drug if they were ever given the chance.

This, my friends, is the crux of the biscuit.

As long as legal or even tolerated cannabis poses a threat to the mega-profits of the Corpo-Nazi pigs who keep it illegal, we will continue to be persecuted.

D0nC0smic

robobond said:
You can legally grow tabbacco and roll your own. You can also make your own alcohol but you can not sell it without a special tax.

Actually you can make your own beer and wine, but running a still in the US is illegal without a license whether you sell it or not. Not that that has ever stopped anyone i know. Which goes to show you, even if the industry got overly regulated after legalization, homegrowers will never go away, just like moonshiners who do it just for the love of it.