What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats Ur Fav Strains?

insomniac_AU

I look for a few different things in my weed. I suffer from insomnia and have a fairly high tolerance so I need a sledgehammer that will knock me out. I also need Cannabis during the day for pain management that allows me to function.

I also look for flavours that keep me interested. I have found Jean Guy from the House of the Great Gardener to be excellent for me and it's delicious. It is very high in THC, reportedly 24%+ and works a treat for me although not a daytime smoke or you won't get anything done. Easy to grow in a home tent set up.

I smoke Black Russian during the day. I got these seeds for Herbies years ago. The first pheno I grew had a berry overtone which was very nice but this one was lost when I moved house. I popped the last seed I had and this pheno tastes like passionfruit with a slight undertone of grapefruit and a strong earthy skunky aftertaste. I enjoy both these strains.

I have a thread in the grow diary section if you'd like to see what the plants look like. :)

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I look for a few different things in my weed. I suffer from insomnia and have a fairly high tolerance so I need a sledgehammer that will knock me out. I also need Cannabis during the day for pain management that allows me to function.

I also look for flavours that keep me interested. I have found Jean Guy from the House of the Great Gardener to be excellent for me and it's delicious. It is very high in THC, reportedly 24%+ and works a treat for me although not a daytime smoke or you won't get anything done. Easy to grow in a home tent set up.

I smoke Black Russian during the day. I got these seeds for Herbies years ago. The first pheno I grew had a berry overtone which was very nice but this one was lost when I moved house. I popped the last seed I had and this pheno tastes like passionfruit with a slight undertone of grapefruit and a strong earthy skunky aftertaste. I enjoy both these strains.

I have a thread in the grow diary section if you'd like to see what the plants look like. :)

I also have insomnia and enjoy strains that knock me on my ass.

Lost in a SOG

GrassSnakeGenetics
Any one with endocrine disruption of that kind can still try taking agnus castus first thing in the morning, it can actually help reset the HPA and whole endocrine cascade.

Also adrenal adaptogens like liquorice and ashwagandha and oats seed for example can nourish your adrenals back to the point where a normal cortisol/melatonin/DHEA rhythm can be restored..

newbert

favorite indica/indica dom-
Blueberry. Best smell, best taste, nice long relaxing high.

sativa/sativa dom-
guatemalan bush weed. completely external expansive high, no introspection. softly invigorating but also relaxing to a degree.

not a fan of a lot of the chem/diesel hybrids dominating the market now. dont dislike them and i respect their strength but they lack subtlety to me. plus if i want my bud to smell like fuel i could just leave it in a bus depot for a week.

wvkindbud38

Elite Growers Club
Veteran
Blueberry
OG Kush(SFV) favorite Kush
Chemdog
White white
Russian Diesel(Ak47 x NYC diesel)
SSH

Kinda a smorgasbord of the spectra!

:respect::abduct:

Twoey

Among the many that I've grown my favourite strains are:
I used to love Chocolope for aromas but sometimes she could have bad vibes and be confusing, Original Amnesia of which I found a pheno with a dreamy soft sligthly trippy up high that I enjoy a lot, expecially during bright days spent with friends out in the country, or on a beach. Zamaldelica for her very trippy and energetic high that last a lot and at the end simply disappear leaving you blissed and witouth tiredness but could be very intense if you overindulge into smoking her.

superpedro

Veteran
Aurora Indica. Tried a lot of different weed, and have found many favorites, but if I were to pick one a bring to a deserted island.
Often have trouble sleeping, and a knee and a shoulder giving me pain. AI deals with the pain and leaves my body super relaxed. Sleep happens when I choose because I am just so damn comfortable. And not like some "sleeping strains", just aiming at unplugging my brain.
A very nice high, and pure pleasure for any situation where you are not dependent on moving your body too much.

beta

Veteran
  • Original Diesel / Underdog / Headband
  • Montana Silvertip
  • Santa Cruz Blue Dream

A

acridlab

gg4
picture.php

true og
picture.php

still searching for ' the' silver haze cut from NYC 96 , still my top favorite smoke from memory,
or the choc. Thai from same place/ time . that stuff was happy weed..

Last edited:

geneva_sativa

Hey acridlab,

You are one of the few people that could actually confirm that Chocolate Thai was available in NYC during the 90's . . . I was getting Chocolate Thai on St Marks Place in 1995.

Loved that stuff. . .nice malty smell and taste, dream-like high

kosher regs are a lot better than the fems. you can get some crazy jew gold leaners that would make anyone look thrice. real legit.

Sivas

I like hollands hope for indica, and purpurea ticinensis for a sativa. But trying new strains every year.