What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's your latest outdoor start ever?

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Last year i put some mid july Central American Sativa that *almost made it. It was smokable but only for personal.

This year i put some autos out in mid july, and this weekend I'll be doing another 50.

Ya.. i know. Hoping for one of those warm falls. Lol

How late have you put some out?

I germed some seeds sometime around this July 10th, photos.

They're some seeds that I pulled out of my south fork kush from last year, I had em' on hand so figured I'd just go ahead and pop a few more out of curiosity.

So I have two of those in a 20 gal fab pot at the moment, they're taking off pretty quick.

I'm not expecting much of anything from them, more of a "why not" sorta thing....I already have a few other plants that were started in May.

I am curious, though, how big they'll get before they start to flower and when they'll start to flower.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
I started an auto last August 1 and harvested it in the middle of October.
Nice. How was the weather? Strain? When did they flower?

These are a new strain so.... I have no idea when they'll start or how long they'll take.

Well days have been getting shorter after the summer solstice on June 21, so expect them to start flowering right away or as soon as you go below 14 hrs of light. What you need is enough time to flower fully before the freeze. So if you start flowering mid August, for a 14 week flower, you need nice(ish) weather to stay until end of November.

We get that occasionally which is what I'm gambling on because mine are autos so they may with a little luck start flowering by end of august, mid september. Doesn't give them much lead time..

PDX Dopesmoker

Nice. How was the weather? Strain? When did they flower?

These are a new strain so.... I have no idea when they'll start or how long they'll take.

Well days have been getting shorter after the summer solstice on June 21, so expect them to start flowering right away or as soon as you go below 14 hrs of light. What you need is enough time to flower fully before the freeze. So if you start flowering mid August, for a 14 week flower, you need nice(ish) weather to stay until end of November.

We get that occasionally which is what I'm gambling on because mine are autos so they may with a little luck start flowering by end of august, mid september. Doesn't give them much lead time..

That was last year, its was White Widow Big Bud automatic from Female Seeds and the plant took about 15 days to go from being a wet seed to pushing out the 5th node and showing the first pistils, all growing in pretty perfect summer conditions for the first 6 weeks and touch and go rain and cool weather after that.

Latest I've ever put out were two Sour Diesel clones that never seemed to take off.

Then again, they were from a friend of mine who runs notoriously dirty and unsanitary grows. He's always talking about mites... so I haven't bothered with any of his clones since then.

They grew SOME buds... but they were anemic and the plants were sickly.
Probably not a good indicator.

St. Phatty

Today.

I retrieved a bale of 3 cubic feet of soil from a blackberry overgrown area & filled up one of those 20 gallon Rubbermaid containers.

No hurry at this point, anything planted is for education & fun.

PDX Dopesmoker

Today.

I retrieved a bale of 3 cubic feet of soil from a blackberry overgrown area & filled up one of those 20 gallon Rubbermaid containers.

No hurry at this point, anything planted is for education & fun.

I dropped a few seeds in the dirt yesterday. If last year is a good gauge they'll be flowering in less than 3 weeks.

TychoMonolyth

Boreal Curing
Rain in the forecast so I dropped my last 100 small plugs into the ground today. They're a little small, but....

This is how fast you can drill holes with a garden auger. Mind you the soil is very loose here. Some places require 2 hands.

[Iframe1]BxIrZSlVpjg[/iframe1]

Small autos going in. Really small.
picture.php