What's new

What's the Cali indoor scene like for smaller grows?

The Joker1

The pros are here. Agricultural businessmen with smarts and money are taking over. They have the cash to invest in large scale ops and to do a high volume , lower profit business. The days of the small grower are over. The growers who went big before are going huge now. Think franchise.

I quit a few years ago and make more money doing side jobs in construction with less work and higher profit than I had growing. A weekend of work makes me 2 weeks growing work. I was small scale, high quality, but competition is fierce and if it's a part time job for you , its nearly impossible. Business is built on relationships and starting a new business takes years to network and finance.

You may be better off working for someone who is already established and connected versus starting from scratch.

When my business went under, I threw my lot in with a person who had 300K to start a new company. Even with network connections and years of experience in the construction industry, it took 4 years and 250K to get the ball rolling. We are chump change versus the corporate companies with deep pockets and 20 + years of capital and networking. Weed is going this direction with guys who have PHD's in horticulture and training in large scale agricultural pushing aside the stoners and the self taught.