What's new

What To Bring To My First Protest??

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
nothing tells your constituents you're serious about the issues better than having a cute hippie chick with you.......

hippie3.jpg
I could not agree more!! I chose the ex-large breasted model..Bonus I think I can outrun her if it shit storms...

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Well I can't dress "conservative" cause I haven't cut my hair in 10 1/2 years. But listen to me talk or read my signs and you'll see I'm not some stoner hippie making the movement look bad.

Yeah that, Just 2 years on the hair (23 braided inches to locks of love 08)
I am gonna bring some garbage bags to clean up some...If I ain't busy gettin tazed..

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
Well I can't dress "conservative" cause I haven't cut my hair in 10 1/2 years. But listen to me talk or read my signs and you'll see I'm not some stoner hippie making the movement look bad.

I wear my hair long, too. But i've seen lawyers with long hair. A guy with his long hair tied back in nice clothes sends a substantially different message than a guy in a tie-dye with his hair blowing in the wind.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
If I owned a suit that fit I would have worn it. I did keep the dreads tied up. Great event. A lot of brave and outspoken people turned out. Democracy in action.

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
U see the one anti protester??? One dude took shit for a day for his opinion... He was butt ass wrong n a little nutz.....but damn I gotta give him some props....

C

COOKIE MONSTER

A hose to syphon petrol from cars that you have stolen and driven to the bottle bank.
Some milk crates, socks, and a flatbed pick up truck for speedy delivery to the front lines.

Anti

Sorcerer's Apprentice
Veteran
http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/medical-marijuana-advocates-to-hold-lansing-rally-20110907-mr#.Tmg4lTba7qs.facebook

Medical Marijuana Advocates Rally at Michigan Capitol

Updated: Wednesday, 07 Sep 2011, 11:20 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 07 Sep 2011, 8:37 AM EDT

By TIM MARTIN
Associated Press

LANSING, Mich. (AP) - Supporters of Michigan's medical marijuana program rallied at the state Capitol on Wednesday to protest recent court rulings and proposed legislative changes that would make it harder for some licensed patients to get the drug.

Protesters carried signs reading "Power to the Patients" and "Cannabis for Chronic Pain" while saying authorities may be trying to weaken the 2008 law approved by voters. Capitol facilities managers estimated up to 1,500 protesters attended the rally.

"I'm afraid that other patients are going to have to go underground to get something legal, and they're a legal patient and have that card in their pocket," said Robert Loomis of Quincy, who said he chooses to use medical marijuana to relieve chronic back and ankle pain. "And to go underground isn't necessarily the safest way."

Marijuana is approved to relieve pain and chronic ailments. About 100,000 people have state-issued cards letting them have 2.5 ounces of "usable" pot and up to 12 plants. Registered caregivers also can grow marijuana for five people.

A recent Michigan Court of Appeals ruling has shuttered many of the medical marijuana dispensaries that had popped up across the state. The ruling said the 2008 law does not allow people to sell pot to each other, even if they're among those holding state-issued marijuana cards.

Michigan lawmakers and Republican Attorney General Bill Schuette are backing multiple proposals that could further define or change the state law. Schuette has said the current law has "more holes than Swiss cheese." His stance on medical marijuana is one reason he faces a recall attempt. A Midland County panel on Wednesday ruled that recall petition language targeting Schuette is clear, allowing opponents to start collecting signatures in an effort make a ballot as early as 2012.

The proposed legislative changes would require stricter doctor-patient relationships and in-person examinations before a patient could get authorization to use marijuana. Other proposals would define who could be licensed as a caregiver and regulate or zone dispensaries, if they're allowed at all.

Schuette wants to make it a felony for physicians to knowingly give false certification of a patient's debilitating condition and to knowingly submit false information on an application for a patient or caregiver card. Other developing ideas call for cracking down on drivers who get behind the wheel with marijuana in their system.

There's also a video.

Is the guy in the "debate" (see video) the guy you guys are talking about with the sign?

primobud

Had to Google "Michigan Marijuana Protest" to see what my cousins down south were up too! Hope you all had a good time. We've got quite a few nutbars up here too. Way too much cash being made is the only reason these asshole up here keep it illegal "for our own good"!!!

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Great link Thanks Anti... yeah that was church Dude..Wrong and Dum..But he was there all day...bigger stones than our AG schutte

Lady in the chair was cool as hell BTW..she will be tryin some capsules today...:)

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
There were some amazing speakers at the rally yesterday. Even better, the people that showed up:) We got to burn a couple fatties on the Capitol grass....police weren't thick and I never saw one person being arrested. We truly kept it peaceful and that rally was a complete success. 3K people showed up in support of our state's patients and caregivers...it was a sight to see and to date, our biggest marijuana rally in history.

Oh...and TMB's hair is awesome! Wish I could have stayed and chatted with him, but of course, had to pick up the little one from the babysitter. Thank you to everyone from Michigan that showed up....we made a little piece of history yesterday:)

Last edited:

paladin420

FACILITATOR
Veteran
Ther where some great Do's there.. NOKUY would be green with jealously...TMB u hit up SGS on your way out of town??

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
We'll see each other again soon ms B don't worry. didn't stop at sgs on the way out of town. I'm a regular at another location anyway. did stop at another IC member's house on the way back to the D though and had a pretty legendary session.

all in all a good day. held up my signs proud, walked around the city putting the signs in the faces of dudes in suits. got a lot of thumbs up and nods from older people. I had a sign that really hit home for the retired crowd and they seemed really appreciative of a young dude protesting on their behalf. on top of that I met 4 ICmag members. good times.