What's new

What was your best YIELD PER SQUARE FOOT

Was thinking and, for me and i think many other growers, especially micro-growers, its not neccissarilly how many grams per watt you can pull but how many grams per square foot of space you can pull. Lets face it when your trying to be a micro grower yield, alot of times, is top priority. So was wondering What kind of weight everyone else is pulling off per square foot of space?

I am currently not growing do to job being too time consuming at the moment but when i was i grew under a 250 watt hps, in a 3x3f box, kind of on the hot size (highs in mid 90s).

-Scrog method (1 plant in 7 galons dirt fox farm soil and nutes)got around 2.5oz, giving me .83oz(2.5/3=.833..) per square foot or 23.33.. grams per square foot strain = kc brains nl

-SOG method (4 plants in 1galons fox farm soil and nutes) method got me 2.8oz, giving me .93oz (2.8/3=.933..) per square foot or 26.13 grams per square foot strain=local herm plant x mandala hashberry

As much info. as possible would be cool, pics if you got them. Just didnt see a thread like this and would be very interested. I did see the contest etc. and i guess wouldnt be bad to link that to here but want to know results and isnt limited to 1 square foot just wondering whos getting most of their space and how.

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
Good idea PT. I think it would also be beneficial to list the entire volume of the space it was grown in because not every Micro grower has 4ft of vertical height.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Was thinking and, for me and i think many other growers, especially micro-growers, its not neccissarilly how many grams per watt you can pull but how many grams per square foot of space you can pull. Lets face it when your trying to be a micro grower yield, alot of times, is top priority. So was wondering What kind of weight everyone else is pulling off per square foot of space?

I am currently not growing do to job being too time consuming at the moment but when i was i grew under a 250 watt hps, in a 3x3f box, kind of on the hot size (highs in mid 90s).

-Scrog method (1 plant in 7 galons dirt fox farm soil and nutes)got around 2.5oz, giving me .83oz(2.5/3=.833..) per square foot or 23.33.. grams per square foot

-SOG method (4 plants in 1galons fox farm soil and nutes) method got me 2.8oz, giving me .93oz (2.8/3=.933..) per square foot or 26.13 grams per square foot

As much info. as possible would be cool, pics if you got them. Just didnt see a thread like this and would be very interested. I did see the contest etc. and i guess wouldnt be bad to link that to here but want to know results and isnt limited to 1 square foot just wondering whos getting most of their space and how.

You might want to check your math.

If your cab is 3'x3' then you have 9 sq feet in your cab, not 3.

With SCROG you got 2.5 oz, that's 2.5 x 28g = 70 grams

70 grams / 9 square feet = 7.78 grams per square foot

With SOG you got 2.8 oz, that's 2.8 x 28g = 78.4 grams

78.4 grams / 9 square feet = 8.71 grams per square foot

My test cab is 1 square foot and I got 28 grams from my first run. So I guess my best yield would be 28 grams per square foot

Last edited:
Good idea PT. I think it would also be beneficial to list the entire volume of the space it was grown in because not every Micro grower has 4ft of vertical height.

mine is 3f tall, 3fwide and 3f deep

You might want to check your math. If your cab is 3'x3' then you have 9 sq feet in your cab, not 3. With SCROG you got 2.5 oz, that's 2.5 x 28g = 70grams 70 grams / 9 square feet = 7.78 grams per square foot With SOG you got 2.8 oz, thats 2.8 x 28g = 78.4 78.4 grams / 9 square feet = 8.71 grams per square foot My test cab is 1 square foot and I got 28grams from my first run. So I guess my best yield would be 28grams per square foot

What he said, no thanks blynx my math was off which is y i put how i converted it on their (cuz i wasnt exactly sure if my math was right) thanks for the reply and ill change my post when i get a second

G

guest 77721

My last grow with a 150 HPS in 2 sqft cabinet was 107 grams total for 53.5 g/sqft and 0.71 g/w doing a 2 plant LST.

One plant was a big yielder at 64g/sqft and 0.85 g/w with the other one at 43 g/sqft at 0.57g/w.

I think the grams/sqft is a better measurement for smaller grows as it reflects the use of space better.

From my observations, 2oz or 56 g/sqft is a good harvest.

I don't think the light intensity vs yield is a linear function either. Everyone seems to use 50 w/sqft as a flowering intensity minimum value and bumping up to 100 w/sqft doesn't mean you're gonna get twice the yeild. Maybe if you have an open space and with twice the light intensity it works cause you can move the plants around to balance plant size but in a constrained space I think 75 w/sqft is optimum.

