What's new

What's the best stuff?

hayday

Veteran
I label pots with this stuff.It takes me from seedlings to bags.I write strain name then at flower time,add the date.

picture.php

the gnome

Veteran
I use reg. masking tape and magic markers hayday,
its 1/3 the cost of that blue painters 14 day no-stick tape :smoke:

i use colored markers for differing strains, pheno's

sureshot66

Veteran
drinking straw...when i break a branch, i cut straw to size, slice it down the middle, slip over break,tape it(not even neccessary all the time) and it makes the perfect splint

Attachments

• straw.jpg
    straw.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 9
A

ak-51

drinking straw...when i break a branch, i cut straw to size, slice it down the middle, slip over break,tape it(not even neccessary all the time) and it makes the perfect splint
I use aquarium airline for the same purpose.

F

Folate

I use the 5ml baby medicine droppers to get at my liquids. I really like The Gnomes suggestion for larger amounts. Gotta get on of those.
Also Fiskars curved blade scissors.

Folate

cyat

Veteran
kiddee pools... best bang for the buck! $15 gets you a 4x4 hydro tray or a huge low profile res

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
I'm not sure what the HVAC pros use, but back when running air-cooled reflectors I had success with one of these "air nibblers" from HarborFreight ($27) to half lengths of ridged ducting for between my hoods.

Between this and a framing nailer I was a room building machine.

image_12785.jpg

picture.php

real ting

for measuring and dispensing large amounts of fertz I use a 60cc syringe fitted up with a length of aquarium hose to get down into the bottles.
the 60cc is the equivilent of 12 tsp so its quick, fast, easy and very clean mixing up 5-10+ gallons of fert solutions
or your rez.
i got box of 50 for $24 of the bay for my mycology doings.
also available at your local feed and seed outfit for about a buck or 2
used for injecting horses and other farm animals.
they have up 100cc syringes.
you'll never go back after trying 1 of these

View Image

This is a good one! The big syringes changed my nute measuring life. The aquarium line so you don't even have to pour the bottles into something first is an incredible idea, I'm definitely stealing that!

I'm for sure going to be getting something like this in the future. I hate 'nute nights' with the pouring of each of the Fox Farms Trio nute bottles into a tiny measuring cup, multiple times per bottle, repeated with all 3 bottles for each gallon mixed. Glad to know these are out there. I think long term the solution I'm going to go for is a larger (5 gal?) tank with a dispenser nozzle that I can mix up all at once, then portion via the nozzle to gallon jugs. As it stands now, I mix then PH every gallon individually. Mixing a 2-3 week batch of nutrient solution and then pH'ing it pretty much kills a night.

Aqua Tainer
9zjo0rz.jpg

You can pick these up at wal-mart. 7 gallon capacity. I keep a few around for use mixing up nutes and such for moms and veg plants. That big cap has a dispenser spout hidden under the sticker. They work awesome, with the handles you can really shake em around to get everything mixed up or cleaned out, and they have been holding sturdy with no leaks for 2-3 years now for me. I don't think they were too expensive either.

the gnome

Veteran
This is a good one! The big syringes changed my nute measuring life. The aquarium line so you don't even have to pour the bottles into something first is an incredible idea, I'm definitely stealing that!
yeah man! I hate pouring out of the bottle,
12" of Aquar-tubing makes mixing time SOOOO much easier
:smoke:

the gnome

Veteran
I hate flushing soil!

I hate flushing soil!

ok.. gots mo time saver thingy bobbers for ya

here is the specs on the *Gnome auto flusher*
take the spigot off the bath tub and expose the male fitting,
usually 1/2" threaded copper.
then go to a local plumbing supply house and get a special F-male fitting that connect to the 1/2" fitting that reduces down to 1/4" poly, it'll also hook up to your 1/2" lawn hose threads

now your your in bizness
put the plant in the bath tub and set the water so it doesn't overflow the container and maintains an even level,
then let it run for a few 2-3 hrs.
also great for filling the brute 32gal water can in 15 min
:smoke:

picture.php

here's a washing machine tray, about $21 at HD, its nearly 3' x 3'
so its sized for a 600w foot print
picture.php

for $2-1/2 buxs @ lowes you can get a stainless connector for hanging what ever,
it has a wire snap closure, easy to hook up and stays secure
picture.php

Last edited:
A

ak-51

I went to Lowe's today to get another 32-gallon Brute. I wanted to upgrade my only remaining 27 gallon black and yellow tote reservoir. Then I saw that they had one 44 gallon Brute. Of course I got the 44 gallon. Bigger is better! It means I can go for longer before filling it up, and it gives me more buffer room in case a blumat decides to cut loose and start dumping water. These will also serve as really good containers for when I need to breakdown and/or move. I think I could probably fit a whole hood in one. Anyway it came out to about $45 after tax. The big problem now is that I really want to upgrade all my 32 gallon Brutes to the 44's.

I don't have any of them, but apparently the dolly they make works on both the 32 and the 44.

Apparently they make a 55 gallon one too. I have never seen it locally and you would have to be crazy to pay for shipping on such a thing.

real ting

I went to Lowe's today to get another 32-gallon Brute. I wanted to upgrade my only remaining 27 gallon black and yellow tote reservoir. Then I saw that they had one 44 gallon Brute. Of course I got the 44 gallon. Bigger is better! It means I can go for longer before filling it up, and it gives me more buffer room in case a blumat decides to cut loose and start dumping water. These will also serve as really good containers for when I need to breakdown and/or move. I think I could probably fit a whole hood in one. Anyway it came out to about $45 after tax. The big problem now is that I really want to upgrade all my 32 gallon Brutes to the 44's.

I don't have any of them, but apparently the dolly they make works on both the 32 and the 44.

Apparently they make a 55 gallon one too. I have never seen it locally and you would have to be crazy to pay for shipping on such a thing.

55 gallon brute?

apcdn-39435.gif

Those 44 gallon brutes make a great reservoir. Are you using them as plant containers?! The black and yellow 27gal commander totes are a classic, I remember seeing pics of guys using them for hydro back in the OG days. Still going strong today, and only like $10!

A

ak-51

The black and yellow 27gal commander totes are a classic, I remember seeing pics of guys using them for hydro back in the OG days. Still going strong today, and only like $10!
I have 2 27 gallon black totes with the yellow lid. The first two I got were great, they're still holding strong to this day. I just wanted more capacity.

The third 27 gallon black and yellow tote that I got from Lowe's was slightly different. The pattern on top was different and the material was much thinner. It cracked and started leaking the first day. Unless they went back to the old style, the current black and yellow totes are not a good buy.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Found me a 20 gallon Brute today with lid for $20 at HD.

While 55's work great for lots of applications this little guy is perfect for mixing 5-15 gallon batches for hand watering.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=44066-61896-44066&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3551290&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=rel&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Plasgad-Large-Mixing-Tub-887102A/202086174#.UbZrZJywVW4

I just bought 2 tubs and a 2 totes, I'm going to drill them out like this guy did
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t8S3ln4JCg, Throw in a pump/airstone and some 6' netpots in hydroton and see how it works. I saw nothing that justifies buying a "flood tray" or reservoir, plastic is plastic. 2 211gph pumps and 2 airstones with an air pump should do nicely.