What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats your favorite strain to grow for potency/flavor?

Lolo94

Swazi × Red Congolese. Easy to manage in a small area and takes 12-13 weeks flowering using <12 hour flowering cycle. 88% sativa with no grogginess and a great sativa high. Nice lemony taste after 6 month cure. Long shelf life. Still enjoying sample from january 2018

Leaflet

This thread is of great interest to me. If people could describe the potency (head high, couch lock, duration) as well as the flavor like @Lolo94 did, it would be greatly appreciated!

M

moose eater

20-some years ago, no idea of her roots (pun not initially intended), but she came to me as a seed in a bag of what was referred to as 'North Polio.' I called her Herbina. She was clearly a recessive pheno, as the 'selfed' seeds I kept before our move back then never produced anything like her again. I miss her the most.

She was psychedelic like an old-school potent sativa or haze, was resinous, productive, uniform nice colas. but.... "She's dead, Jim."

Today, taste and potency faves include:

Original Greenhouse Super Lemon Haze (lemon smell and flavor, sweet, sticky like Ketama Gold hashish, with roundish nugs that appear sugar dipped, and her own several-hour high). A friend once stated, after growing my clones, "Too much of her and you might find yourself sitting naked in a window sill, licking your hands like a cat."

Personally, I never quite found myself in that predicament after smoking her, but I got the point...

Rare Dankness' Ghost Train Haze #1. A finicky bitch (the one I kept) where weak knees are concerned, but when she's happy, she has a very nice taste, fairly productive, resin that stains rolling papers, and a very nice high that one person said lasted over 5 hours. He was impressed with her, in particular.

My oldest mother in my stable, Dronkers' Sensi Seed Bank, circa 1997-ish, California Indica (reportedly derived from playing with 11 California strains, all or most of which I'm told had notable presence of old-time Sativas in them). Very nice gland production, makes exquisite old-timey Lebanese Blonde tasting hashish, similar tasting and smelling buds, with a bit of a fuel smell to them, has a notably up-beat high, surprisingly potent for her strain, is the most productive of my harem thus far, and when done right, she is quite resinous. Average couple-hour stone, or maybe a bit longer, depending.

The 2 Goji OG phenos I kept from Bodhi (#2 & #8) hold their own, but I take a break from them on occasion these days. The #2 has more of the 'anise' or licorice scent and flavor to it, while the #8 picks up a bit more of that after a long cure. In between buzz, not up or down. If Seinfeld smoked them, I suspect he'd refer to them as "In-betweeners". ;^>)

All of the above, when content with their soilless mix and other environment, are potent (in my subjective opinion).

thailer

if you can ever get someone to give you a cut of MAC1 or get seeds of MAC, you'll have a really unique stinky plant to enjoy. i got the cut from somebody who gave me some buds to smoke. his buds had a sage thanksgiving type spices smell to it that had this underlying dank funk. i just harvested my first round of it and it smells like green baby poop or maybe skunk? i can't describe it really other than unique and delicious.

another favorite of mine is Orange Cream by exotic genetics because it has a really good orange flavor that stinks over all the other plants. she is easy to grow and has a nice yield. the buds have great bag appeal. she likes to just grow without being trained for her biggest buds. i've grown multpile rounds of her and she prefers to not have her branches topped at all. she will root easy and grow easy. she has a medium leaf to calyx ratio and needs some light defoliation in flower. the cut i have gets deep purple fans underneath and the top of the fan stays green. she can get purple trichome stalks and her resin has a slippyness allowing your fingers to slide before getting sticky. most of her trichomes develop on the bottom of the leaves and with the purple tones on the underneath fan leaves, she takes some pretty upskirt pics. everyone i give her buds to always wants to smoke her and they don't even want to see the other plants. she tastes like an orange with a hint of real bitterness. its like when you crack open the peel of the orange and smell it for the first time. just like that.

picture.php

picture.php

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
I like potent and long lasting weed to smoke, but do not like couchlock, sleepy or devastating(feeling like piece of shit after initial high fades off)...

from greenhouse: tom hill haze, hard to find keeper though. but if you find it, its uplifting, trippy, potent and electric.. my holy grail to smoke.

from indoor: sour diesel crosses - blue diesel, glue diesel, sourD x mextiza, trainwreck x sour diesel, sour OG, sour diesel x neville´s haze, chemdogsourdiesel x bangi haze etc..

blue diesel nug
picture.php

A

AVOH

Who the hell is holding onto the cat piss ssh pheno?!
Hit me up i have some flavors to trade