What's new

Whats in a name?

hfm

Is it worth naming anything anymore?If you put in the work on a line and upload to a public space,then years later some big company comes along and snags your name/s.Do you really have a leg to stand on or just say ah well?
I have been working on a thcv varietal since 2018,uploaded it to seedfinder.eu and thought we were solid.So its now in a marketable form and really consistant with two expressions a sour thats sage brush/lavendar and something then #2 a grape drink powder thats a little sweet and also gassy or acrid.They are very high in thcv, unnerving is the best description.The seeds are uniform enough to machine plant.
So I have been talking with a company to sell them this one and I look online and someone else is now also using the same name.I reached out this morning to see if they were cool but figure a "kick rocks" is headed my direction.
Anyways what does the community think?

oldmaninbc

I am not totally sure what your trying to accomplish. I believe you need to legally own the rights to your product, like Intellectual property rights.
In Canada there is a Plant Breeders' Rights(PBR).

hfm

The way to look at it would be more exposure. I suppose, if they offer a good product and you have seed then someone looks for the name and *pow! *bam! *bang!
Then again if its terrible you know there's that angle also.

oldmaninbc

A name that is recognized can mean something but a smart shopper looks around; value isn't always the best product name. I live in an area that experiences wildfires, we can be plagued with smoke for months at a time. I was looking at air cleaners, for example, the name Dyson(vacuum cleaners) sells for big bucks and has a good name and brand. They also sell high priced air cleaners but when I compared them against other names, I would be paying a high price because of their name but when you look at the specs their air cleaners are not as good as some other brands and do not warrant the high price. Your right!
Nice looking bows your producing.

Latest posts

Latest posts