What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's your coco mix?

I

In Vino Veritas

Anybody using straight coco in beds? I was thinking of a zero veg sog and for beds I would use 28"x36"x8" tubs filled 6" deep with just coco. two drain holes..

Kosmo

In Vino Veritas said:
Anybody using straight coco in beds? I was thinking of a zero veg sog and for beds I would use 28"x36"x8" tubs filled 6" deep with just coco. two drain holes..
hey :wave:
Iam running a 100% Coco Coir bed right now, 3ftx3ftx6in. 3drain holes, but 2 is more then fine. I also just started adding GH Coco-Mat at the bottom of the bed(before adding the coco coir) so i could run rec rez without worrying about coco fiber landing in the rez... I love 100% coco beds MMmmm :rasta:

EDIT: gonna start a thread here shortly, using a smaller bed. Flowering Bubba Kush s1's. Just need these little buggers to show some roots, and its game time :D
IMG_1228.jpg

Peace and Love
-Kosmo

Last edited:
G

How are you guys fighting algae in straight coco? I'm loving how fast clones root in 100%, but the algae growth on top is killin me...

Berry_Coughin'

Veteran
strainwhore said:
How are you guys fighting algae in straight coco? I'm loving how fast clones root in 100%, but the algae growth on top is killin me...

Are you keeping the coco fairly wet constantly? I let mine dry up a bit between waterings... I don't like the soppy coco, and neither do my girls....

buddy of mine has algae in his coco, and he keeps it pretty wet.... ??

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
No algae here. I lit mine dry a little between watering. I only run my drippers if I'm going out of town.

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Bump.

Anyone see better results adding to there coco?
Perlite ,Castings, Guano ?

Take it easy

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
to perlite.... or not..

to perlite.... or not..

can't tell if the verdict is perlite, or no perlite.....

my first real success indoors was a SOG, 200 seedlings culled down to 70 strong females, 15 sq. ft, of 100% perlite, in rectangular grow beds with no drain to waste....cycle watering, from about 2" of nute solution in the bed's to completely dry....

i had no resources for knowledge so i just created my own system... once i dialed it in the results were astounding....now that i'm old i would never toy with such an extreme plant count...but i'm a legal grower now... things are different...

i love perlite but just can't decide if it belongs in my coco grow....

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
70% fine coco botanicare brand and 30% fox farm chunky perlite..

Perlite belongs in every medium -=P

707Corridor

I only add about 15% perlite to my coco. I do have to note that I hand water...it helps me maintain moistness I like in coco and helps with drainage.

inreplyavalon

breathe deep
Veteran
I use 100% coir.
Have mixed it with hygromite and on occasion used hydroton on the bottoms to increase drainage. I found the hydroton to just get overtaken by the coco and roots and not really make too big a difference