What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What to do with $10,000?

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I would drop that on paying off any existing debt I have while continuing to keep money going into my savings account for actually dropping that on investments. That's just me though, I don't like having debt.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
if your talking to me.. I got several areas including a greenhouse...and a new 200 amp service just got installed....yeehaw..theres no basements in my area....san diego...10x 10 aint nowhere enough for me..the indoor grow area is larger than that fo shure..

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
I would drop that on paying off any existing debt I have while continuing to keep money going into my savings account for actually dropping that on investments. That's just me though, I don't like having debt.

if your talking to me.. I got several areas including a greenhouse...and a new 200 amp service just installed....yeehaw

Sorry trout that wasn't directed at you but just answering what the original post of what I would personally do with 10 grand.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I wish I had a basement again ..steady cool temps when I had one...I do draw cool air from under house here in winter tho...yeehaw...take that ten and turn it into more where your at...

barnyard

turn it into cash and wait for the impending world financial crises...real money is going to become very, very valuable in the near future.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
doing winter greenhouse crops as I type...yeehaw...cash is king but the us dollar could crash...precious metals rule...

barnyard

Grandpa's dig out shovel sitting in the corner of the garage is going to be worth more than the gold ring, IMO.

But I agree, you never know.

CoCoSativas

If you had $10k to start with and lived in a non-medical state but wanted to move to a med/rec state to make money in the marijuana industry which state would you go to and what would you do? Start growing for money, try and open a dispensary, make concentrates, etc. ? I live in a non-medical state currently and want to move and start trying to make money in marijuana somehow but I'm not really sure how saturated the market is for growers, extraction artists, dispensaries, etc. Anways, if you were in my position what would you do? I'm trying to move sooner than later so any advice is appreciated.

Buy gear and grow for money. Stay in a illegal state you will make more and have less compatition...

I'm dreading legalization here...

themessiah710

Buy gear and grow for money. Stay in a illegal state you will make more and have less compatition...

I would but I would be limited to maybe a 4x2.5x7 cabinet. Also I'd be sort of paranoid about the electric bill, though I've been hearing that electric companies tipping off cops is a myth.

Its not a myth. Information is a multi-billion dollar industry. Even here in Cali the power company works with law enforcement

St. Phatty

It depends on your skills & experiences & maybe even hobbies & friends.

Have you ever made anything pot related ?

I like the idea of advertising a Ghost-Buster's type team to do mold repair on grow-houses, no questions asked.

When there is mold, fixing 2 rooms can cost $10K - for some plaster work and cleaning and painting the wood with a special chemical.

Learning to automate that ... well most plaster guys are tickled pink to make $500 a day.

Of course, it helps with this if you're a plaster guy or your brother is. But those mold people are CLEANING UP and that is grow-related.

I like the idea of water-proofing things FIRST. Just Varathane EVERYTHING :woohoo:

M O L D B U S T E R s

That domain name is taken -
http://moldbusters.com/

Speaking of Ghostbusters
Do you Want this Body ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9L7UUp0FxY

ceausescu

It depends on your skills & experiences & maybe even hobbies & friends.

Have you ever made anything pot related ?

I like the idea of advertising a Ghost-Buster's type team to do mold repair on grow-houses, no questions asked.

When there is mold, fixing 2 rooms can cost $10K - for some plaster work and cleaning and painting the wood with a special chemical.

Learning to automate that ... well most plaster guys are tickled pink to make $500 a day.

Of course, it helps with this if you're a plaster guy or your brother is. But those mold people are CLEANING UP and that is grow-related.

I like the idea of water-proofing things FIRST. Just Varathane EVERYTHING :woohoo:

M O L D B U S T E R s

That domain name is taken -
http://moldbusters.com/

Speaking of Ghostbusters
Do you Want this Body ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9L7UUp0FxY
Great idea!!! Seems kind of funny to me coming from a 3rd world country but in the US it might work

Terpz

As you get older, the stress of constantly looking over your shoulder becomes heavier.. Most relocating to cannabis states want to escape the stress, paranoia and potential jail/fines. Would you rather compete with good growers or the popo?

My 2cents.. don't do it alone. There are a lot of people just like you. Most of them wanting to do the same thing as you. Find others with similar goals and make a team. I often think... what if we stopped competing and joined forces? Lets go!

Latest posts

Latest posts