What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What's 0.1ec of epsom salt in mg/l

Nish

that is essential
especially because of the ph value. when you switch to flowering, the metabolism of your plants changes.
you will see this clearly on canna coco, because the ph value in the medium will go down. because your plant roots excrete acid.
if you would not counteract this, your ph would slide to a value below 5, where they can no longer feed themselves.
the aim is to maintain a ph range of 5.4-6.0. for example. if the drain value reaches 5.6, my nutrient solution has pH 6.0 the next time. to counteract acidification at an early stage. after watering, the ph in the drain is then 5.7-5.8. it then falls back to 5.6 until the next pour.

I pay much less attention to the ec value, depending on the phase and the additional products used in the canna scheme, it can be around 4-5, so I don't panic.
Since I use pk13 / 14 exactly according to the scheme, this is my time when I press my medium down to an ec value of 1.8-2.0 8-10 days later
the last week before the harvest there is only ph-adjusted water, i don't need to rinse.

Think I'll go back to rockwool, when life was simple 😂

Growenhaft

Hehe.
maybe i shouldn't answer anymore, otherwise you'll be back at the beginning

it is worth getting involved in coco properly. it is the medium that delivers the best results. weight and taste.
provided you want the actual cannabis taste, the pure terpenes. which does not make its mark through strong organic soil life from the earth.

the inherent taste of a product is easier to carry with nutrient-poor medium. but that is a matter of taste.
many love the earthy taste notes. I prefer the flowery and sweet ones and the lemon and sour ones.
they are easier to carry at coco. when you get the hang of it.

the most important points are the smallest possible pots and many wet and dry periods.
that means a lot of oxygen for the roots. because coco immediately draws oxygen as soon as it dries up.
and you can water twice a day in the flower because it dries up twice a day. that means you always have your medium under control.
can react immediately if ph and ec would run out of bounds. or if there is a shortage or over-fertilization.
you can really react quickly to the current wishes of your plants.

With the experience of several grows on coco, you will start to act at some point and no longer need to react.
the better you succeed, quantity and quality cross the finish line hand in hand.

canna's scheme is very good. to be able to achieve very good results right from the start. small pots.
Patience at the beginning with the pouring, less is more at first.
because coco stores so much water, the roots would not spread well if watered too often.
the thirst increases with the growth of the roots. and when you are thirsty things always go best, with enormous growth

it's good to be able to have everything under control. and it's really easy to grow once the medium is understood.
this passage will be hard for you to learn. but if you implement your new information in the next grow, you will be thrilled.
I started outdoors. then indoor with earth. indoor with rock wool cubes and automatic irrigation. then coco but at that time still with many flaws. then nft.

I got to know someone whose weed tasted so much better than mine. he explained to me how to grow coco. small pots. many wet and dry periods. plenty of feed at the right time.

Dig in

Nish

Don't worry I'm constantly thinking about switching mediums its not your fault 😂

What I like about rockwool is it doesn't take anything out of the nutrient solution and is completely sterile, downsides are the need to soak in ph'd water (reason I switched to coco)

The only benefit to me of growing in coco is that I don't need to wash it or ph it before use, downsides are potential for defiencies and pests.

Hadn't thought about taste much though, will have to try a side by side with coco and rockwool see if I can taste the difference.

Nish

Turns out I have some white bugs in roots in one of vegging plants, found them in the run off. Unsure if the other plants are affected but only saw bugs in that one plants runoff. Weirdly this plant has white roots at the bottom of pot and the rest have kind of died off.

I haven't had any pests ever in over 10 yrs of growing so this has defo made my mind up on switching medium.

any ideas what they likely to be, root aphids I'm guessing 😭

Nish

Oh just thought I used so mycorizial? Stuff on some of plants could they be related?

The bugs are extremely tiny, jumping around the water surface..

f-e

Mentor
Veteran
Springtails are commonly found in runoff and on the surface of the medium when you add water. CoCo growers see them the most as they are often in the sack you buy. They are said to just eat rotten material but if pushed they will eat root, especially really wet one's. Drying the media out regularly is usually good for control. Most root drenches will kill them, they are not very hardy

Nish

I think they might actually be springtails, apparently mycorizial fungi attracts them and they're the good guys. Feel bad for drowning them now.

need to find some more pics to be 100% certain but they don't look like root aphids or fungus gnat larvae.

phew

Nish

Great, super tiny white guys jumping on the water surface like little fleas, sound about right?

cheers

Mattbho

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210620_135540.png Views:	1 Size:	160.0 KB ID:	17882886
the antennie give them away. Also the flea like jumping behavior when startled . They come and go.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts