What's new

What to do about a nosy neighbour?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I've lived next to a nosy neighbor for 20 years..

I've lived next to a nosy neighbor for 20 years..

Some people are just like that...

I would go over and introduce myself and see what you got next door.

It's probably nothing to worry about :party:

packerfan79

Veteran
Probably just a lonely old lady with nothing to do. Be nice introduce yourself. Don't scare her and she will most likely not be a problem. She's a woman after all they have a constant need for attention.

She's not actually old, she's an asian woman about 35 I would say.
But she has her hair streaked blond, I know the young asian girls sometimes do this, but it's unusual for an older woman to do so.

Maybe she's single and trying to make herself attractive to men. Looking for western husband in other words.
Or she might be a hooker.

See my policy is to have nothing to do with neighbours, as you are just giving them a chance to find out more about your business.

And if they find out you have weed, they will be pests.
They will come to your door at all hours asking to buy $10 of weed, and expecting you to give them $50 worth for the price, as they know and therefore have something over you.

A long time ago, I was sitting on the couch watching television and drinking wine, with the front door open and was fairly pissed.
The next door neighbour at the time comes to the door and says, you are drinking wine, can I have some?
And before I could get my wits together and tell him no, he just walks into my house, and then he see's a bright light shining under a door and says, oh you have a hydro system in there.

A year and a half later he told the cops, and I got a knock and talk.

So since then I have absolutely nothing to do with neighbours.
Don't encourage them otherwise they will think it's ok to come around, and maybe even come onto your property when you are not there, because their your good neighbours, right?

Last edited:

St. Phatty

Maybe find out what movie she likes and rent it on Netflix, then offer to loan it to her.

It's sort of a casual favor that could break the ice.

Or you could have a fender-bender car accident with her. That way you would have a chance to exchange phone numbers.

So is the situation possibly headed toward a romance or does that wave have 'no way' written all over it ?

Just wait till she starts having problems with her house-plants.

You could offer to measure the pH of her run-off.

If she says, "you mean my menstrual run-off ", you know you're home free :woohoo:

Wolfshadoe

SF..That was my first guess..>>>LITE LEAK.Just be aware your place lites up if you go into y grow room.Then again,35? hmm.Dont know, bc ppl are frigging weird some time man.I would NOT make contact if YOU are on a grow though.Good Luck,<ws>

VonBudí

&#12542;(&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)&#12494;
Veteran
It's sort of a casual favor that could break the ice.

indeed, see if she wants to go furniture shopping

il_340x270.1059918882_poan.jpg

Brother Bear

Simple kynd of man
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Work hard, save money, build/repair credit. Move to where you have no neighbor's :yes:
That's what I did. Now I can do anything I want, anytime. I could kill and skin a Jehovah's Witness right in my front yard, naked. If I chose to ;) And no one would know.

Or this...
Observation is a two way street...

You would never know your neighbor was WATCHING YOU unless you were WATCHING your neighbor.

Who's really watching who here?

Situational awareness is a good thing until it's turned into paranoia.

vancityj

"I like to leave the door open to get fresh air, or to cool the place down, but I know from her place she can see into my house if I leave the door open. I keep catching her at her windows looking into my place, in fact tonight I went to put something in the trash can outside and as I walked out the door I saw her at her window looking into my house."

"A long time ago, I was sitting on the couch watching television and drinking wine, with the front door open and was fairly pissed. The next door neighbour at the time comes to the door and says, you are drinking wine, can I have some? And before I could get my wits together and tell him no, he just walks into my house, and then he see's a bright light shining under a door and says, oh you have a hydro system in there."

I think the moral of the story is, close the front door if you're illicitly growing. Open the back door/window, or buy an air conditioner.

It's funny that you think 35 is an "older woman" lol.

No, you have to take it in context.
I meant older than the young asian girls who streak their hair blond.
Not "older" as in a nice way of saying someone is "old".

Just "older" than the teenage/eary twenties I was referring too.

Now I know she's watching me I feel an obsessive urge to watch her to see if she's watching me.

I think she might have seen strange lights at night, that's caught her interest.
I think I better keep the door half closed at least so she can't see right into my house.

The previous woman who lived there suspected I grew as well, so I'm thinking there is a strange glow at night sometimes that can be seen from there.
Well she did know I grew in the end, as she saw me walking past the door carrying a bushy clone mother in a pot, and she let out a loud screech.
Up till then I thought she suspected but was cool with it, but that made me realise that wasn't the case.

Green Squall

I gotcha just joking around.

On a serious note though, make sure you have no light leaks visible from the outside of your house. That can attract unwanted attention.

Latest posts

Latest posts