What's new

What to do with mature males?

D

Doctor John

Hi eyeryone.
Looking for some help and advice.
Just starting to harvest large male plants, grown outdoors, that are just about to flower - removing each one before it flowers, hopefully....
Thing is, there is a lot of plant material, I had to saw each one down as the stems were up to two inches in diameter.
Whats the best way to process quantity males, if they are worth the work/effort that is?????
I have been wondering about bubble sacks, for instance..... and, will it be worth the cost of the equipment.....
Open to ideas, suggestions and advice!
Going to grow indoors in future - this has freaked me out a bit......
Doctor John

Dr. D

Veteran
Hi Doctor John, males in most cases are a no-no to smoke, bubblebags would not be worth ur while unless u had a super resinous male..ur best bet would be to cook with it...try lookin in the cookin with cannabis forum maybe there are some recipes in there using the male plant..hope this helps

b_is_me

Ya cooking with the males would be ideal. I have boiled down males in water and then strained the water and boiled that down right to hash but I would say condensed hash syrup would be better with butter.

G

guest123

they make great compost , plants love to grow in the compost made from their own material ...

G

make sure your pile is away from any fems, think about it...

make sure your pile is away from any fems, think about it...

u also need a complete, balanced, and well-aged/burnt up compost, your maleplants are just 1 piece of the pie :)

great idea wallyduck :D

you can also eat the leaves :) raw.

as far as the prospect of boiling down male plants to a sludge;
caveat emptor, may turn out an excercize in futility :2cents:

cj

G

but after re-reading your post doctor john i am kinda confused, if you have such immense males outdoors where are the females to match? just curious as i'd say if you have quantity males you must have quantity (or at least a few) females and/or hermies which are great bubble bag candidates which would make bubble bags a great idea :D

again, :2cents:
cj

G

agree
males aren't worth the time and effort for the little bit of weak hash you get from them, that nobody ever wants to smoke...unless you are very, very desperate for a light buzz

dociron

hmmmmmm

hmmmmmm

wallyduck said:
they make great compost , plants love to grow in the compost made from their own material ...

care full !!

What eats pot eats pot.
Just a thought, :2cents:

As for the ?,, smoke it my friend,, lol
I harvested a male one time, and shared the smoke with a friend,, thinking of course, "It's JUST a male" :yoinks: lol
MAN!! We were both stoned as could be!! He went home early that day!! lol
Me? I went back up in the air, lol
130 feet that day, :yoinks:
"dociron" is NOT just a handle,,
I worked 400 feet up, and 400 feet down,, it was my life. lol
I was really "high" that day,,, :pointlaug