What's new

what's the best way to have sex?

CatManDoo

Just wondering what is the best way to determine sex on regular seeds? I'm interested in maybe keeping a male or keeping clones for future seeding but am really interested first in determining if I like the female flowers first. Does forcing flower on seedlings at a young age, then back to veg increase the chances of hermie seeds later? Should I grow them all out full , then take out the males after they show balls? I do not want to contaminate the flower room with pre-sex lovi-ness and ruin my other girls' reputation with the community. Thanks:huggg:

ydijadoit

I wish I had an answer for you. I freely admit to clicking on the thread, based on the title alone. Pervin', I guess :)
Regards

supermanlives

Veteran
take clones at first topping or about 4or 5 nodes. continue to veg parents, flower out small clones. simple. flowering an then reverting a plant is best as a last ditch effort . it stresses the plant a bit an wastes time really.

norcal_sourD

Doggy style. In the dark with some one else's mama.

Oh I guess I should have read his actual question first..my bad dude. Take some cuts, separate them, mark which plants they came from, and flip em. (throw em on 12/12) Done deal. If you wait till male balls show, you are risking seeding your whole stable o hoe's. Jus muh 2 cents

midwestHIGHS

Veteran
Hit er from behind with a dab rig in hand and nachos on her lower back. Ya munchies and errl during sex are a must.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Doggy, on shrooms, up a tree........

You can grow seeds on 12/12 from the start or very early. Just take and label clones from them ASAP so you don't have to rely on re-veg.

Kcar

There are FOUR lights!
Veteran
Doggy style. In the dark with some one else's mama.

Oh I guess I should have read his actual question first..my bad dude. Take some cuts, separate them, mark which plants they came from, and flip em. (throw em on 12/12) Done deal. If you wait till male balls show, you are risking seeding your whole stable o hoe's. Jus muh 2 cents

Are you perhaps Dirty Sanchez?

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Most plants will show pre-flowers after 4 -5 weeks of veg time.
Just grow out a bunch in 1gln pots, veg them for 5 weeks and then t/p them into bigger pots once they show sex.
Topping multiple times from the 5th node on, will help keep them short and bushy, while quickening them to show pre-flowers.
A plant will show sex all on its own without any magic tricks.
This whole taking a clone, rooting it while in 12/12 to show sex is a waste of time. By the time you do all that, the seedling will have been in veg for 5 weeks already, and will show sex before that cutting will.