What's new

what time to harvest

G

I know that you wait until the resin turns amber at least,but I want the most weight. all the fans leaves are yellow now. will it continue to put on weight or is it done (they are outside)

KRS Juan

We would need far more information that what you have provided to even make a guess.

What strain is it?
How long has it been flowering?
What percentage of hairs have turned brown/red?

Photo's will help a lot.

-KRS Juan-

G

There are many that have advice on this subject, but waiting until trichomes turn amber is not the best, not for what I like to smoke.

See amber trichomes are dying trichomes, they are degrading in strenght from this point on. Watching for them to all get Milky white in color is best and usually at this point in the game one can look and find a amber tric here and there.

Outdoors it is part of the plants process to allow the fan leaves to yellow and drop off the plant. Black spot's on the leaf and stem means it is getting to cold at night for them. It does seem alot of areas are getting cooler temps right now than normal, so cover them up to protect them if you can, that is if they need to flower longer, if they are ready enjoy your harvest.

Now looking at the nice new fresh hairs on the bud, well they are almost clear in color, translucant, I believe is the word, then the get whitter incolor, some times change color, and then the will start to die. Most of the time you can watch the tips of the hairs dry up and curl as this proces starts. This is also when they turn to a reddish brown color on average. Again it is a sign of rippening if noticed at the proper time. Just the same a hot batch of food, excessive heat, will cause the tips of the hairs to get burnt and die.

Some do like going by how a percentage of color change in the hairs, but this is not always the most accurate method. Take all factor's into account, look at how long you have been flushing them, decide if you should go longer or harvest.

If it is a big plant, sometimes taking the top 1/3rd of the plant to expose the lower 2/3rds to more light and time leads to a more even quality harvest of the buds'.

Hope you the best and enjoy your harvest.

realhigh.