What's new

what time does everyone usually start 12/12??

primetime31

Im about to switch over my 2k room but i wanted to see what time everyone starts the light cycle. I would really like to be on off peak hours for power and the room is sealed also. So durring day or night doesnt matter..Any suggestions would be great thanks in advance!!!

T

TribalSeeds

My room isn't sealed, but I run lights at night. It doesn't get as cold during the day, I don't want my plants to freeze. Even if it were a sealed room, running the lights at night is more energy efficient. Its easier to cool and is off peak energy hrs. 7-7 works for me.

JOE CHRONIC

Im about to switch over my 2k room but i wanted to see what time everyone starts the light cycle. I would really like to be on off peak hours for power and the room is sealed also. So durring day or night doesnt matter..Any suggestions would be great thanks in advance!!!

I have lights set to come on at 10pm and go off at 10am.

*Allows you to keep room cooler during night temps and keeps room cooler during day temps...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
this is entirely up to you. I also run at night. I try to be arround when the light are on just in case there is a problem.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
8 pm to 8 am for me. It's easier to keep plants warm in winter, it's easier to keep them cooler in summer, and in some parts of the country you get a lower rate per kilowatt-hour.

-Funk

HorseMouth

9 PM - 9 AM.

After electric peak billing. And still time to do quick work in the morning if I have to. Compiled with the rest of the morning chores.

I don't grow Indoor in the summer. Too Hot no matter What.

Peace

Relentless

Veteran
it dont matter imo. but 6pm to 6am is lights on for me.. gives me time to work on the ladies after work. and they sleep during the day which also keeps the temps down a bit

primetime31

This web site is the iish and all you guys who responded are a huge help!! I think im going to try 8 to 8 or 9 to 9.. Mainly for power costs and cause its cold in my room when the lights are off at night.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Don't know about Bud Ignitor but I know you can throw the phosphoload away... it containes chems you don't want to use on food plants.

Same stuff as Gravity, DragonFlower, TopLoad and a few others....

As for lights on? Yes, best to have them come on when you'll generally be around. Most light/ballast issues happen at startup.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

MileHighGuy

Veteran
5:51 PM lights are on... lol.

I get off work at 5:30, by the time I'm home I check on them while lights are coming on, then I can leave for the night.

Anything else that is needed can be done before I go to bed late at night style.

I'm in the snow So it helps to have lights on at night for heat.... and in the summer it's way easier to cool at night.

Peace

Midnight

Veteran
A word of caution about "peak" hours. In some states there is no such thing. Here in northern California you get a certain amount of hours at one rate (with SMUD, do not know how PGE works it), when you go over that amount of hours in the month then the bill goes up to the next price tier. Tier one here is 620 hours at 0.094600 per hour, after you max out the 620 hours the next tier is billed at 0.175500 per hour (these are 2011 rates). All that aside, I run my lights at night to cut down on the heat in the room. And also, the amount paid per hour/tier changes during the summer, these are winter rates I posted.

jd4083

Veteran
8pm-8am or 9pm-9am...not for any sort of peak hour reason, just because it allows me the idea time frame to tinker with the plants with my work and sleep schedule..

I still remember one of the first runs I did where I for some reason decided that 1am-1pm was the best cycle I could use...was the biggest pain in the ass, never again. By the time the lights came on at 1am I was (or should have been) sleeping already, and with my dog-related chores and commute I never really had the time before work to do anything with the plants, so I had the worst sleep schedule ever as I had to start staying up late enough to make sure that I could take care of any issues before they spent the next 6-8 hours alone while I was sleeping. Felt like the world's biggest dumbass for those 3 months of flowering :laughing:

MrStonerMan

I'm doing 7pm to 7am.. If I could choose again I might have gone 8-8 or 9-9 just because my schedule would have fit better

primetime31

dannng dooooods thanks for all the responses! I have PG&E.. Anybody know about "peak" hours for them. Im in nor cal.....thought there was a tier program like Midnight stated for SMUD but now im having a mental fart and cant remember

primetime31

Hydro-soil help me out with this phosphoload. My buddy swears by it and his herbs are tremendous. If you can refer me some info on it that would be perfect