What's new

What's up with lying ass dispensaries?

supermanlives

Veteran
my personal experiences havent been posative . most of the folks i met are just in it for cash. and they lie make up names whatever it takes to make a buck.glad i grow my own

IMO

i was under the impression there is nowhere in the [CA im assuming?] law where it states selling of concentrates made using butane [i believe they specify non-food grade substances, butane in this case] is illegal, just the manufacturing. that being said, most legitimate dispensaries i go to in northern california will state whether or not its bho, because it makes little difference to them. in everything however there is no rule, im sure there are plenty of dispensaries out there lying about their shit to move product... butane does have quite a stigma and is a felony to manufacture. not sure why it should come as any surprise though, there is sketchiness in every/all industries, don't think big pharma and oil, not to mention food, cornered the market on it. best to just gravitate towards those you respect and trust...

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
First rule of economics. When there is a demand for a proscribed product, the illegitimate market will move in to supply it.

A rose by any other name.......................

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I WISH we were getting $15 a gram for concentrates ......I just Ty and sell bulk to peeps locally to give them the dollar break...screw the dispo's.

really? when i went to L.A. they were paying +500/ounce for good budder.. they only want the really solid light-colored BHO though. Water hash is a different story though, you're lucky to get over 200/ounce unless you have some serious full-melt

Also, in response to the original question. I know for a fact that many dispensaries do not know the difference between BHO, co2, Oxygen, Cyanide, or any other fuckin extract.. many of them are foreigners who don't mind the stigma of owning a dispensary and don't give a fuck what they sell. it's a business.

of course there are exceptions. like WAMM.

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
i was under the impression there is nowhere in the [CA im assuming?] law where it states selling of concentrates made using butane [i believe they specify non-food grade substances, butane in this case] is illegal, just the manufacturing. that being said,

this is partially correct.

Every method of solvent-based extraction is illegal i believe. Only water hash and dry sift are ok to make. penalty is $50,000 or 5 years

However the sale of these extracts is not illegal. The law was passed in response to all the horror stories in the news of stoners blowing up their apartments making BHO, therefore only production was seen as a problem i believe. Also it would be hard for police to prove beyond a doubt if a person is in possession of BHO and not another kind of hash.

that is if i remember the law correctly, i researched it after it passed. *i am not a lawyer*

hammalamma

Veteran
this is partially correct.

Every method of solvent-based extraction is illegal i believe. Only water hash and dry sift are ok to make. penalty is $50,000 or 5 years

However the sale of these extracts is not illegal. The law was passed in response to all the horror stories in the news of stoners blowing up their apartments making BHO, therefore only production was seen as a problem i believe. Also it would be hard for police to prove beyond a doubt if a person is in possession of BHO and not another kind of hash.

that is if i remember the law correctly, i researched it after it passed. *i am not a lawyer*

Yup, that's it.

i was under the impression there is nowhere in the [CA im assuming?] law where it states selling of concentrates made using butane [i believe they specify non-food grade substances, butane in this case] is illegal, just the manufacturing. that being said, most legitimate dispensaries i go to in northern california will state whether or not its bho, because it makes little difference to them. in everything however there is no rule, im sure there are plenty of dispensaries out there lying about their shit to move product... butane does have quite a stigma and is a felony to manufacture. not sure why it should come as any surprise though, there is sketchiness in every/all industries, don't think big pharma and oil, not to mention food, cornered the market on it. best to just gravitate towards those you respect and trust...

this is exactly what was done by the organic community when it became legal to use "organic" even if you did not feed organically. know your source.

Latest posts

Latest posts