What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the best Hotel in Amsterdam that's smoke friendly?

Goldwing

What's the best Hotel in Amsterdam that's smoke friendly?
I got one great recommendations for the Hemp Hotel, any others let me know?
Thanks
bar1.jpg

whiterabbit9

Veteran
<3<3 Amsterdam <3<3

I don't know of any smoker hotels (I know utopia had pool tables. a coffeeshop with blueberry at some time)
but wanted to share how I feel about amsterdam

Sure we can take a look, and see that it's a city afterall, and tourism can fuck a place

but how magical it is, that there is such a place
where there are coffeeshops, brothels, smart shops (no more shrooms)
(Don't mind the brothels myself, it's better the girls are clean and safe)

I just wanted to share how I feel about this city

where stoners, growers, of the world can meet, on this earth, and not be paranoid when smoking :)

where there is so much selection in herbs and hash

I appreciate that
I really do, this city is incredible

i'm sure there's some downs, but If I just take a look at that magical side of amsterdam, it's really cool

I remember I was sitting on a bench, stoned off my ass
and I was looking at this sign that said amsterdam

It felt crazy

:D

Theres a nice hostel called "Heart Of Amsterdam", theres images of movies like Pulp Fiction and Clockwork Orange painted on the walls and stuff...anyone know what im talkin about?

People are friendly there aswell, and you can actually smoke in there, but the receptionist said only if the other people in your room were cool with it.

The rooms were all simple (included tv), and because of the simplicity of the room, it had a very clean look. Easy to chill out in there aswell...

H

Hazyfontazy

smoke in coffeshops not hotels ,thats what they're for,if not get an apartment :2cents:

Stayed at the Hemp Hotel many times.
Recommend it.
It's not in the dead center of town, on the Fredericksplein , but nice walk and easy trams ride.
Not being in dead center is nice. Can walk to Alberyt Cuyp open market, museums, Leidseplein, RLD, Styx coffeeshop up the street (Utrechtstraat), Bushdoctor, Mellow Yellow, others close by.
Suggest you call or email them for specifics.

Goldwing

Stayed at the Hemp Hotel many times.
Recommend it.
It's not in the dead center of town, on the Fredericksplein , but nice walk and easy trams ride.
Not being in dead center is nice. Can walk to Alberyt Cuyp open market, museums, Leidseplein, RLD, Styx coffeeshop up the street (Utrechtstraat), Bushdoctor, Mellow Yellow, others close by.
Suggest you call or email them for specifics.

Someone said there scamming people for investment money for a new hotel?
Any rumors?

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
In my experience.... Most hotels in AMS are not worth the money or the stay. Very noisy, difficult to sleep. Especially on weekends. Or in Party Zones. Singlerooms are closets. VERY depressing.

Other alternatives are necessary, or one will feel ripped off, dead tired, and may be ejected for smoking.

My recommendation. Check the room first. Even if you get attitude. Which you may.

No Pay - unless it;s Okay...!! Getting yr' Euros back is not easy...!!!!

I once tried that one with a mostly prepaid apartment that I felt was mis-advertised as private....!!! Turned into a massive argument, with a very (ugly) angry woman spewing rum in my face as she yelled. Her partner all crying.... Very UNDUTCH experience, I think....

But, I forgot about the deposit - and walked. The trip was too important to me, so, I happily extricated myself from her flying spittle.

And left wild-eyed notes on her door at each subsequent trip - once ordered a pizza to her that she did not order - lol, a new prank on the Dutch.

Until last year, when I let it go...

After that awful incident, I always asked a friend there in AMS go look at the place first...

Goldwing

Thanks man that some good info

Next time you see her take these guys with you and spew some lite rum on her :yoinks:

c29_18073039.jpg

aziv

View from top floor apartment "Suite" overlooking thr Buddhist temple

Attachments

• Amsterdam Xmas 052.jpg
    Amsterdam Xmas 052.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21

zoidb3rg

I stayed at the funky chickin (Spelt that way!) on spuistraat (sp?) Pretty good although the double sofa bed isn't as comfy as it looks! All in all a good stay though fairly expensive 900 for 4 nights, for 4 people.

J

JackTheGrower

Location is probably the best thing.

Amsterdam seems filled with hotels. Expect a closet for 90 euros a night.

If you know your way around then the trams are excellent and the hotel you pick can be anywhere.

If it's your first time then picking a hotel closer to The Dam or other popular places is a good idea.

My stay was at the Linda.. 3rd floor window facing an inside court yard with air that flowed out of the room and up over the building.. The Shower was excellent! The bed was okay but not great. No closet no dresser.
You can't smoke in the rooms any place so for a "Smoke Friendly" rent an apartment. You risk trouble and additional charges if you smoke anything in some hotels.
So seriously I learned that 1. There are no reals schedules stoners follow and 2 rooms are for crashing and they cost wayyyyy too much.
So ask about the bed and see if you can avoid their foam mattresses on a board kind of "single" bed..

Oh and I hope you can climb ladders all right.. because in the Linda that is what the stairs are like...

I will be picking something closer to the party next time since the trams do stop what after 11 pm. Most clubs open at 11 pm and go to 5 am..

I didn't have a bad stay at the Linda I was there for 10 days. In that time it was a great joy to have that shower!

aziv

Nice photo! how much was your room?

315 euro/ night (normally 350) for the "home" ground level, with two floors, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (one shower), kitchen, play station, tv, dvd, computer, free beer!!, pipes, bongs, free welcome sample nug!! We had two couple splitting the 315 euro so it was actually pretty cheap. 4 person max

160 euro for the "suite" (normally 175/night) on 1 floor (Top floor), with 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom/shower, all other amenities except you have to share a kitchen/computer with the apartment on the floor below. That's where I took the pictures. Lots of narrow stairs. My wife and I stayed alone at the suite so 80 euro per person. 2 people max.

I have stayed there before so there was a 10% repeat customer discount and another deal for staying over 2 weeks. Depending on your schedule they have a last minute deal section with huge discounts.

These guys are too cool - will help you with anything and all their places are smoke friendly.

Attachments

• Amsterdam Xmas 039.jpg
    Amsterdam Xmas 039.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 20