What's new

What's wrong with the cheap stuff?

C

Carl Carlson

Don't quote me on this just quite yet, but I think the Jacks hydro is 5 cents per gallon.

I think it actually costs less than that.

The Jack's Professional Hydro + Calcium Nitrate comes in at roughly 1/8th the price of the least expensive, liquid hydro nutes (which around here is the CNS17 series).

Instead of Miracle Grow or Peters, consider Espoma Brand dry ferts, both Home Depot and Lowes have them. The are very well made, and won't drain your wallet. Plant Tone for veg, Tomato Tone for flowering. Add some steamed bone meal (with no N) during flowering, and ocassionally some unsulphured molasses (1 tsp per gallon of water) and you'll be growing great buds on the cheap.

S

staff11

Nothing at all really. Paying for BS claims, fancy labels and getting ripped off when you can grow just as good a crop is a no brainer for anyone that has been around the block.

S

staff11

Instead of Miracle Grow or Peters, consider Espoma Brand dry ferts, both Home Depot and Lowes have them. The are very well made, and won't drain your wallet. Plant Tone for veg, Tomato Tone for flowering. Add some steamed bone meal (with no N) during flowering, and ocassionally some unsulphured molasses (1 tsp per gallon of water) and you'll be growing great buds on the cheap.

Yeah great stuff. I use Biotone plus with fantastic results.

geeker

schultz 10-15-10 mixed full strength for veg = 1 gal*

schultz 10-15-10 mixed at 3/4 strength and koolbloom 0-10-10 bulking formula at 1/2 strength for flower = 1 gal*

*all water mixed with superthrive.

buckyboy

simple Alaska Fish Fertilizer, Seaweed/Kelp and molasses for me.
works great
I was thinking about going with the fish fertilizer next year, but I'm worried about it attracting wildlife. Dont want animals hanging around my shit. lol. Probably just stick with mg. Worked wll last year. Just gotta be light on it. Or I may go with shultz cactus plus 5-1-1. Btw, I grow in-ground plants, and this is my 1st post. Third grow in 2012. Got 12 ozs last year off of 2 plants, using m gro mixed with some non nuted soil.. Going for 2 pound this year. Already dug 4 huge ass holes. Cant wait. And recommendations?

eight8

NOTHING WRONG WITH CHEAP USE MICROBREWED FERTILIZER ITS THE BEST. FROSTY MUG AND BLACK MAGIC LOVE IT

supermanlives

Veteran
i could never match the results i get with organics using miracle grow. organic is sooo much better. that being said i got killer yields using miracle grow . patio and tomato formula. but the taste and smell wasnt as good as when using organics.

Latest posts

Latest posts