What's new

What's the best MedicalQuality grinder ever?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive always likes sweetleaf grinders if i was gonna grind anything up but the only time i grind is when i use the volcano... and i dont like the volcano
i like to break/ball up buds for the bing-a-linger

good luck in your search for the ultimate grinder

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
Electric coffee grinder, two pulse chops and i have even bud breakage. Some kief collects on the walls and blades but can be removed by hand by rubbing, or using ISO....

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
With much research and searching in the deepest depths of the earth's grinder offerings, I have decided upon the rare - the divine - the obscure - the ultimate -

SPACE CASE TITANIUM!

2piece_titanium__84536_zoom.jpg

I'm super excited. I'm not sure if it's anodized or whatever - but it looks like some Qual. I'll try to update this thread with feedback on it, but of course, a long term report would be best so... by then this thread might be all smoke 'n mirrors.

ZEROorDIE

annodizing is a chemical process that plates the aluminum with a ceramic-like coating

To paraphrase from Wernick Pinner and Sheasby:

The usual methods for testing hardness, like Brinell or Vickers, isn't applicable because the give the hardness of the basis metal. They then go on to say that there are complications using Rockwell as well, and that the most appropriate methods are tests of abrasion resistance.

All that being said, the final abrasion resistance is affected by a bunch of different factors, most of which will be controlled by your anodizer, but alloy selection plays a part as well.

If everything is done correctly, and you choose an alloy that performs particularly well, the final abrasion resistance can exceed that of tool steel.

see bold

and the titanium one also may be annodized. if its colored(not silver) then it is for sure. fun fact; only aluminum and titanium can be annodized.

Latest posts

Latest posts