What's new

whats the best porduct to bring out the smell

looking for product to really bring out the smell, been lookin at florablend, sweet, bud candy really dont know though. please help me decide for whatever reason. i dont want to use molases in my res. i am doing hydro too if that matters.

SoCoMMJ

That and a good cure. When we bring the bud down to 60% humidity it's fairly bland on the smell.

Once it has been sealed at that level for a week, when you open the jar the neighbors are looking outside to see where the skunk is.

sneakinman13

Veteran
hang dry your plants whole!!!!!!!

trim dry!!!!!!!

feed molasses.

great geneticss are key aswelll...

good luck

K

kannubis

whatever perfume you enjoy can be spritzed on ditchweed even to make it smell desirable, but good genetics are much tastier

toohighmf

Veteran
To those who said genetics, this is obvious but give 3 people the same strain from the same mom of primo "kushes" or chems etc and you will get 3 different buds altogether.
While I'm a proponent of simplicity, their are cheap effective adds you don't have to buy @ the hydro shop. Molasses & humics assist in trichrome, terpinoid, flavenoids etc. Budswell does bring out some flavor, but I'm not a fan of guanos, & I run mineral ferts w rockwool.

A proper flush is just as important as a proper cure. If the plant hasn't sucked up every bit of food stored in it's foliage. I don't hang full plants upside down to dry, but I recommend, a pre trim by removing fans and a complete trimming before hanging. I think trimming wet & fresh keeps the trichs on the buds, and by chopping each branch at equal lengths will dry buds more evenly and get better airflow between each branch hung. I think leaving the the fans can promote rot, and while the drying might slow the process for a good cure, but sometimes that extra 3-7 days it might take to dry could leave a "larfy" or leafy taste & give buds that "hay" flavor.

Botanicare Sweet works well, made my strawberry cough taste 10x better, I loathed the plant, it was at least better with Botanicare Sweet Berry

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Botanicare Sweet works well, made my strawberry cough taste 10x better, I loathed the plant, it was at least better with Botanicare Sweet Berry

yea but your just adding a flavor and what is the point in that? I mean I get it and all but shouldn't the dank come from the bud?:tiphat: peace out Headband707

i think i have pretty good genetics, bogglegum,bogbubble, lifesavor, grape crush, lui, and bluebonic all going right now. i cant get cuts of elites in northeast. power plant and ak have been run a bunch of times. the ak looks good but doesnt smell that strong. power is ok in looks and smells ok. toohigh i do cut plants when wet let em dry 5 days or so and then in paper bags for a few days after that i put in baggies and open a couple times a day. i use gh nutes with floralicious plus and either big bud or koolbloom. i was just wonderin if i was doing something wrong cause heard that ak smells so strong. anyways thanks for the sugestions, im always up for learning more and better techniques.

whodair

Veteran
get new genetics

Exactly, it's the plant, not the additives, genetics.

I hate to pile on but... NEW GENETICS.

genetics for everything from smell to yield, potency and flowering time....cant fool mother nature !!

smelly weed is appealing, but its a labor of love. growing, smoking, transporting and travelling can all be tricky with the stinky !!

my lowest odor strain is the most potent too !!

Baba Ku

Veteran
I suggest trying Tinks Buck Lure. It smells like a mofo!
(although one must acquire a liking for the aroma of deer pussy)

bigwity

Veteran
all about the flush aint it cannaboy. obviously you do need a smelly plant to start with

Snagglepuss

even
ICMag Donor
Veteran
cha-ching can make the crapiest or most or most odorless plant ,give up its smell.It worked on the most poorly grown ,scentless buds.Must be used sparingly though,,,