What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Whats next in California

hello all,

i have been wondering what would be the next plan of action for the DEA. Ive been seeking that all the cities and counties that dont want the clubs open call the DEA and then are shut down or threaten with fed charges. i would like to open a spot in my town but would be hung the same day.
im just worried that the feds will threaten the state to put a hold on fed funding if it does not change the law that the people voted on.

i am a medical user and just grow for myself and smoke with a few friends
that really dont sound like the acts of criminals to me.

peace

tngreen

Veteran
if they reverse a law the people voted on, it will be a sad sad day for Americans all over the country. That will be all the proof i need to convince me that our county's government is no longer by the people for the people.

G

I strongly believe that the latest thing with San Diego is going to stay in San Diego. Hopefully be defeated in San Diego as well so the sick down there can get what they need easily. Greedy clubs can take a hike though, imho. When it cost 1 dollar to grow the eigth they are selling for 65, that is whack. Fortunately med patients there arent being hassled, just the large growers, over 100 plants or so, and large sellers, or so I hear.

G

tngreen said:
if they reverse a law the people voted on, it will be a sad sad day for Americans all over the country. That will be all the proof i need to convince me that our county's government is no longer by the people for the people.

You must have missed the news on Alaska then. A supreme court ruling has been basically over-turned and now people can only have up to one ounce for personal posession instead of the four that used to be allowed.

If you need more proof, just holla. There is plenty of it to go around.

Oh, and often times, they don't reverse laws the people voted on.....they IGNORE them. :fsu:

i really feel bad for the people in San Deigo. where are they going to get meds the street? thats just wrong on all levels. they go to clubs becuz tthey dont have a grow or its not ready to harvest. its just really sad and hope that they win the fight.

peace

roorer

California Constitution Article II Section 10 (c):

The Legislature may amend or repeal referendum statutes. It may amend or repeal an initiative statute by another statute that becomes effective only when approved by the electors unless the initiative statute permits amendment or repeal without their
approval.

mars2112

always hopeful yet discontent
Veteran
i really believe the future of MMJ in CA will be in patient cooperative or collective grows, not more store-front dispensaries. until the feds reschedule MJ, we will always have a problem with store-fronts selling marijuana to patients.

I am a medical user and just grow for myself and smoke with a few friends
that really dont sound like the acts of criminals to me.

then if your friends are also medical users, start a collective with them, you could be the primary grower/caregiver and you could all provide medicine for each other. if the grow is at your house, have them come over and help with the maintenance, harvest etc. then everyone has a hand in the grow and and it's a true collective. share the work, share the expense, share the harvest, share the medicine. and then you don't have to worry about city council shutting you down and calling in the feds to raid everyone else. your collective will be protected by prop 215 and sb420.

stay safe and stay well!

Keefhead

your collective will be protected by prop 215 and sb420
But this won't keep the feds off our back. Though they haven't started much yet, I wouldn't be surprised if they did, just to "send a message" to all the other small time growers. We should all be concerned, and careful.

Rant mode ON....

NO, I don't trust the feds/DEA for anything. I believe they'll raid small personal grows just for the publicity and the threat. These DEA people are the illegitimate offspring of sick dogs, and I personally feel that they will do anything, in time, to justify their jobs. Pond scum....

Rant off...

Keep safe folks.

mars2112

Veteran
^^ but how would the feds know if a few patients got together and grew collectively?? unless you advertise, sell on the streets, etc.. how would they know? they need to know about you first, before raiding..

patient collectives are very clearly protected by sb420.. in fact the san diego DA was clear on this as well.. her office said they raided the store-fronts because selling MJ is not legal, only patient collectives are

Keefhead

Well.... a few anecdotes first....

I was the subject of an "investigation" because somebody with a car, identical to mine, was buying stuff at a local hydro store. I don't know what or how much, but obviously being part of an investigation bothered me. And they now have my address, name, phone, etc. I am not happy.....

My step-daughters fiancee is in jail right now. He's 28. His GRANDMOTHER, who had smoked pot with him for many years, ask him if he could get some ecstasy. She wanted to try it. He refused. For 6 months she nagged him, so he finally gave in and got her a dose. She was a narc - he never knew - and she turned him in. He got 9 months, where he is now. He trusted, and it got him a felony.

Trust is very expensive, and a "friend" or disgrunteled patient can turn you in. Ask DB (name omitted) if that ever happened to him. Several times, that's why he no longer grows for patients. They turned him in because he didn't supply them with enough "free" pot from the collective. That's right, he was supplying cancer victims for free, and they turned him in since he didn't give them "enough". (He was delivering an ounce a month to each of them.) Fortunately his paperwork was all in place, so the city let him go. Whether they reported him to the feds or not is anybody's guess, but the grow is now a matter of police records.