***edit*** This one was a LST not a SCROG

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't think the light intensity vs yield is a linear function either. Everyone seems to use 50 w/sqft as a flowering intensity minimum value and bumping up to 100 w/sqft doesn't mean you're gonna get twice the yeild. Maybe if you have an open space and with twice the light intensity it works cause you can move the plants around to balance plant size but in a constrained space I think 75 w/sqft is optimum.

I would have to agree that CFLs wattage vs yield is not linear.

IMO, 75w/sqft is the lower end of 'optimum'.

I think at that wattage you also should be minimizing the amount of 'unused' space; ie space that lets light shine to the floor of the cab (wasteful imo).

G

guest 77721

I agree that the wasted space is a killer. That's where the LST, SCROG or SOG methods work to your advantage to fill the entire growspace.

One other factor that get's overlooked is the size of the pot when growing in soil too. I've seen 2 oz per gallon as a number and have experienced it myself. Try to get pots that fill the entire space.

I think this is the key to the Dr Bud SOG method.

dbfr3sh

without pics this thread means nothing. just another "my cock is bigger than yours" thread.

how about 5 plants along a 4ft 4 bulb t5 system and a couple t8s and getting half p.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
without pics this thread means nothing. just another "my cock is bigger than yours" thread.

how about 5 plants along a 4ft 4 bulb t5 system and a couple t8s and getting half p.

Let's ignore the fact that you are trying to be a smartass. You couldn't even do it properly, you didn't include the area of you 'cab' in square feet.

In case you weren't smart enough to figure out what the links in my sig point to. The first link is to a completed grow log with lots of pics showing how I got 28 grams per sq ft. The second link is to the 1sq ft challenge, currently on-going, where there are lots of pics and when done, will show the grams per sq ft.

Additionally redgreenry has link in his sig to a log of his 2sq ft grow and it has plenty of pics to support what he posted of 56 grams per sq ft.

If your mama didn't tell you, I will. 'If you got nothing nice to say, keep it to yourself', ie we aren't interested in hearing your crap in this thread.

Weezy.Fo.Sheezy

My last grow with a 150 HPS in 2 sqft cabinet was 107 grams total for 53.5 g/sqft and 0.71 g/w doing a 2 plant LST.

One plant was a big yielder at 64g/sqft and 0.85 g/w with the other one at 43 g/sqft at 0.57g/w.

I think the grams/sqft is a better measurement for smaller grows as it reflects the use of space better.

From my observations, 2oz or 56 g/sqft is a good harvest.

***edit*** This one was a LST not a SCROG

Would you think that 130 w/sqft is overkill?

Propoline

Hi gang....how is it going?

Nice numbers redgreenry, similar to mine. Let me add verticall growing for best use of your space to your list.

For now I only have one indoor crop under my belt. I had to stop my second try due some troubles and haven't grow for almost a year. But with some luck Ill be back in next few months with new cab:woohoo:

Here are the results of my one&only attempt for now:

Cab size - 50 x 50 x 85cm (1,64 x 1,64 x 2,8ft = 2,7sqft)

Light - 150HPS vertical = 55 W/sqft

Yield - 123g ( 4,3oz) = 0.82g/W

Genes - 1 White Satin & 1 Kalichakra from Mike
---------------------------------------------------------

4,3oz / 2,7sqft = 1,6oz per sqft

Some shots

12114n21.JPG

12114q1.JPG

12114c21.JPG

12114z1.JPG

12114kch707.JPG

Finall product.... the vertical ones are Kalichakra, horizontal&jars is White Satin

12114kch705.JPG

See ya around and :smoweed:

:wave: Propoline

E

eclurker

Yo propoline, that is a very clean looking operation you have there. Props! Just to clarify, you had only two plants, that you (from the looks of it), lst'd and possibly topped? What was your medium and nutes like. If possible I, and Im sure others, would love to see a journal. Fantastic work for a first grow. Hope to see more work from you!

Propoline

hey lurker....

no problem, lint to my thread is in my sig....you can see all the details there, and fell free to ask or add anything.

You were right, i had two plants LSTed around the bulb in 3 gal pots. Medium was soil, and nutes biobizz grow&blom.

Ky_Uss

one sqft, 2 Plants SCROG, 72w = 42grams

Which is still shitty, IMHO, 1g per watt should be the goal. Found a pic too, disregard plant #3, it was not counted towards the 42g mentioned, it was from another compartment and only added in there to give it a couple days more after i harvested the other compartment where i tried a different pot size:

picture.php

Yeah i know, i could´ve crammed more plants in there and techically, it´s more then a sqft, but these two plants would´ve fit into a 1sqft compartment just fine.

And it was my first indoor grow, so cut me some slack...:biggrin: