What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's in your seed stash?

I wood

Thanks for the info, I was gifted some bagseed that I was told came out of weed that was grown in Eswatini for export and the bagseed had two pretty distinctive types in it, a longer flowering one and a fast one with tight, dense little buds. I like the fast one because it grows well outdoors and finishes at 45.5º even though it flowers late and I was trying to figure out what it might be related to, so I looked at a bunch of photos and descriptions of varieties from that region and found a little info about Kwazulu and some photos of Seeds of Africa Kwazulu-Natal that that look like the fast flowering one I like. No other landraces from that region I saw looked much like the fast one I like, but a lot of pictures of Durban Poison look similar. Your description matches up with my bagseed plant too. Do you remember if your Kwazulu looked anything like this:
View Image

Some similarities there, but this is from memory about five years ago. They were grown before i got comfortable with taking pictures, being a criminal for the first twentyfive years of growing was hard to overcome.
Color looks spot on but buds i grew were less leafy, more roundish and dense. I do remember they reminded me of pre98 bubba that i had grown the year before.
Branching below top was sparse with lowest branches never getting longer than about six inches.
It was not horrible weed but the hard crash was a deal breaker for me.
Yours look more appropriate in leafiness and density for something sativa/sativa leaning, nicely grown.

Effects are what drive my search, hope you get what you are looking for in these.

Nexus7

Anyone still got Reeferman SMCG or Love Potion seeds from back in the day?

Would love to see a repro of that ;)

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Anyone still got Reeferman SMCG or Love Potion seeds from back in the day?

Would love to see a repro of that ;)

You might want to check out his Burning Bush on Seedbay. I just got a pack as a freebie with an order of his Pink Kush. His description says it "smells and tastes almost exactly like Love potion #1". He also lists a Love Potion Auto.

Nexus7

You might want to check out his Burning Bush on Seedbay. I just got a pack as a freebie with an order of his Pink Kush. His description says it "smells and tastes almost exactly like Love potion #1". He also lists a Love Potion Auto.

Well my first and last purchase from RM was the hoa bac/vietnamese mindfuck. It was true to it's name insofar as being a mindfuck. 8-9 weeks for a supposedly pure Asian sativa certainly confused the hell outta me. Buds were nice and very potent but clearly indica dom. A couple reports too of males in this female only line so yeah reef really needs to be giving out free testers these days and rebuild some rep first before charging for seeds imo

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Just got some Verde Limon and Guerrero Gold straight from Oaxaca. Also Indian Landrace Exchange: Cambodian, Burma, Manipur, Lolab, Sheelavathi.

Wolverine97

Veteran
I'll play. I'm sure I will miss a few, not pulling them out of the fridge...

Old stock:
Dutch Passion Blueberry
DP Power Plant (one left)
A couple each of White Russian and White Widow (didn't like the WW)
Some Jamaican stuff collected on trips, misc stock mostly purp skunk

Cal Connection stuff: all older '11-'13
SFV OG
Larry OG
Headband
CVK
Hazy OG
Blackwater x3
Tahoe OG
gave away lots of my CC stuff the past few years but that's what's left

TGA:
Jacks Cleaner bx2
Dairy Queen
JTR
another one I'm forgetting

Ace:
Guawi
Thai Chi

Mean Gene:
waiting to receive SkyCuddler Kush

Tru Canna;
Terparella

Lucky Dog:
Guerilla Fume (in the mail)

Bodhi:
Lemon Lotus
DLA #4
Mountain Temple

Skunkman Sam:
NL2xChem x OPG

Gage Green:
Mendo Supremo

ODJ:
CJ s1

lots of collected bag seed from various nice stash, and a few I know I'm forgetting. But that's the bulk of it.

Last edited:

Nexus7

I guess I will find out. I am going to do a RM PK versus a Barney's PK next run. :rasta:

No doubt you'll find some fire in either of those PK lines. Good luck!

I just find Reef a little strange tbh. Seems like he's been trying to get back in the biz for a while now but drama always seems to follow him. Also some of his strain descriptions are perplexing. I think it was Apple Pie (pure Sativa) "like heroin without the barf" later changed to "like ecstasy". Not sure what that was all about.

hellfire

Hmm off memory...

Malawi x Hashplant
Purple Haze Auto
Guavadawg IX
Ancient OG x Tresis X Lemon G
Nl5 x Kandahar
Bodhi Black Triangle
Bodhi Mountain Temple
Immortal Kush
Stardawg IX
Sour Diesel - bagseeds
Dark Star
Early Girl
24kt x Chem4
Stardawg x SLH
Super Silver Haze 2004
MKUltra
SSH x Trainwreck

Arraku Gold
Arraku Valley
Cumbum Valley - Tamil Nadu
Ethiopian
Oldschool Hawaiian
Israeli
Jamaican
Jordan
Malana
Malawi Gold
Morrocan
Nigerian
Panama Red
Parvati Valley
Peruvian
PCK
PCK Purple Selection
Thai
Vietnam Black
Vintage Afghan
Wailing Valley Malana

PDX Dopesmoker

Some similarities there, but this is from memory about five years ago. They were grown before i got comfortable with taking pictures, being a criminal for the first twentyfive years of growing was hard to overcome.
Color looks spot on but buds i grew were less leafy, more roundish and dense. I do remember they reminded me of pre98 bubba that i had grown the year before.
Branching below top was sparse with lowest branches never getting longer than about six inches.
It was not horrible weed but the hard crash was a deal breaker for me.
Yours look more appropriate in leafiness and density for something sativa/sativa leaning, nicely grown.

Effects are what drive my search, hope you get what you are looking for in these.

Thanks again, I might not ever figure out exactly what that bagseed was, but it makes pretty flowers if you put it outside and water it nicely, the bud is strong enough and has a nice flavor so I'm glad I have the seeds.

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
No doubt you'll find some fire in either of those PK lines. Good luck!

Thank you. I have done a Barney's PK run and it is a personal favourite. Smell, effect, taste, and yield – it ticks all the boxes for a heavy hitting Indica. RM claims his Ultimate PK S1 is better. We shall see . . .

Sunshineinabag

I won't lie.....I've been craving a pack of every cultivar that real seed comp offer....like five seeds of every pack for my personal life projects

Wolverine97

Veteran
I tested germination it was around 22%, pretty fkin good if you ask me.
Now, I'm no breeder but, in the spirit of at least renewing the seed stock I started reading everyday as much as I could on breeding/preservation till my eyes burned.
Tried my hands at crossing some stuff, note taking, evaluating, making a plan, goal setting etc.
Due to space limitations I only kept 10 of the ones I felt like represented the line. Stress tested, tortured them till they almost died, only 1 hermied heavily, the rest is pretty solid.
Im trying to find a place I can start a thousand and work on it freely.
Hard work is my middle name.
But it will take time...
How much?
Yes.

Best of luck, please do something worthwhile with them!