What's new

Whats life in California like?

T

THE PABLOS

ive already heard problems of too much meds, growers getting stuck with their mediocre medicine that wouldve flew off the shelves 5 years ago.

People have been flocking here for a long time. I really don't think..in the big picture...MMJ is drawing that many people to move here. I can't tell anyway.

Too much pot? Is there such a thing? I don't know...I love it...and really don't think of markets. Anyway...I know peeps who generate a decent income in the markets...even now. It's a competitive market...yes...and that's good. There is plenty of all different grades of herb...from import Mexi to best of the best. The markets are like politics...depends on your angle

The state of California is ultra beautiful...ultra diverse...great coast line...great surf...great skate spots...great mnts...great deserts..great forests...great climates...great wildlife...great cities...I mean...works for me on many levels. I've always smoked weed here...most freely...even before MMJ ever happened.

It's still big...Golden State. I wake up everyday and feel blessed to be where I am. "Coyotes in the canyon...got the wind in my hair"

T

toughmudderdave

In what way if you don't mind me asking?

I'm curious about this myself.
Growing up in the East Bay during the 60s, my friends and I used to go on endless hikes through orchards and farms. Those orchards and farms have been turned under and replaced with shopping malls and housing developments. I have fond memories of driving to Half Moon Bay, getting sandwiches at the local deli and then driving DIRECTLY to the beach. Nowadays, many of the beaches at Half Moon Bay today is lined with upscale homes and access to the beach is more difficult if not impossible.

As a teenager, I spent many months in Yosemite backpacking and rock climbing. Go to Yosemite Valley during the summer today and the roads are parking lots full of congestion, traffic, noisy rude people. There was a time that I could remember when Yosemite was a place to get away from it all. I recommended not but one week ago to a colleague that Tuolumne Meadows would be a place to see. He came back and said Tuolumne Meadows was jammed packed full of cars and people.

Just citing a couple of examples.

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
i dont live there ,wish i did ,petaluma is really nice ,anything north of that is so chill ,really good peeps there ,there is a small community in is south cali down by salinas where the strawbeerys aare grown that has a cool climate year around

supermanlives

Veteran
cali is great still. i try an stay away from tourist spots for the most part. its great if you got $$$$$$$$ and a nice pad. wouldnt wanna be homeless here tho

amannamedtruth

Veteran
For good or bad, Cali is in its own bubble.

Don't get me wrong, its beautiful, but what isn't? As long as you keep Shiva.

Santa Cruz and north is awesome!

Surprised Cravenmore hasn't chimed in here yet...

gtgio

Surprised Cravenmore hasn't chimed in here yet...

I'll do it for him. I imagine it'd go a little like this.

SAN FRANCISCO IS GREAT HOMIE

COLT_guys_(San_Francisco_Gay_Parade_2006).jpg

Al-Fatiha_Muslim_Gays_-_Gay_Parade_2008_in_San_Francisco.jpg

20090531.san_francisco.jpg

dont get no better brotha - the freedom to be your self and enjoy some great thing the earth has to offer that other place still frown upon - those crazy fools

dalilguy

I hear the chino area is a good kid zone.. Don't care much to be stuck in city. I frequent San Fran an La but haven't traveled outside of it.

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Growing up in the East Bay during the 60s, my friends and I used to go on endless hikes through orchards and farms. Those orchards and farms have been turned under and replaced with shopping malls and housing developments. I have fond memories of driving to Half Moon Bay, getting sandwiches at the local deli and then driving DIRECTLY to the beach. Nowadays, many of the beaches at Half Moon Bay today is lined with upscale homes and access to the beach is more difficult if not impossible.

As a teenager, I spent many months in Yosemite backpacking and rock climbing. Go to Yosemite Valley during the summer today and the roads are parking lots full of congestion, traffic, noisy rude people. There was a time that I could remember when Yosemite was a place to get away from it all. I recommended not but one week ago to a colleague that Tuolumne Meadows would be a place to see. He came back and said Tuolumne Meadows was jammed packed full of cars and people.

Just citing a couple of examples.

Well in fairness the worst possible time to go to any attraction like a National Park, if you don't like crowds, is during the summer when families are vacationing. Now more so then ever even with people vacationing more cheaply and locally.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Yosemite

Yosemite

I backpacked in Yosemite over 40 years ago. I remember we didnt pass but two other people for the three days we were out. We drank from springs, slept under the stars, and caught fish in the stream for lunch. It was free and easy.

I doubt its like that now

There are great places in California that the general public doesnt know about. Its those places I prefer:biggrin:

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I backpacked in Yosemite over 40 years ago. I remember we didnt pass but two other people for the three days we were out. We drank from springs, slept under the stars, and caught fish in the stream for lunch. It was free and easy.

I doubt its like that now

There are great places in California that the general public doesnt know about. Its those places I prefer:biggrin:

Well one amazing and often overlooked fact is that over 40 years ago the population of the world and of the US was almost half what it is now.

Amazing in that it took us from the dawn of man until the mid to late 1900's to build a sustained world population of a little over 3 billion but in about 4 to 5 decades we've more then doubled that.

Alas what you say about popular places with the general public is true. The Caribbean is a great example. If you've ever been there in a not overly touristy setting it's a beautiful place. They have a saying down there though that the water is green from all the Heineken bottles thrown overboard from the cruise ships.