What's new

whats a better light?

microgram

i dunno, you just can't. lol

No, seriously the internal components of the ballast are designed to send the correct voltage and current for the rated lamp.

Mixing lamps and ballasts will result in premature failure and can be dangerous

To elaborate on what entinarcadiaego said: You can't, it just will not work. The power draw is not present for a 250. Unless you had a special ballast that will put out 150, and 250 (or a range between) It'll kill your bulb and your ballast. Something will short. Same thing applies to wire, the gauges work like shotgun gauges: The smaller the number the bigger the output. If you ever plan a huge garden, you'll need to install bigger breakers, and split up the circuit. Or else you'll end up popping too many breakers.

How Circuit Breakers Work

UG!

Flying Goat

Never EVER try to use ballast & bulbs of different wattage. You can blow up a bulb (think of picking all those glass shards outta yer face) or burn your house down.

Not a good idea.

ACBract

Never EVER try to use ballast & bulbs of different wattage. You can blow up a bulb (think of picking all those glass shards outta yer face) or burn your house down.

Not a good idea.

I had an acquaintance that tried to use the wrong bulb, and came home to find fire trucks spraying his house - ended up being a total loss, garden and house. The fire-fighters called the cops and told them what started the fire and my friend spent a year in jail.

BE CAREFUL!!!!

Latest posts

Latest posts