What's new

Whats been your experience with fem seeds?

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Good god, there are already 239,317 threads on this subject. Here's the short version of the oft-repeated answer: female seeds grow female plants. End of story.

hogwash... i have only grown '2' types of fem'd seeds both by rez..

basic kush...9 out of 10 were males, not hermies...full blown males... the 10th was a runt.

and

rez's abusive.. think we have grown 5 of the seeds... all full blown ladies... not a nanner tobe found..

so we are battling .500...

and growing a number of rez's regular beans... and most are very (very) good...we'll stick with reg. seeds...

NPK

hogwash... i have only grown '2' types of fem'd seeds both by rez..

basic kush...9 out of 10 were males, not hermies...full blown males... the 10th was a runt.

and

rez's abusive.. think we have grown 5 of the seeds... all full blown ladies... not a nanner tobe found..

OK, but some of Rez's stuff is well known to be hermie-prone--so again, a better topic would be "Whose Female Seeds are Unreliable?" His name goes on the list.

I have to believe that most female seeds grow female plants because I personally have not experienced anything different. Unfortunately, the relatively few clunkers out there make people distrust ALL female seeds.

Deer

Philosophically, I wish everyone used regular seeds and bred their own F2s... fem seeds don't help the gene pool... but I've never had a problem with fem seeds I've been gifted in the past.

beanpopper33

I've worked with approx 50 femmed seeds give or take and I have to say I lov'em. I did have a couple hermie, but I'd say 98% of the time IME it's a girl and there are no problems. I know some people have claimed lots of issues but in my experience they're been great.

D

Diamonddss

most were very good and no problems except mkultra by th seeds. got 4 males and the rest pure herms. worst seeds ever. GH all were fine. My only other herms ever were from reg seed

jm420

Veteran
good to know on th i was thinking on their gear.as for rez i never heard of any fems comming from him.if he's selling femmed seeds now .he would definately be a breeder i would'nt buy femmed seeds from ,due to the fact that D.S. spoke of.

beanpopper33

Yeah good call diamond I would have to add to my prev post that it depends on what company you are working with, and how exactly they were femmed. Just research a little before ordering.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
the only fem seed i have run so far is frisian dew outdoors and out of 2 packs last year i got all females. while now im testing some GHS exodus cheese fem. i think in a normal set up the fem seeds will make fem plants on the whole. i mean if you make sure not to use any hermis in your fem projects you will not get any hermies in the offspring. you just have to use the correct method to make fem seeds for them to be 99% reliable.

bigAl25

Veteran
Nirvana have provided me with excellent femmed seeds for my last two grows. Based on research Paradise and Female seeds are up for my next exercise. If you have one small area to grow, female seeds are the tits!!!! and nice one at that. AK-48, Bubblelicious, Blue mystic, snow white, and strawberry bubba kush were all good femmed seeds for me. Look over the forum and you will find the breeders that make good femmed seeds.

clearcutter

I've had good luck with White Widow from Female Seeds. No males or hermies. I've also had good luck with the female seeds i made using colloidal silver.

BlueGrassToker

Seeds that were from a female/female mating do NOT produce males. It just doesn't happen, contrary to popular wisdom.

If you find a male, no matter what, it is because of two things...
1) what you are seeing isn't male, but rather a display of the intersex trait.
2) the seeds you have were not from a female/female mating.

SO, finding 9 males out of 10 Rez seeds means that the grow is fucked up an allowing the intersex trait to surface, OR you did not get feminized seeds.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Or maybe explain to me how a male is produced when the Y chromosome does not exist?
Be real specific, I will read it over and over until I get it...(eyeroll)

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Rez does have the sssdh S1's which as far as I know are his only femmed seeds.

3-4 years ago rez released '2' fem'd seeds basic kush, and abusive kush... they were cheap 45/50 bucks... took a chance and hit .500.. and the abusive was/is (still have 2 mums) pretty good...

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Seeds that were from a female/female mating do NOT produce males. It just doesn't happen, contrary to popular wisdom.

SO, finding 9 males out of 10 Rez seeds means that the grow is fucked up an allowing the intersex trait to surface, OR you did not get feminized seeds.

Or maybe explain to me how a male is produced when the Y chromosome does not exist?

i am not so well versed on how fem'd seeds are made, have had ladies from reg. seeds herm at the end of a grow, but the basic kush 'fem'd seeds were full blown males, full fledged 'balls'..

why..i don't have a clue..

BlueGrassToker

Those full on balls are stamen. A plant can display stamen if it is a male..or a female that is expressing the intersex gene.

Before a plant reaches maturity and is placed into flower using the light period, it will most always display pre-flowers. Basically a female will start showing little pistols with white hairs, and the males will start showing balls. A plant that is genetically predetermined to be a female can show balls during the preflower as a result of stress of some sort.
Obvious things like heat issues, too many nutes, etc...can bring on a stress reaction. Things that aren't so obvious to us can also be seen as a stress to the plant. All it takes is a bit of stress to cause a female to show male (via the inersex gene that it holds).

Many times a young female that shows intersex will grow out of it and when put into full flower it will display only it's female pistols. If you cull anything that showed balls before they were ever flowered then you would never see this happen.
Granted it may not be the plant you want to continue with, but if it were for certain the progeny of a female/female mating (which is how ALL feminized seeds are made) then what you had was not a male.

S

speedemon

If this is true then it means seed companies are saying femmed seeds when they are just regular with a lot higher price and B/S to sell them. I have had full blown 100% males from femmed seeds in perfect environment where other femmed seeds have been fems. Do we actually know for sure what all these seed vendors feed us is true?? It could be all sales patter at the end of the day? I am sure some are honest and reliable but a lot of the arger more well known seedbanks who have already got their reputation just dont give a fook any more and pass any old shite off to the consumer.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Many times a young female that shows intersex will grow out of it and when put into full flower it will display only it's female pistols. If you cull anything that showed balls before they were ever flowered then you would never see this happen.
Granted it may not be the plant you want to continue with, but if it were for certain the progeny of a female/female mating (which is how ALL feminized seeds are made) then what you had was not a male.

we had the basic rite next to the abusive... both fem'd... the basic started to show balls immed... we left it growing for i think an add. 10days, and saw no sign of a lady ready to make an appearance... the abusive on the other hand was a girl rite from the start... we culled the basic so not to spread his (her??) pollen around the room...

G

gilgahash

I've had female seeds easy sativa show me male preflowers when I first put them outside but when they actually went into flowering a month or 2 later they showed no herm tendencies and produced very nice flowers

Latest posts

Latest posts