What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

whats are you growing outdoors this coming season

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
black domina x blueberry sounds funky , you ran this before ? first run

First run. I made the cross this summer. Was trying to do a preservation project on the Black Domina. So I hit the sativa blueberry mother with the selected Domina males while I was at it.

The project for the dominas failed. Not one seed. I don't know what happened. It was an open pollination. Pollen cant be sterile if it worked with the BB. Puzzled.

So I have the Blue Black cross to work.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
For my full-term big plant garden:
Im tempted to devote most of my space to my own Ancient OG f2's. For combining size and quality the aog cant be beat.

I also have a ton of other stuff it's really hard to choose just a few. The top of my list right now is bodhi, south fork, ganja rebel... and that's just the breeders, i cant even begin to narrow down strains. At least there's still time.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Bodhis dragons fruit, sunshine 4, probably no sky lotus unless I get K in check, hindu hashplant, landos stash

Motherlode 's blr x aog and aog f2's

Good call on the aog's

Why sunshine4 instead of SunshineDaydream or Blue Tara? Those are the original bubbashine crosses and the ones i would go for personaly

B

BAKED_BEANZ

For my full-term big plant garden:
Im tempted to devote most of my space to my own Ancient OG f2's. For combining size and quality the aog cant be beat..

i,m feeling that , i,m threw screwing round also , i love seeing all different strains and its fascinating , end day consistency and reliability is just as rewarding if not more .

next season for me , will be 2 strains .

i,d like too see your blr x AOG , this mine AOG male got right in there , it only just started flowering and reeks like blr ....the AOG f2 are week or 2 behind they just throwing hairs , going to be interesting .

think i would have been happier with whole gh full these , like i was going to do ..... live and learn i guess
picture.php

Last edited:

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Dinafem seeds Blue Widow
Barney's Farm Pineapple Chunk
Female seeds Purple Maroc
Dutch Passion Durban Poison
Royal Queen seeds Special Queen #1

I'm going to order Bangi Haze and an autoflower strain that comes in regular seed. That will finish my 2017 list.

That's a good list of genetics for a guerrilla.

The Special Queen #1 is a great bargain - solid strain, although susceptible to blight so you've gotta get out there and spray.

My list is undecided as of yet, but will likely include Spontanica, KC36, and Mango from KC Brains. SQ #1 as well.

'Boogieman'

That's a good list of genetics for a guerrilla.

The Special Queen #1 is a great bargain - solid strain, although susceptible to blight so you've gotta get out there and spray.

My list is undecided as of yet, but will likely include Spontanica, KC36, and Mango from KC Brains. SQ #1 as well.

Thanks DuskrayTroubador, the only strain on my list I have grown is Blue Widow, it's my favorite outdoor strain been growing it since 2012. BW is not as good indoor but outdoor it's fire IMO.

I haven't had to deal with blight yet but I have read about it. I hope my SQ#1 doesn't get it. What do you spray to prevent blight? I spray cold pressed neem oil will that prevent it?

marmarb

How's the kc brains mango in relation to the papaya offered from nirvana? I have nirvana nl and it was awesome papaya lost both mothers though so will be pack popping again soon

DuskrayTroubador

Veteran
Thanks DuskrayTroubador, the only strain on my list I have grown is Blue Widow, it's my favorite outdoor strain been growing it since 2012. BW is not as good indoor but outdoor it's fire IMO.

I haven't had to deal with blight yet but I have read about it. I hope my SQ#1 doesn't get it. What do you spray to prevent blight? I spray cold pressed neem oil will that prevent it?

Neem oil will help prevent it just by preventing spores from taking hold, but there are better things out there for blight. Spend some time reading around the outdoor forum here and you'll find people spraying activonate, horestail, and greencure among other things. I've never used activonate (it's some "organic" Monstanto bullshit if you ask me, but apparently it works wonders), but greencure works well as a cautionary preventative.

The approach I'm taking this year is to have a shit load of insect frass in my soil mix. The insect shit is not only very good food, it also alerts the plant of the presence of lots of bugs, and so gets its SAR (immune system) going. But, if I see any blight, I'm going to spray with tea tree oil. I don't know if it will work (I'll keep greencure and horestail on hand to alternate if it doesn't), but I've found that tea tree oil kicks ass on all kinds of other fungi, so I think it's worth a shot.

How's the kc brains mango in relation to the papaya offered from nirvana? I have nirvana nl and it was awesome papaya lost both mothers though so will be pack popping again soon

I've never grown the Papaya so I can't tell you. I'm not familiar with Mango either, but IIRC its genetics include some other KC strains so I doubt it's very close.

green-genes77

Veteran
Still testing a lot of F1s that were made last year indoor and out, playing with incrementally reduced light cycles to figure out what our best bets are for reasonably fast, dank outdoor this season.

So far it looks like the staples are going to be:

Blueberry Headband X Miss Universe
Maroc x (Wavy Gravy X Mango Kush)
Serious 6 X Miss Universe
Durga Mata X Zamaldelica

From other sources:

Bangi Haze X NepJam
NepJam

And possibly a few others.

