What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's the best brand of coco?

COS

I just bought some botanicare bagged coco and it has yellow mushrooms growing it. I've been using botanicare for a few months, but after seeing mushrooms in 2 bags of them makes me want to switch to another brand of coir. I'm going to return these, and try somthing different.

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Canna has a quick turnover. The local distributor sends out a lorry full each day. That's a lot of coconuts. Then think globally.

I did try others but I'm happy with the flake. It riddles out from the root mass easier.

Roadblock

I was forced to use the el-cheapo brand from the hardware store full of salt, a good wash till it read zero EC and then primed it with a Cal-Mag soaking and its working as good as any big name brand other Ive had, its a little more fibrous than the name brands I cant see a problem with it.

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
second that notion for Canna Coco ... I buy it in the compressed brick form ...find it a really good medium >>> user friendly

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
second that notion for Canna Coco ... I buy it in the compressed brick form ...find it a really good medium >>> user friendly

We can't get the brick in the UK. For a while I broke up cogr slabs, but that was very fibrous and fast draining. What's the bricks consistency like?

Edit: Just dawned upon me.. we are out of the EU now. Boarder crossings are all about weight. We will finally get the bricks I reckon :)

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We can't get the brick in the UK. For a while I broke up cogr slabs, but that was very fibrous and fast draining. What's the bricks consistency like?

Edit: Just dawned upon me.. we are out of the EU now. Boarder crossings are all about weight. We will finally get the bricks I reckon :)

Get it ... you’ll be happy you did ...It blows up into like a shredded type almost but small particles, still extremely fast draining

JJ Lowe

Compressed. I use the charcoir cubes. Expanding them with your choice of nutrients really makes a difference imo.

Not to mention not having to lug around a shitload of bags of coco.

I was a Canna guy for years, then switched to the Canna bricks which are great also. Tried bagged Charcoir for a few runs which is as good as bagged Canna I think. I really like Conibo but it is too coarse for use with Blumats so I went back to Canna or Charcoir, whichever two my shop has in stock that day. If it wasn’t for the Blumats I’d strictly run Conibo.

ExtaTerpestrial

Urban Jardin Coco Chips. 50/50 mix of peat
and chunks of husks. It comes rinsed and
buffered. Great stuff. That and Remo brand
nutes. Relatively cheap and plants grow
quickly.

Legalcdn

In my area of canada, i can get pelemix (company out of murcia spain). Excellent stuff and reasonable price. I have run it a few times and there are no gnats.

Latest posts

Latest posts