What's new

What's in a name? Cannibus Vs. Marijuana

J

JackTheGrower

So we get mad and correct folks that use Marijuana as the term. If we all do it to every one everywhere we are actually fighting the fight!

Just make sure we connect racist motives to the request when we correct someone.

Like this...

Person says "Marijuana is the Devil"
Me : "You know calling it Marijuana is Racist?" Please call it by it's proper name Cannabis.

Does it work>?

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
I didn't say one single thing about racism..... I just referred to the propaganda of the last 70 years as a whole. If you're focused on racism propaganda that most likely ended before you were born.... you need to change your focus.

:blowbubbles:

p.s. I ran into some Juicy Fruit the other day.... Gift. Damn purple stuff has me more messed up than the skunk. Sorry for my crappy attitude of late.

Sorry it took so long to answer...I have been out working in the fields--:dance013:
EDIT** My bad...I only said "Racist" because that has been the focus of most of the discussions in other threads about this-- Ok...I don't think that it matters what word you use, ppl still know it is the same thing-- Changing up on Nomenclature, IMO...doesn't change that-- I mean...Cali has done all we have done to change the perception....the whole time using "Marijuana" as the word--

Last edited:
D

draco

lotta work to do!!

they had a headline on yesterdays local paper that said that opiate deaths are up 400%. they left out the fact that canna deaths remained unchanged.

words are important. the word "marijuana" is so loaded...

i vote for cannabis.

Tony Aroma

Let's Go - Two Smokes!
Veteran
I'm far from being educated on legislation questions, but couldn't this misnaming of Cannabis in legal documents/laws be used to our advantage?

I wouldn't count on it. According to the Controlled Substances Act:

The term ''marihuana'' means all parts of the plant Cannabis sativa L., whether growing or not; the seeds thereof; the resin extracted from any part of such plant; and every compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such plant, its seeds or resin. Such term does not include the mature stalks of such plant, fiber produced from such stalks, oil or cake made from the seeds of such plant, any other compound, manufacture, salt, derivative, mixture, or preparation of such mature stalks (except the resin extracted therefrom), fiber, oil, or cake, or the sterilized seed of such plant which is incapable of germination.

Of course they don't mention Cannabis indica.

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
lotta work to do!!

they had a headline on yesterdays local paper that said that opiate deaths are up 400%. they left out the fact that canna deaths remained unchanged.

They also used the word "Opiate", because the average person will equate that with Morphine, Opium, or Heroin....not Oxycontin--
Gotta keep Big Pharm "Pure"--