What's new

What variety have you lost that you would like to have?

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Vietnam Tourist Hemp / Green Hornet, former Swiss breeder.

The most psychedelic and trippy weed I've ever smoked, I could kick myself for not making a repro. Young and dumb I was...

Never had anything like this again. I have Deep River Haze / Hyp3rids (hybrid, Vietnam Black and Neville's Haze) in my seed stash, hopefully it's at least somewhat similar.
I've heard good things about that Vietnam.
It sure was a great variety, it's a shame it's no longer available...

I hope you are lucky and find something similar. :tiphat:

zif

Veteran
Red-haired light green Mexican with a beautiful pine tree smell and taste real red hair not "red hair" where it's orange hairs 😂

Another is A dark green and purple mexico pine weed a way different but just as beautiful taste as the red hair the burned smell was pure pine on both each one different and definitely pine types both had seeds especially the purple one was fully seeded and still very strong this was 20 years ago time flies wow man
Where I grew up, the Mexican imports could be amazing.

Back when brown brick was the norm, there was a short time when compressed green buds were everywhere, right before mostly-seedless kind bud took over the market.

A couple of those pressed, green imports were incredible, and just oozed Xmas-tree terps and a tacky resin to match.

My first really successful grow used seed from one of those bags. Man, I even took clones - but no one I knew was in a place to keep them going.

I truly miss those lanky, piney girls!

Ca++

I let it go for a reason, but still think back to a Black Domina and a JTR I had. Both were fringe specimens. The BD finishing far to short and fast to be the BD, and the JTR sounding more like Space Queen. That's the one I would like back. The buds had brown hue's to them, and would dry somewhat beige, not green. One friend barely made if off the motorway into the services, having had lorries flying past him. Another stopped on a bridge. He could see Macdonalds not quarter of a mile away, but couldn't get there. I once tried opium, and it's a better analogue for our JTR, than calling it cannabis.

The Friesland also had people not leaving the house. Like it was some new drug we had mistaken for cannabis. About half the people I know were turned into hermits, but half thought it nothing special. The hermets soon got used to it though. So I wouldn't want it back, but would like to loose my tollerance for it again (and know what on earth was different about it)

bajode5

Nepalí Mileche, it was a planta with a unique flavor/aroma. Was a freebie, so its imposible to get the same seeds today.

Tom Hill Haze was an open-pollinated reproduction from several seed packets from cannabiogen.

Only some plants were eliminated and all the others were left to have the greatest possible genetic variety...
Buyed on the cannabiogen site or get directly from kaiki?

Hello, I have not yet had the pleasure of trying original haze so I cannot compare it to tom hill haze.

As Tom said, he got it from Positronics and they sold it to him as an original haze.
The truth is that I don't know when Mangobiche and Oaxacan will be there, maybe in a few years...

Doing things well takes time and there are other older varieties ahead that have to be rescued.:tiphat:

I grew both in parallel. To my, THH are more worked, at least i found some good plants on it. OH its more wild but its good too.

PandoraSeedBank

Boutique Breeder
Nepalí Mileche, it was a planta with a unique flavor/aroma. Was a freebie, so its imposible to get the same seeds today.

Buyed on the cannabiogen site or get directly from kaiki?

I grew both in parallel. To my, THH are more worked, at least i found some good plants on it. OH its more wild but its good too.
Hello!

In cannabiogen. They were made by Raco I think.

From what I've seen, Tom Hill Haze does look more worked and tamed than OH.

In the future I would like to do Original haze X Oldtimer's Haze.:hotbounce

bajode5

Hello!

In cannabiogen. They were made by Raco I think.

From what I've seen, Tom Hill Haze does look more worked and tamed than OH.

In the future I would like to do Original haze X Oldtimer's Haze.:hotbounce
I didn't know that reproduction existed, I imagine Raco made an open reproduction of the Tom Hill packages.
I remember that not long ago on the Capulator forum Tom Hill sold a lot of seeds and few users there were able to purchase them. I hope that soon one of them will publish something interesting about them somewhere.

Finding an old source of Ohz is not easy, I have quite a few friends who have open-breeded some Ohz, the one I enjoy the most comes from Seedsman.
I just haven't been able to grow Ohz from FD, I bought a package at an old store and none of the seeds germinated.
I also grew Todd's Ohz and found nothing but weak plants. I only kept one male that met my expectations and decided to cross him with a THH F2.

Equilibrium Genetics has OTH/THH.

A hug brother, I hope to be able to cultivate some of your work once you can send to this part of the world.

bloyd

Veteran
In 2008 my daughter had a party at the house and her friends took pictures of the grow/selfies and posted them on Facebook. I had to cull several Highland Mexican x Blueberry about a week before harvest.
Nothing happened but I still lost the great genetics from Chimera.
I'd send you some f2's of the hm x bb if you'd like another shot. Not sure they would work outdoors for you but I've experienced that forced cull heartbreak.

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I'd send you some f2's of the hm x bb if you'd like another shot. Not sure they would work outdoors for you but I've experienced that forced cull heartbreak.
Bloyd;
What a gracious offer, thank you. I actually grow in a greenhouse and think they would be very close to finishing here in North Dakota.

I was heart sick as you mentioned back in the day. Chimera isn't always the most active and honestly I had given up looking for these genetics.

Peace farmerlion

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There was a sour d cut floating around NY/PA area for quite a while i used to get called the “reds”. “Sour Diesel Reds”, i got them in jars for years. An oz was 500$. This was maybe 06-07ish. Trimmed like shit and absolutely fantastic. Ive searched for it since and have never come across it since leaving the area. Long gone i suppose. Classic “haze/piff” from the area was always terrific too. But I think thats still findable.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
I feel that regret for several cbg offerings, same for delicatessen.

there is something about quick sativas that makes good medicine for me. Often long flowering sativas can be too spacey, dark, or just too mentally fatiguing.
I have some of Mario's work. I love Delicatessen and have fear of popping any. Opening up my CBG and bringing things to life is very exciting and scary for me.
Peace farmerlion

Latest posts

Latest posts