What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the longest high?

bigbadbiddy

also good pure power plant does the job. that's why all the dutch commercial growers go for it.

Interesting mention, I thought the strain went more or less extinct, is it really still grown so much?

I wonder because I have a pre 2000 pack from Nirvana here and when I rediscovered it, I wondered if it is anything special these days and deserves to move up in my "to grow" list..
It's basically Durban Poison x Skunk, isn't it?

Anyway @ topic
I can attest that Sativa and long flowering types seem to last longer (for me at least). Going towards 4 hrs while "standard" stuff is anywhere between 2 and 4 hrs.

neongreen

Veteran
I can attest that Sativa and long flowering types seem to last longer (for me at least). Going towards 4 hrs while "standard" stuff is anywhere between 2 and 4 hrs.

So who here has had above average length high from a WLD?

I'm sure I remember reports of WLDs with good length highs (1 or 2 hrs), although not comparable to the best NLDs, and very few and far between.

MickTheBrag

PPP

PPP

Interesting mention, I thought the strain went more or less extinct, is it really still grown so much?

I wonder because I have a pre 2000 pack from Nirvana here and when I rediscovered it, I wondered if it is anything special these days and deserves to move up in my "to grow" list..
It's basically Durban Poison x Skunk, isn't it?

grow your pack of PPP you wont be disappointed. I too thought they wouldt be up too much. when I gave it too people some of them came back to me saying it was the best smoke theyd had to date.

that's how good PPP is. :tiphat:

bigbadbiddy

grow your pack of PPP you wont be disappointed. I too thought they wouldt be up too much. when I gave it too people some of them came back to me saying it was the best smoke theyd had to date.

that's how good PPP is. :tiphat:

Would you grow it ahead of:
- White OG, Karma OG, Headbanger (Karma, ~40 seeds)
- Malawi (breeder's pack), Zamaldelica (Ace Seeds)
- Neville's Haze, Mango Haze, SSH (and almost all other MRN strains)
- Blueberry, C99 from PeakseedsBC

?

I'm currently doing a selection run with Critical Mass and was going to go for the Karma gear after that followed by either the Hazes from MRN or Malawi/Zamal from Ace.

Really don't know where I would fit the PPP in there ... I have another bag of 10 "skunkxafrican" seeds that were homemade by the seed vendor I bought the PPP from. Could technically grow those two together along with some skunkxafghan type varieties from MRN but I just made a bit skunkxafghan (Critical Mass) grow...

Really don't see me popping those anytime soon but let me know if you would grow it ahead of the stuff I listed.

Cheers

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
not before c99.

if you've ever tried c99. well try it again.

he's saying it's a surprisingly solid stone.
I prefer C99 specifically because it's a non-stoner and all up high. It wasn't until I hit Colorado I ran into crosses with heavy indicas. Definitely a long effect, when selected/grown properly. :)

angelgoob

I been freestyling on it.

I also been writing stories and dancing.

These are things I can do, but it's very obviously enhanced to a degree with the c99 and I thank it for that.

Also I can wait longer to smoke. It's not like I'm "high" or even sorta. It's just that I wait longer to smoke. And I conserve this way.

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
PPP is a awesome smoke man. were talking personel stash.:tiphat:

From the guy who also recommended White Widow as top notch weed ?

Mick, much as happened in the last 20 years, WW and PP are barely grown anymore as they are bland and uninteresting compared to anything normal, they havent been top shelf schnizzle for ages.

Grow something from ACE or Karma and tell us what is your favourite.

To answer the OP, mature sun grown Sativas, Kali Mist, Golden Tiger, PanmaMalawi and Ghost train Haze can all go for 4 or 5 hours

H

HaHaHashish

there's a direct correlation between flowering times and the duration of the high both in regards to early or late harvesting of the same clones and between strains of varying flowering durations.

Back on OG we used to theorize that when cannabis became legal lots would grow strains that take 20+ weeks to grow for the trippy, happy, long duration, motivational highs ....are we seeing this in Colorado and California now? Are there lots of Hazes and equatorial strains being grown?

bigbadbiddy

Mick, much as happened in the last 20 years, WW and PP are barely grown anymore as they are bland and uninteresting compared to anything normal, they havent been top shelf schnizzle for ages.

Grow something from ACE or Karma and tell us what is your favourite.

I don't really like this narrative and from personal experience can call bullshit on it already.

Have to concede that I only flowered 1 female from Karma and 2 females from Ace, while I have flowered around 15 from Mr. Nice.

But I have had a little taste of all 3.

2 Ace Old Killer Malawi from their breeder's pack and 1 White OG V2.0 from Karma to be exact.

The Critical Mass and Northern Lights x Skunk from Mr. Nice were waaaay better than the White OG from Karma.
And the Mango Haze from Mr. Nice was on par if not better than the Old Killer Malawi from Ace.

Granted, the sample size is small and I plan to run both Karma and Ace gear again and next time in much larger numbers (around 40 each) but for now, with a limited sample size, this narrative is just bullshit.

And it gets repeated over and over and over.

Which I find particularly amusing as one of the super hyped breeders', Ace, whole modus operandi is to get "back to the roots" and rework/update the strains from yesteryear and adapt them to indoor growing etc.

Does anyone else even notice this?
On the one hand they hype Ace for going back to the roots and reworking/conserving all the good stuff from yesteryear that was so much better than the crossed to shits stuff you get now but on the other hand all the old strains are crap and can't compare to the new chemdawg genetics OG this or that.

Ridiculous.

Like I said, I got a first taste of each and I went with the classic, MRN Critical Mass, to first pop a large number of seeds (~50), because it was the one that looked best out of them all and also the one that smoked best.

Could be I need to go through more phenos but I actually only had 1 Critical Mass lady flowered and she was just better than both the one White OG and the two Malawi.

So this narrative is just that.

Last edited:
H

HaHaHashish

Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya

I grew WW 20 years ago and it was too strong for most light smokers....they would all sit stunned and silenced on the couch for 20 or 30 minutes after a bowl and then say "Wow, that was strong, it blew my head off!". I guess it's not grown as often now as the quality of the high was not as good as the potency, but the potency was up there with the strongest I've smoked or grown. It's so long ago I forget the breeder of the seeds I grew as I was given just a few seeds from a pack.

H

HaHaHashish

The longest high I've got from smoking bud was definitely GN Zamal grown in the tropics....hours of waves of trippy levitation

H

HaHaHashish

hours of waves of trippy levitation

Smoke enough of a potent, well grown equatorial strains that has been cured for at least several months and high will get you to believe that time travel is possible or you have been placed in a technicolor soaked cartoon..lol

The problem is with most bag seed landaces you try to grow is that one in twenty females will have a great high and one in hundreds will have that special high that is never forgotten.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
I would definitely grow PPP over any Karma strain. Not totally slamming Karma because there is good weed to be found but I'll take the PPP over any of their offerings.

PPP
picture.php