What's new

What's more important to you ...please be honest!

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i agree with tom ,if you know the genitic make up you can pre determin the out come ,somewhat ,and helps you know a little more about how to grow it

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I say end product , by far! You guys are right with genetics...but with the amount of dishonesty in the seed business, there is hardly any way to know if the said genetic background is real. This brings me to my next point. There are many people cutting up newer/smaller/different breeders , but in my trials of many strains (which is always on going) I have to say the worst seed plants I have grown come from some of the biggest(often dutch) companies. Many of the best seeds come from the smaller and mid sized (often North American) seed companies. Needless to say there are always exceptions. I disagree with the idea that some rich seed company is really leagues ahead of what a few motivated Cannabis lovers could create amongst themselves. Some big seed companies are great, but many small ones are also great. The big companies rip the ¨new¨ strains from smaller growers half the time anyway! Sadly both often lie about genetics. That is why I say end product every time!! Test test test, thats the best part anyway! ha

S

sallyforthDeleted member 75382

End product. It is nice to know the genetics as this is the process to getting the best out of these to encourage a great end product.

I do a lot of research before purchasing seeds. I do like a lot of information on a strain and if I can't get it from the breeder I come on here and ask or research a strain.

Sometimes I get a pack of seeds and won't leave that strain alone until I get the best out of it. For example bought a pack of sensi NL early 90's, kept five pheno's until I found the right one for my environment and my ability to get it dialled in. Kept that one for nearly 20 years but as in life it died on me, still don't know why.

Sorry for the ramble ( high ).......

there goes edro

Veteran
Put me down for end product, but honesty, customer service, and info on genetics due play their part before I spend my hard earned money for the seeds.

Nspecta

Veteran
So what I really wanna know is what's more important to you ....(a) the breeder's background, (b) the genetic make up of the strain, or (c) the end product!

All three factors play off each other...without an honest, ethical, straight shooter of a Breeder...there's no telling what the "genetic make up" of a strain is if you have a shady lowlife hack making your beans. We've all seen it a thousand times...where "breeders" lie about their parent stock or some such indiscretion just to sell some beans based on the hype surrounding the name of whatever strain is being pimped. Many "breeders"/seed pimps do absolutely zero due diligence in checking &/or verifying that they are working with what they say they're working with...but hey, if you get lucky and the end product is money what does it matter, right. :bigeye:

To be more accurate...the equation is A+B=C...c'mon Tom, I thought you knew. :scripture:

ThePizzaMan

Veteran
Having a relationship with their customers...and other growers growing their gear and reviewing it is extremely important for me on what breeders i choose. I don't have access to clone only strains....so respected growers growing their gear is like 90% of it for me.

TpM

Easy7

Veteran
I would first say the genetic. End product is a lot of how it's grown. I like indica's, I know these best.

G

greenmatter

for me it is all about the end product.

FWIW i have grown some great weed that came from "new breeders" and been very disappointed with some of the things i got from the "old school" .......... nothing is ever as black and white as we would like it

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
:smoke out:honestly....it's the END PRODUCT....
where all hear to smoke weed and enjoy life as is...
not, to watch the flowers bloom...forever
if the plant NEVER finished WE would go crazy...
it's ALL about the End~Product....certainly