Good luck all. It's go time.

Pineapple chunk, Frisian dew, blue cheese, black Russian, tangerine dream, chronic haze, money maker. Looking forward to seeing how they turn out.

Still searching for some decent guerilla spots with a lot of light but not a lot of "I found you" potential from above. Got some special places in mind I've been staking out. Shouldn't be too much to get some security through obscurity and keep the pests out of the herb. Mostly worried about nosey noses sniffing it out more so than prying eyes

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Mango's some heavy stuff...
Compared to Papya though...
It's been too long on both... Hahaha
Try em out...

lars1273

Im not sure what to grow this year. Last year I did 8 flavors, seed starts of Sky Lotus (Bodhi), Dream Beaver (Bodhi), Apacolypto (swamp boy seeds), Brian Berry Cough (TGA), Agent Orange (TGA), a clone of girl scout cookies from a friend, a clone of Purple Urkle that I had ran indoor, and a clone of grand daddy purple that I picked up in Mendo off craigslist.

I tested each strain for THC % and the Sky, GSC, GDP, and BBC were the best testing.

I kept cuttings of the Sky lotus, and can get the GSC cuts again this season, but not sure what else to do for my full term outdoor. I'm in Lake County CA so I have great conditions to run some monsters.

I have been reading other grow journals, and would love to get my hands on some Ancient OG seeds/cuttings because I see people having success with that. I read Mendo420's thread last season, and I think he sells some seeds online that I'm interested in trying.

I want to run gear that does well in my part of CA. I'm guessing there has to be strains that thrive in the hot and dry climate I live in. I draw comparisons to heirloom tomatoes like 'Arkansas Traveler' that is a strain that originated in Arkansas and loves a hot humid climate.

Open to any suggestions, I know it's time for me to start accumulating seeds soon. I popped mine 2/29 last year. Thinking about doing the same thing again this season.

Anyone have any luck w auto flowers? Was thinking that I could plant some mid may to harvest in mid august. I figure i can throw a few of those out w my veggies since they don't get that big and won't make me stick out if they push me over the county limit.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I kept cuttings of the Sky lotus, and can get the GSC cuts again this season, but not sure what else to do for my full term outdoor. I'm in Lake County CA so I have great conditions to run some monsters.
almost all of bodhi's Snow Lotus crosses have monster potential with high THC too. good luck finding Ancient OG. Look for Goji OG which is similar, gets very big, also Sky Lotus as you know.

Mendo420's genetics are legit too. and there's other icmag outdoor guys like Ganja Rebel or South Fork Seeds... they are all very good.

lars1273

almost all of bodhi's Snow Lotus crosses have monster potential with high THC too. good luck finding Ancient OG. Look for Goji OG which is similar, gets very big, also Sky Lotus as you know.

Mendo420's genetics are legit too. and there's other icmag outdoor guys like Ganja Rebel or South Fork Seeds... they are all very good.

Thanks for the info. I'll do some research on ganja rebel and south fork seeds. My sky lotus came in at 26% so I was very happy with it. I read your 2015 grow journal and saw that you liked bodhi gear and was able to find some seeds from a seedbank in Oregon. I popped those on 3/25 and it they were amongst the biggest girls in the garden. Have you ran Dream Beaver before? I wasn't as impressed with that.

How did your AOG breeding project go? I was hoping to make it to the emerald cup but I was out of town that weekend. Did you give out all your seeds?

grandsrin

Hi for me at 49 north

Mextiza f2 Cannabiogen
Little Léo (queen mother * Angola) from original delicatessen
Bangi haze ace seeds
Peyote purple CBG
Ciskei tropical seeds
Perhaps biker kush karma genetic

They are all Perfect where i live expect little Léo it s the first Time i trie it.

THC123

Veteran
Durban Poison from Dutch Passion(selected clone)
Amnesia '96 clone
Happy Brother clone
Uk cheese exodus cut
Passion number 1
Purple nr 1
Frisian dew
Guerillia Gold
Traincrash(trainwreck x Manitoba medicine)
Early Amnesia(Amnesia'96 x Manitoba Medicine)

kasvi

I will grow strains from Hybrids from hell.
-Wild super07
-Wild white
-Leb27 v2
-Royal dane

and Early wonder skunk from unknown breeder.

I will grow these in trees.

I think I will germinate only 5 seed of each except EWS. I make more seeds with it so I need to use every seed I have. I have 11 of them.

Golli

I will grow strains from Hybrids from hell.
-Wild super07
-Wild white
-Leb27 v2
-Royal dane

and Early wonder skunk from unknown breeder.

I will grow these in trees.

I think I will germinate only 5 seed of each except EWS. I make more seeds with it so I need to use every seed I have. I have 11 of them.

What latitude are you at? EWS seeds sounds nice. Just remember they was pretty popular for northern latitude for awhile ago....

Top_shelf_farms

I've only got a few figured out so far.... Sky lotus, golden lemons and cherry chem....got a little over a month of bean collecting then its on! Can't wait!

Latest posts

Latest posts