What's new

Whats the worst....

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'd say Dacca, Bangladesh in the mid 1980's.......I was on a 2 day stop-over to deliver some gold and pick up some hash.......The Ganga-Delta had been flooded for a couple of weeks and this lead to what looked like millions of refugees decending on the city......I have never seen so much human misery in my life, people starving, children dying of malnutrition and disease covered in flies and sores.....

It really opened my eyes to the fact that I was born lucky in the west and had a British passport and money in my pocket so could leave that place.........and I felt so sad for those that could not... but could not help them all....(I did manage to feed a couple of kids by throwing them some food out of my hotel window, but this just led to them fighting over it )........whenever I would go into the street from my hotel I became a target for a thousand of semi-naked beggars all scrambling to touch or rob me in their desperation to live.......it was like I was being besiged by these poor-poor people as a white man so hardly left my room there......it just was not safe at all...........

B

buddymate

Gold run?Hong Kong perchance?I remember the infamous "Jump Test" at Kathmandu airport.

Elite

The worst most dismal place I was ever in was an in-patient drug rehab in the late 70's.It was pretty brutal with the shaving of heads and wearing heavy signs that may say"help mke I'm lonely".The 24 hour G.I marathons scrubbing bathroom floors with a toothbrush had a very positive effect on my drug problems lol.It was everyone snitching on everyone for the most ridiculous of "rules"such as leaving a coffee cup unattented.You must make a person "aware" you are leaving your cup and will return.Otherwise its called being "unaware" and is punished my three residents literally yelling at you telling you what a fleabrain you are.

Sounds like jail, instead the of signs "help me, I'm lonely". You pray for isolation/peacefulness (If your like me, a glimpse of outside, trees and stuff)
When your punished (LCP, PA) they move you where the cameras can't see and CHOKE the shit out of you, with 5 other guards, removing equipment to "Jump in" I almost caught felony charges, serving a 48 hour DUI wrap...
PA sucks. Friends and family are always trying to get me to come "Home" I tell them, you want to see me...come on my soil, where I make the rules. (Not where some under paid, power corrupted CO or Cop does)

:nanana:Elite

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Gold run?Hong Kong perchance?I remember the infamous "Jump Test" at Kathmandu airport.

As a matter of fact yeah.....I was out of Hong Kong with some British Squaddies (Scotts Guards) on this smuggling jaunt to Bangladesh.......and we did do the Kathmandu run a few times but never had the Jump test since they usually let the British military thru into Nepal without a search due to there being a Gurkha regiment in the British army.....

S

Space Ghost

I'd say Dacca, Bangladesh in the mid 1980's.......I was on a 2 day stop-over to deliver some gold and pick up some hash.......The Ganga-Delta had been flooded for a couple of weeks and this lead to what looked like millions of refugees decending on the city......I have never seen so much human misery in my life, people starving, children dying of malnutrition and disease covered in flies and sores.....

It really opened my eyes to the fact that I was born lucky in the west and had a British passport and money in my pocket so could leave that place.........and I felt so sad for those that could not... but could not help them all....(I did manage to feed a couple of kids by throwing them some food out of my hotel window, but this just led to them fighting over it )........whenever I would go into the street from my hotel I became a target for a thousand of semi-naked beggars all scrambling to touch or rob me in their desperation to live.......it was like I was being besiged by these poor-poor people as a white man so hardly left my room there......it just was not safe at all...........

That sounds pretty miserable, but I bet it really made you count your blessings.

Elite

Sheesh Gypsy...not that I expected less...but that tops them all!!

I'm surprised a lot of people (including myself, because I haven't yet seen many countries) are naming places in US, I haven't heard of places in Africa and India...(based on the media I've observed)

Sad...I hope someday I'll be in the position to help some of these places.
:frown:Elite

B

buddymate

As a matter of fact yeah.....I was out of Hong Kong with some British Squaddies (Scotts Guards) on this smuggling jaunt to Bangladesh.......and we did do the Kathmandu run a few times but never had the Jump test since they usually let the British military thru into Nepal without a search due to there being a Gurkha regiment in the British army.....
Scots Guards?1982-1984,I was based there in the 1990's but there was still quite a bit of smuggling going on,Honkers always was a hub of all things nefarious :yoinks:

Moldy Dreads

Veteran
your obviously not very well educated

...just cuz u saw a dirty hippy w/ dreads doesnt mean everyone w/ dreads is nasty and doesnt wash their hair :nanana:

Yes they are, I bet all dreadlocks have some bacterial content inside them below sanitary levels..:yoinks:

Latest posts

Latest posts