What's new

Whats the latest on coffee shops etc in Holland?

theclearspot

Still the weed pass etc? Any changes on horizon? are there lots of dealers selling on the streets in Maastricht for example and what are they charging now? Is it cheaper or more expensive than coffeeshops?

L

LuckyPunch

"are there lots of dealers selling on the streets" yes!!! and this is why the gov stopped the wiet pass

most times its cheaper to buy on the street ,but i dont trust them ....

salam

:ying:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012/10/30/dutch-amsterdam-weed-marijuana/1668761/

11:50AM EDT October 30. 2012 -

AMSTERDAM (AP) — The incoming Dutch government has ditched plans for a national "weed pass" that would have been available only to residents and that would have effectively banned tourists from Amsterdam's marijuana cafes.

However, under a provisional governing pact unveiled this week, cities can bar foreigners from weed shops if they choose.

The pact says that it wants only Dutch residents to have access to marijuana cafes, but leaves enforcement up to cities. Amsterdam opposes a ban, which would hurt tourism.

Some cafe owners said Tuesday that they are satisfied Dutch weed policy will remain unchanged, while others criticized the lack of clarity.

Marijuana trafficking is technically illegal in the Netherlands, but people can't be prosecuted for possession of small amounts and the drug is sold openly in designated "coffee shops."

L

LuckyPunch

dont belive the newstime
weed pass will be real !
my newstime said it was a mistake to say no more wietpass

Good news for me I guess... Looks like i'll be going to Amsterdam this March instead of Bangkok. Was a little nervous about traveling to Bangkok anyways, heard alot of crazy stories lol. Plus not smoking weed for 2 weeks would suck.

Bloods

so im going to amsterdam this december for my birthday(second time :D )
hope i can still get some of that exodus chese

sith44

Yeah, I'd love to see them impose this so called "weed pass". I go to Belgium once a year and fly in and out of Schipol just for the coffee shops to stock up so to speak before I head over to Brussels via train. The Dutch get at least 1000 Euro from much each year just because of those godamn coffee shops! That Weed Pass is a joke, and they'll never toughen the laws. They love our money too much.