So collectives scare me, but that's just me.

I've always been concerned about store-fronts for their legal safety. Illegal activities aside for the moment, they provide a valuable resource for those who cannot, for whatever reason, grow for themselves. And as much as we are connected and have access to MMJ, not everybody does. I really feel for these folks, as I'm sure we all do.

AARP and other organizations have come out in favor of MMJ. But few of these people, even after getting their doctors OK, have any idea where to get it. Street dealers? No, they need store-fronts, or some other method, and "we" need to contact them somehow and tell them of what is available to them. The laws don't provide for them, and for that matter, handicapped folks at all.

My own brother, bed-ridden and dying of cancer, cannot get MMJ because there are no outlets nearby, and he's in Cali. I take him what he needs - but he's fortunate. He has a source. Me.

Just a favorite rant of mine, and I am in a rant mood today. Sorry all....

dankedout

The feds don't want medical marijauna going on period. WAMM is a pefect example, they are obviously one of the most legit collectives and follow all the laws to a tee but they were still raided.

I personally think dispensaries are a better answer to patients in need. Not everyone can grow their own marijuana and better yet not every patient wan't to be involved with the growing of marijuana due to fears of going to jail. Many patients simply want to live a normal life and pick up their medicine at a store just like any prescription medication.

I don't think we should be forced to break federal laws and help grow our own medicine if we wish not too. Patients don't need to help in the making of prescription drugs, I don't see why they should be forced too if it's marijuana.

mars,

thats a really good idea but i dont really have the space for anything bigger than what i got right now. plus lose lips sink ships and thats an issue.

peace

G

i know its been touched on before. Growing. It takes some work, and well it's not something that a person dealing with the fatigue of chemo(sp) is going to be able to upkeep, nor the person with arthritis able to do much either.
Me being in much better physical shape then a severly ill patients. I still feels the wrath of the labor after each days maintence in the garden.

And caregivers, this is the solution, but its not perfect.

big-ugly-oger

yeah, i wanna know that too^^

did you say that your step-daughters fiance's grandmother set him up to be done for supplying ecstacy?? do you live in a dodgy soap opera;)

Keefhead

^^Yep, his own grandmother. The worst part is that she planned it, keeping after him for 6 months, and all the time being loving and kind as she always had been. I don't know her motivation, but she's one sick bitch.

Man, I hate narcs, squealers, the lot. So this is what Cali is coming to. Watch out.

mars2112

Veteran
MarijuanaMesiah said:
i know its been touched on before. Growing. It takes some work, and well it's not something that a person dealing with the fatigue of chemo(sp) is going to be able to upkeep, nor the person with arthritis able to do much either.
Me being in much better physical shape then a severly ill patients. I still feels the wrath of the labor after each days maintence in the garden.

And caregivers, this is the solution, but its not perfect.

yes i agree mesiah.. daily crop maintenance takes a lot of physical work that many patients are simply not up to.. we need caregivers and we need dispensive collectives/co-ops.

ps keefhead, i'm truly sorry for what happened to your family.. but i'm don't think we can say "this is what cali is coming to" i mean, getting someone ecstacy has nothing to do with MMJ or dispensaries.. but it sure as hell sucks to get narced on by your own grandma dang..

Keefhead

Yeah, I just get so pissed off at the whole thing. They bitch about jails being overcrowded, and arrest sick people for a joint. The whole San Diego thing. WAMM in Santa Cruz. Maybe I'm wrong, but I see this as the beginning of a Bush-led attack on us all, medical and otherwise.

Mumble, mumble.

I guess I need a BIG bowl of something calming......

mars2112

Veteran
lol.. yeah how about the new "prison reform" arnie wants.. build more prisons and get them psych care.. yeah ok that will sure makes things better..

roorer

mars2112 said:
lol.. yeah how about the new "prison reform" arnie wants.. build more prisons and get them psych care.. yeah ok that will sure makes things better..

Great point. There was just a fantastic cover article in the LA City Beat about how Angelides and Arnold is Numero Uno both plan to solve prison over crowding:

Build more prisons and spend more money.

They go on to discuss how any politician that dares to propose "maybe we shouldn't lock so many people up" gets lambasted by Soft on Crime commercials funded by the Prison Guards Union come election time.

But about the future of 215, I agree that patient collectives are the way to go, but the main problem is that most patients are, shall we say, heavily medicated once they come upon free time, which doesn't exactly motivate them to jump up, build a room, and spend ten hours a week tending to a garden for 10 weeks before they see any medication. And that first ten weeks you spend money on meds AND the grow.

Also, the reason why I love dispensaries is because I love all the varieties. There are easily 100 strains ready for testing within 5 miles of me. I would have to grow a minimum of 100 plants to see that in my room.