What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What yields are you getting with the Gavita & E-Papillon?

mitygrows

So I just finished my first run with 4 gavita 1000 only 8 foot ceilings no burnt tips but my yeald is down 1 per light wtf I got better with reg.lights this is tripping me out bad I'm not working this is my only income right now do you think I should keep them and try again or go back to what I no best

Mad Lab

So I just finished my first run with 4 gavita 1000 only 8 foot ceilings no burnt tips but my yeald is down 1 per light wtf I got better with reg.lights this is tripping me out bad I'm not working this is my only income right now do you think I should keep them and try again or go back to what I no best

How much taco'ing did you have on the top of your canopy?

Setting gavitas aside, because they arnt the problem, whats your set up like? medium, irrigation, ventilation, nutrients, co2 ppms, fert ppms, etc?

How many plants, what size before flower, did you weave through trellis or get alot of fat colas coming straight up?

mitygrows

I was running soil beds all roots organic soil adavanced nutrients. C02 at 1400.fed once a week this shit is fire I just don't no what it is my father in law just did 2 1000 hps got a little over 3 pounds I no it puts out I'm just tripping out should I give it one more try befor I get rid of the lights.shit iv never gotten this low.

mitygrows

32 plants in a 4×8 geo pot veg for 1 week thay.about 3 foot when they came down.iv done this time and time again it's nothing new.but the lights

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
mitygrows, how was the tempature at canopy level? only other thing i could think is perhaps some tiny organisms fuckin wit weeds like broad mites or russets, or plants becoming duds. or maybe the particular strain your running likes lower light levels, i know cookies has been know to perform better with lights further away, nothing to do with tempature.

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
also what level did you have them turned to, 1125(or whatever the high up one was) or 1000?

Mad Lab

Some trays here experienced heat stress, nothing more than a taco late flower but still, not ideal. But here with half the canopy was too tall, still an average of 3.1 units a light in a 5x5 area.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

mitygrows

Never ran over 1000 and yes its my own cross.white skunk crossed to cookies if puts out when it wants to.never had a problem

DrFever

Veteran
Mity sorry but i have to say you fucked up badly to get under .5 of a gram ??? Some where down the line ,,,,....
Can guarantee to you it wasn't the light,,,, maybe Experience ??? strain , maybe try min 2 week veg ?? and to grow so many plant in such a small place is not going to get you more yields here 2 week vegged plants was yours like this ??? are probably 2 times smaller when you flipped

Attachments

• DSCF2494.jpg
    DSCF2494.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF2391.jpg
    DSCF2391.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 20
  • img0947gw.jpg
    img0947gw.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 16

Dog Star

Veteran
Use Gavita 1000 DE for first time,

cant say i am unhappy as i sees plants grow very nice under,have distance of 55-60 cm to canopy and i dont burn plants,1150 W i use now thru a day,only ignite at 1000 W and after
10 minutes i switch to 1150 W.

Using Mammoth Elite 150Q and temperatures are really nice inside,22-27 C,everything perfect and in balance,love this first touch with Gavitas,i think they are mighty good
agro light.

Kind regards

DS

catalyte

Veteran
good info...

just like everyone else, i'm really interested in these Gavitas! :yes:

never used em yet, so it's good to see reports of high yields.

Dog Star

Veteran
Last run 1300 g from one Gavita 1000 DE,

i addmit i was run her on maximum of 1150W after first initial 10 minutes on 1000 W when she starts to work....

Very good light fixture,plants growing as crazy... buyed one more unit... i am beliver now for sure.

tact1

Question:

If you are in an older homes basement and have lower ceiling, could you maybe get by with the gavita 6/750 e-series? I have 2k magnum air cooled, but going sealed, the 2ks glass was within 4"-6" of my plants with no heat/burn/bleach issues for the most part. I was thinking of running 3x6/750s run @ 750, it would be slightly more light @ 2.25k vs 2k but I am more interested in the versatility of having the light more evenly spread over a 6'x7' space. I have a 12k btu mr slim mini-split going on the wall next week. After that I will rehang my lights, thats why I am dwelling on this, it would be the best to throw the gavitas on and not switch out again later as its all broken down atm for the mini split install.

Also was considering having an electrician throw in 240v outlets in the room and say im moving my dryer in that room. Though it looks like the e-series eliminated the need for a 240v, they are way more expensive, and who couldnt use more outlets.