What's new

what's your G.E.S.? [garden efficiency score]

bobbie banger

your G.E.S.

this is a true way to messure the efficiency of your garden it makes alota sence and its really simple
if we compare these scores we could learn alot about what metheads really are the most efficient so please post your meathed and score big or small

[grams per watt]

i get .8 grams per watt an i veg for 30 days

now lose the decimal { 8 } now add a decimal in front of how many days u veg { .30 } now subtract for your score!
( if u have a seperate veg room u dont subtract any thing it just grams per watt)
.8 grams per whatt 30 day veg
8 subtract .30 = score 7.7

some more examples

.6 grams per watt 7 day veg
6 subtract .07 = score 5.93

.8 grams per watt 15 day veg score 7.85

1 gram per watt 7 day veg score 9.93

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
What I do is smoke the cured bud when it is ready, if I get stoned on my ass, then my efficiency rating is high, like me.

B

bipotato

My line of thinking is similar to Haps, but more from a financial standpoint.

bobbie banger

from a financial standpoint getting as many grams per watt with the least amount of veg time possible is what u should be aming for son :)

B

bipotato

From a financial standpoint getting the biggest bottom line through what's practical in a real-world scenario with your bankroll, space, properties, etc. is what I aim for, son.

Keep growing strains like AK47, Blue Dream, and Chronic and see what kind of bottom line that gets you with your grams-per-watt bullshit. Or meat heads or meth heads or whatever.

bobbie banger

oook this is just a way ta let u know if your getting the biggest bottom line or not
through what's practical in a real-world scenario with your bankroll, space, properties, etc.

B

bipotato

No it's not. A power bill is typically the least of my concerns.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Grams per watt is about 50/50 of the following things in my opinion:

Genetics

and grower skill.

An unskilled grower won't use enough light, the wrong nutes, wrong temps, too much water, etc. The skilled grower maximizes the output of all of his strains.

Some strains do yield better, but the skilled grower will switch to the higher-yielding strain, or whatever sells best if that's his game. Smart growers reinvest in their grows, in order to make it more efficient and/or lower maintenance. I spend whatever the garden needs first, before I do anything else. If it's your business, then you better treat it as such!

I've gotten .72 grams per watt on an 8kw flat garden, but I'm hoping to at least double that number here shortly. CO2 and bare bulbs for the win!

Pseudo

just do it
Veteran
first off i dont even know any meth heads who grow, second off your system is flawed because it doesnt take into consideration flower time, are you telling me a 42 day strain is the same efficiency as a 120 day?

bobbie banger

yhe i thought about that but for the most part that comes down to the strain not the setup it self ...... i think i just miss spelled method lol

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
It could be easily argued that a 95*F growroom with 10% humidity, with no fans, no CO2, and shitty chlorinated water could barely grow anything, let alone good weed. That's why I give it 50/50.

Jorge Cervantes grams per watt of flowering time is the only formula that makes any sense. Veg time is irrelevant if you've got a separate veg room, and as long as it's the same or less than the flowering time needed. Vegging should never reduce the number of crops you pull per year. I've got mine to 12 crops a year, harvesting half my flowering room monthly and vegging for four weeks.

B

bipotato

I'm getting enough grams with enough lights fast enough that I feel I can't do much more with what resources I have right now.

bobbie banger

good point so if u veg in a seprate room u dont subtract veg time cuz its not costing u any but some one saying they get .7 gramp per watt that veged a month before they flowerd in the same room isnt as effiecient as some one who only veged 15 days or some one who has a sperate veg room and dosent wast any time on veg at all right?

bobbie banger

I'm getting enough grams with enough lights fast enough that I feel I can't do much more with what resources I have right now.

ok so how do you know your getting enough grams with enough lights fast enough??? im just tryn ta make a formula so u know were u stand

bobbie banger

It could be easily argued that a 95*F growroom with 10% humidity, with no fans, no CO2, and shitty chlorinated water could barely grow anything, let alone good weed. That's why I give it 50/50.

Jorge Cervantes grams per watt of flowering time is the only formula that makes any sense. Veg time is irrelevant if you've got a separate veg room, and as long as it's the same or less than the flowering time needed. Vegging should never reduce the number of crops you pull per year. I've got mine to 12 crops a year, harvesting half my flowering room monthly and vegging for four weeks.

good point dude so if u veg in a seprate room u dont subtract veg time cuz its not costing u any that works some one saying they get .7 gramp per watt that veged a month before they flowerd in the same room isnt as effiecient as some one who only veged 15 days or some one who has a sperate veg room and dosent wast any time on veg at all makes sence yhea?

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
Real efficiency would measure grams per day / square foot of space. So a grm per sq' day is my measure.

My best run has been .5grms per square foot per day (56 days in flower for my best).

:joint:

PS. The real measure is grams produced per year divided by total sq' foot of garden used (veg and flower). You could also divide your total grams by total electrical payments for the 12 months and get a useful number also.

Latest posts

Latest posts