What's new

When BHO Goes Horribly Wrong

vapedg13

Veteran
a ignorant person.... who didnt use a flamable gas in a well ventilated area is what caused this explosion

Butain used in a closed environment..... is just stupid.... just as dumb as havin can of gas sittin by a fireplace

Not the first story and probably wont be the last, I have heard about people using bad judgement around THC collection

ps i know someone who blew up outside with no visible sparks or flames making bho years ago... not super safe wether your smart or an idiot in my opinion..

instant spontanious combustion :) no spark no flame....no fire....how did the gas ignite???

Vokuhila

instant spontanious combustion :) no spark no flame....no fire....how did the gas ignite???
I'd guess electrostatic discharge. That's why I always put my antistatic wrist wrap on when I handle flammable liquids or gases around open containers. They only cost like 5 bucks at most.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
i dont recommend anyone blow through the tube to get the last bit of butane out, i saw a spark from my lip to the tube one time. i never do it anymore. the static spark can happen.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i dont recommend anyone blow through the tube to get the last bit of butane out, i saw a spark from my lip to the tube one time. i never do it anymore. the static spark can happen.

I never felt quite right blowing through a tube in front of anyone anyway, so I use a basketball pump.

Attachments

• Extraction blow down.jpg
    Extraction blow down.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Blow down pump tip.jpg
    Blow down pump tip.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 17

jump /injack

Veteran
That video of jtk707 is frightening, whats the temperature of the fireball on an explosion like that any one have any idea? He was lucky to have a face or eyes left.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
From Wiki

2 C4H10 + 13 O2 → 8 CO2 + 10 H2O.

The maximum adiabatic flame temperature of butane with air is 2,243 K (1,970 °C; 3,578 °F).

That is hot enough to melt steel...............

TripleDraw27

Veteran
Another in Anaheim yesterday. This trend will help shit on the legal thing. At least the non users who teeter totter on this debate

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
24 fucking cans! Lucky your still alive and didn't injure any neighbors, why one would not want to release extremely flammable gas inside closed quarters should be common sense for anyone older than age 10, but to frequent these forums and still continue with the stupidity man.... I fear how many other members are practicing these dangerous methods. The amount people blowing up apartments and hotels is ridicules.

I'm glad you have excepted your horrible decisions and are trying to help others not follow the same fate as you.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
it's the fucking stupid laws that make people act so self destructively. they can't legally be seen doing it, so they do it once inside some where, probably right by the window the first time. then it all goes well, no boom boom, so he does it again and again and after a while it's routine, till the unexpected happens and big boom. everyone tends to think if it didnt happen before, why should it happen at all, without thinking about the unexpected events that life throws at you sometimes.

Gray Wolf

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good point, sort of like Russian Roulette..............

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
I made it outdoors in -30 degree f. Hot water in the bottom cake pan. Now all you reading this and saying i can't do it outside, just lost your excuse that it's too cold out. ALWAYS make it outside, ALWAYS.

LifeCycle

that video is fucking scary. I too had an incident inside...luckily nothing to that extreme, just a 5 foot flame coming out of a pan i was able to carry the pan outside and extinguish it in the snow. NEVER MAKE THE BHO INSIDE!!!!.....i tell people but they jusdt dont fucking get it.

jtk707

Went to jail for 45 days they tried to get me for 2 years i got a lawyer and 3600 bux later . I got 45 days . Dont make bho inside . Im going back to my ice wax for now LOL peace and roots

mack 10

Veteran

never new that. could of blown myself up there!
thanks HMK.

Latest posts

Latest posts