What's new

What to look for in a potential grow house?

Oh yeah, one more thing...a security system.
No. Security systems make people lazy. Properly trained dogs are the best solution, inside a properly fenced yard (all the way around the house so the dogs can roam). You may spend 6-8k on those two dogs if you can't train them yourself, but they will protect you for a decade or more, while being your best friend!

KRD

200 amp panel and a landlord that only cares about getting paid, Everything else is yours to fuck up. Its more about how you handle your everyday business and blend in not about having a perfect spot.

kstampy

I'm already in a 'friendly' house that fell on my lap when I started and years later looking for a new place and thought maybe the people who fucked up before I do (I don't care how many #s you've got under your belt you still fuck up you are only human) could shed some light on things to keep in consideration. I am perfectly capable of doing it myself but it never hurts to do your homework. Obviously I am not gonna take some jackass' advice on the net word for word that's why intelligent individuals like myself piece together information and forms a solution of their own. To those that helped, thank you. To those that wasted my time with 2 pages of holier than thou I don't wanna have him burn a house down from my advice you're not ready bs then why bother posting and bringing down the OP. I thought people used this place to learn? He's gonna do it regardless... why not help him NOT burn his house down? :2cents::tiphat:

turbolaser4528

Veteran
Basement, cool landlord, no inspections, distant landlord, distance between neighbors, natural barriers (on a hill, trees, bushes, fences around, rivers)

Solid electrical system (can't risk a fire)

Neighbors, low traffic on street, and knowing your local laws, and past court cases of grows of similar size.

Escape route

Shady Smoka

-Up to date electric service (preferably 200amps)
-A basement or at least a crawlspace (for ventilation needs as well as ease of running electric and plumbing)
-An attached garage (so you can unload supplies out of view)
-A newer oil burner/furnace/hvac system (less likely to need to call the repair guy)
Those are few off the top of my head...but hey, I only run a closet with a 400

ok im no way a big grower. i grow with a 150w hps in a lil box i made but i do have some nice key features to my house. nice basement that has a decent room to grow if i can convince the ol lady,fenced in yard with attached garage. plus a landlord that lives across the country. i couldnt ever do a big grow. i might move up to 250w but for security reasons (kid every weekends and holidays) i grow enuff to not buy or run out for the ol lady and i.