What's new

what to make out of my old co2 tank

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I still have my first co2 tank made in 1964 or atleast thats the first stamp on it...I don't use compressed co2 anymore and have kept it all these years..its a 32 lb er and after 91 no one wanted to test and re certify it..old steel is superior and I want to make something out of it..any ideas....yeehaw,...mini wood burner??? don't know

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
its a 32 lb er ..tank is about 24 and a 1/2 tall not including valve...its purple too....lol...yeehaw..I can get a pic up later when I take some shots of my veggies and seedlings tho...a bit cool in the greenhouse this morn..still enjoying my French press coffee....having wifi reception in greenhouse===priceless

Trout. I think ur on to something with the stove....might be able to make some kind of rocket stove for ur greenhouse. (Rocket stoves are an extremely efficient way of using wood to heat)

Or u could cut the bottom off and flip it upside down, connect some hoses and make a gravity fed watering system? (If u don't already have a setup)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I think a small stove of some sort like a rocket stove or even regular one.....old steel is superior in quality having worked in the pa steel mills I know a bit ..I can weld even tho I don't currently have one, I have access to a full shop with everything you could imagine...its lasted this long and represents a time when I really started dedicating my self to mj and learned how amazing a plant it is..it deserves respect and proper care....the 2 new tanks I had were lightweight alloy bullshit ...this is old usa made quality steel baby..with only a few spots of surface rust very few...it deserves a good second life and a reminder for me of when it really became an obsession and a huge part of my life....yeehaw..its really thick and would retain and radiate heat real well..maybe a mini blast furnace for forgeing.. I used to make custom hinges and fence toppers and such..i even powder coated stuff with the eastwood kits and an oven and a few other things,,,made great cash too

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

the old fat 100# cylinders make good fire pit characters

fpm3_zpsux9vy4qr.jpg

take away the spikes and nobody loses an eye.......

fpm1_zpsbqwvy8je.jpg