What's new

What's in your 2015 garden?

C

Cep

bunch of Bodhi strains, also Flo x OG from Rare Dankness

if i could grow more i would probably go with Pie Face from Archive, really want to see how that one does outside.

Pick up some packs for next year. I've got a clone selected by someone else and its looking to be an exceptional plant. Plus if you check the archive thread everyone is raving about the pheno's they're finding.

Running this year at a new site with some pretty sweet custom soil:

Odyssey
Portland Dawg Walker
Dawg Waltz
OGKB

B

blue_tick

thanks azure. this is my first attempt at sativas so we will see how it goes

B

blue_tick

there starting to be on the biggerside but the blue leb you have is larger. I bet that will be some good smoke at the end of season and plenty of it.

I started my critical blue leb end of march and planted her outside mid April, she is starting to flower though, she is 48 inches (4 ft ) don't think she will get much bigger, certainly not 7 -8 ft like last years .

Azure

Not sure what these un wanted visitors are,some form of beetle I guess, does anyone else know what they are please ?

View Image View Image View Image View Image

Soldier Beetle, Family Cantharidae
soldierbug.jpg
How to recognize

Approximately 1/2 inch in length, the adult soldier beetle has a narrow, black abdomen and bright red head or thorax. The soldier beetle larva is various shades of orange with black markings.
Benefits

Soldier beetles prey upon aphids, caterpillars, grasshopper eggs and beetle larvae, among other insects around the garden.
How to attract

Since some soldier beetles feed on nectar, you may be able to attract them with flowering plants.
Fun fact

Soldier beetles are nicknamed leatherwings because of their soft, clothlike wing covers.

Azure

Looks like you want these beetles in your garden.

The common red soldier beetle will grow up to a centimetre. Nearly all their body is coloured red yellowish. Only the last bit of the elytra is black. The body is flat and elongated. The chitin armour is very soft, resulting in the German name of this species as Weichkäfer (meaning "soft beetle"). The black thread-like antennae are also relatively long. The equally long legs have an orange colour, which become notably darker only at the end.

This beetle is very common in Europe and Anatolia. Introduced to North America, it is well established in British Columbia and Quebec and recently recorded in Ontario.[3] One will find it very often in bushes or on grass and fields.

These beetles are active during the daylight hours, when they will hunt mostly for small insects on top of flowers.

Fairly often one will find many of them on Apiaceae or Asteraceae like thistles.

After copulation the females will lay her eggs. The larvae are soil-dwellers which hunt for snails and insects. After a year and several moults the larvae will pupate and then emerge as fully grown beetles.

Attachments

• red-soldier-beetle.JPG
    red-soldier-beetle.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 17

idiit

Veteran
soa Malawi gold keeper pheno clone (mandingo)
delicatessen rene madre
a-13
ww/cohiba Paraguay
soa mg /tw leaning pheno from white lotus
ace violeta
cohiba Paraguay
purplecloud's Bangladesh (loader's)/Laotian (rain)
Paraguay hash sativa
sss 'dominant png pheno' from nanan bouclou
no mercy's santa maria sativa leaning pheno

^ in and doin' just fine

tbc

mandala satori bat
marlberry mulanje gold/tw leaning pheno from white lotus
jojo aww
purple haze pheno ( dr. gt's golden haze)/mandala's satori bat indica

casualties so far:

cbg Ghana
Vermontman's purple and gold oaxacan ( two different strains)

Azure

I think the solid colored beetle is this:

Cardinal beetle

The name cardinal beetle typically refers to three different species of beetle. The Red-headed or 'Common' Cardinal beetle (Pyrochroa serraticornis) is a red to orange beetle with, as the name suggests, a red head. It is approximately 20mm long and found throughout Britain.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_beetle#cite_note-1 The rarer Black-headed Cardinal beetle (Pyrochroa coccinea), similarly found at sites across Britain, is larger and a deeper blood red. The Scarce Cardinal beetle (Schizotus pectinicornis) also has a black head but is smaller at around 9mm long. The Scarce Cardinal is only found at a few sites in Scotland and Wales.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardinal_beetle#cite_note-2Cardinal beetles prey on other insects while their bright red colour prevents them being the target of other predators which believe them to be toxic.

HatchBrew

Veteran
little this and a little that...

Grapefruited - own chucking

Hillbilly Geans:
Double Glock x Crazy Cookies
Blue Recluse = blue cheese x spyder
Backwoods Voodoo - hashberry x voodoo
Sour Tracks = sour D x spyder trax
8 legged freak- purple widow x crazy cookies
Agent berry- agent o x hashberry
sparkle fruit bush- grapefruit x sour gummy bear
wolf spyder- (white widow x big bud) x spyder

TheRealHash
Purp x PCK
Purps x Super Skunk

Soopy
Cherry Pie x Gogi OG
Hells angel OG x Lemon Thai

PakalolofromPNW:
Open pollination fun. Light depped, almost done, 2-4 weeks out.
Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero -> 3Elders
Goblin Queen seedling -> Goblin Septer
Goblin Queen clone -> Old Goblin
Neon Purps Goblin Quuen -> Purple Star
All dusted with eminem & mtv male pollen. 3 & 5 leafed sativas

Holistic Farms:
OG Cush - green cush/crack x hitman og
Sierra OG- white fire alien x hitman og

Hash Plant x Phantom Cookies- stayfoolish

Khmer Gold- Gypsy

Ashratu-FloScout x GG#4 Venom Hybrids

Black Cherry Soda